homeschooling and full time work - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-26-2002, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I work 48 hrs/week, but i want to homeschool dd. she's three now, and of course i feel like i have been schooling her since infanthood...but i really hope i succeed. Dh agreed to let me try, my schedule is pretty neat, because i put all my hours in at work in 4 days(shift work) then i have 4 days off. 2 of my shifts are nights, so it should work out! any suggestions?

mamasoleil:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-28-2002, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like you will be a busy Mom. It sounds like something you could make work but you will have to be so well structures. What about the day you are tired after working 3 or 4 12hr shifts?

I work two evenings a week and will start some homeschool preschool this fall just to see how it will work.

Good Luck!
#3 of 4 Old 06-28-2002, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I say go for it. If it is a lifestyle you can maitain and parent I don't see why you can't do it homeschooling.

I would suggest reading "The Unschooling Hadbook". Even if you aren't planning to unschool it can help lighten your laod and give you confidence that your children will be learning evn when your aren't ina position to teach them. We spend about 1 1/2 2 or 3 times a week and dd is a year and a half above where she ought to be accidemically (and no offense to her but she isn't particularly bright compared to other kids. She is very normal if not a little slow to pick things up.)

Also i feel like homeschooling will help you maximize the time you do get to spend with your children. Imagine how little you would see them if you had to wait for your schedules to click.

Good luck to you as you embark on this journey. As you are learning and discovering keep an open mind about what it means to homeschool and let your creative juices flow.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#4 of 4 Old 06-28-2002, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd say give it a try. But I honestly can't imaging myself trying to HS a small child while working nearly 50 hours a week. Sounds uttery exhausting.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page