Does anybody have experience/reviews of the timberdoodle curriculum packages? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-07-2014, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anybody have experience/reviews of the timberdoodle curriculum packages?

Hi there, does anybody have experience they would like to share about using the timberdoodle curriculum packages? I am looking at purchasing the second grade elite, have read about it tons...but would love to hear about others opinions as well! We have been using ambleside online, and I will continue to follow their reading list as well (just for literature, and poetry). This is our first time purchasing a packaged curriculum, and I'm a little nervous about the price.....but it looks right up my sons alley....involving lots of hands on, building, critical thinking, reasoning etc......I know no packaged curriculum will be a perfect fit for all subjects, but I'd like to hear what others think the strengths and weaknesses may be for this one. Oh, and we will be adding in latin, and some extra chess games......thanks! Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-21-2014, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Timberdoodle looks great!

I am a mother of two. One a little more than 2 and a half and the other is nearly 5. I found Timberdoodle recently and must say that I am very impressed with their products. I was set on Calvert at first. However my children are so young, and I really wanted them to have "fun" this coming year without any heavy academics. I therefor decided to purchase the preschool curriculum for my daughter and the kindergarten curric for my son. The prices are pretty hefty however I have researched reviews on each of their products and none have received below 4 stars. They have really chosen the best products for each curriculum. Also It is so hands on. One other thing is that the "toys" - really educational in nature can be used for several years. So I see it as a great investment. I plan on using either kinza academy (an Islamic homeschool site) or The well trained Mind for future grades, so this coming year will probably be the most expensive for us. However what a great way to start the critical thinking process. The down side....I felt then need to supplement a bit with reading materials for both grades. There were classic books that I wanted to start reading to my children, like mother Goose treasury, as well as others. Seeing as you already have a literature program with Ambleside this should not be a problem. I may also purchase some math manipulative's. Other than that I am happy with my choice. Looking forward to starting our school year! Best of luck to you. I hope I was of some help.

User Tag List