Homeschooling in Texas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-04-2014, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Homeschooling in Texas?

Hello all,

It looks like my family will be moving to the Dallas area in the fall. How can I locate some support groups? I have a 3rd grader and a preschooler. Thanks!

Happy homeschooling homeschool.gif, cosleeping fambedsingle2.gif, babywearing femalesling2.GIFmama to DS 3/06 superhero.gif, DS 12/10 jog.gif,  and wife to DH hug.gif.

blogging.jpg   nocirc.gifcd.gif 

#2 of 4 Old 08-04-2014, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
http://a2zhomeschooling.com/regional/us/texas/texas_support_groups_dallas_fort_worth_homeschooli ng/

I love that site, by the way.

Sometimes it takes a little bit of looking. While you are out-and-about, keep your eyes peeled for school-aged kids who are with their parents during school hours. Take a deep breath and approach and start asking. Ask about groups, park days, yahoo or Facebook groups, anything. While I don't normally prefer homeschooling lessons, like midday gymnastics or other event designed for homeschoolers, it's a great way to rub noses with the local homeschooling crowd and especially ones that share some of your interests. Ask your local church-- Christian homeschoolers in the US keep the HS population bursting at the seams, and many churches host HSing groups.

With your 3rd-grader in tow, you will be approached as well and things get easier. It's still not a guarantee that things will "click", but at least you'll know what's out there.

ETA: Yeah, it just clicked that you have a 3rd grader and probably know all this stuff.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."

Last edited by SweetSilver; 08-04-2014 at 09:28 AM.
#3 of 4 Old 08-04-2014, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
https://www.facebook.com/CommonGroundHomeschoolers

Found this for you. I have no idea what they are about, but check out their FB page.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#4 of 4 Old 08-08-2014, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks!

Happy homeschooling homeschool.gif, cosleeping fambedsingle2.gif, babywearing femalesling2.GIFmama to DS 3/06 superhero.gif, DS 12/10 jog.gif,  and wife to DH hug.gif.

blogging.jpg   nocirc.gifcd.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page