creating special moments/activities - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-20-2002, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter
kel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have 3 kids and we unschool, and tonight I was thinking about how little they are and how fast they're going to grow up... And I was thinking about ways that I could make this time really special, ways to fully take advantage of the time that I have with them now. I mean, I'm a stay at home mama, I breastfed them all, we co-sleep, are together constantly, read together daily, do lots of art, celebrate the seasons, all that wonderful daily stuff- but, I think it would be really neat to try to add something extra special into each day.

I remember quite a while back one mama on here saying that she let her kids pick a card out of the tarot deck each day(or week maybe) and put it up on the mantle. Does anyone have any special little daily rituals or activities that you do with your kids?

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2002, 02:10 AM

We are moving towards little rituals in our daily lives, special songs, routines, etc. Like my daughter always gets in bed for some snuggle time when she wakes up, and bedtime stories. We have a natural pattern to our day which I find helpful. I just got a neat book called Seven Times the Sun by Shea Darian that you may be interested in.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
kel

I actually bought that book when my first child was a babe - I love it! There are so many wonderful ideas in her book.

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

User Tag List