homeschooling - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-07-2002, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear Homeschooling Parents:
I have 4 children. I homeschooled the older 3 off and on as my health and time would allow> They are now 21,19, 17. I still have a 10-year old at home who has never been to school, but is doing just fine at home. He does above average work.
I am a teacher in a private religious school which has rigourous standards academically. I have considered sending him to this school for maybe a year. The school is very small and exclusive and I thought this may be a nice change of pace and would be an opportunity for him to go to school and I would still be keeping an eye on him and could control his environment.
Has anyone out there ever sent his/her child to the same school that they taught at?
Many of the teachers here at this school do or have had children attending the school. What has your experience been?
Miriam
#2 of 2 Old 08-08-2002, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Miriam, you'd probably get more responses to your question if you posted it at the ps board. That said, I know of a teacher who plans to send her dc to school and she is currently considering enrolling them in the school where she teaches rather than in their district school. One of the issues she's come across is that the children's circle of friends will be different. She feels her children may be out of the loop when it comes to birthday parties, play dates, sports, school dances, etc. because they will be living in another town, while all the school-mates will know each other from the neighborhood.

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page