Any Maryland homeschool families here? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 12-15-2014, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any Maryland homeschool families here?

We are considering moving from Chicago which is surprisingly lax to Md. which seems really rigid in regards to homeschooling laws and regulations. Just looking for advice/support/input on how to do it! Feeling overwhelmed at the thought!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-15-2014, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
We are a PS family but there are many HS families here in MD and lots of great programs in Baltimore that make me envious of free time during school hours. (The Walter's HS program, for instance - swoon!) I'd check some local HS sites. Good luck

Troll? Here's me...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 of 6 Old 12-15-2014, 05:52 PM

We have many friends who participate in inexpensive umbrella groups, but we are reviewed by the Board of Education (Anne Arundel County). I keep meaning to join an umbrella group, but it is no problem to go to the BoE twice a year. The rules on the books look intimidating, but I have never had trouble getting our homeschool year signed off on. If you have any questions, feel free!

Brenna

Enjoying my DDs: 11/95, 06/06, 04/08, and DS (!?!) 8/16 . Married to my soulmate.
Got to admit it's getting better, getting better all the time.

#4 of 6 Old 12-25-2014, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
We review through the county (Harford) and it has worked pretty well for us. I have learned to translate what we do into their format.

no longer 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 or 
 or
 ... dd is going on 12 (!) how was I to know there was a homeschool going on?
#5 of 6 Old 03-05-2015, 05:01 PM

I believe Carroll County is one of the best for Maryland homeschoolers in Maryland. We have a big number due to a combo of the county being rural and the community conservative. Having a really bad record with one of our largest high schools—as well Common Core problems—has pushed more people into it, too. That said, there are a number of us who are also secular and non-conservative. I really like our community thus far.
#6 of 6 Old 03-06-2015, 05:39 AM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
We homeschool in MD and it isn't difficult to meet requirements. Can be a little tedious or a challenge if you're radically unschooling but we use more curriculum now and reviews are a breeze. I am in Carroll County too and like the many opportunities available.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page