Mothering Forum banner

Excited for school to start!

528 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Fieryfly 
#1 ·
I can't wait for the neighbors to go to school!

The neighbor boy is really not a problem most of the time. On the other hand it will be nice to not have him here for 4 hours of the day!

#2 ·
LOL

I kind of know what you mean. There is one boy from our building who was in dd class last year whom we really don't like. He bullied her. I will be so happy not having to worry if I'll meet him in the hall, or at the playground.

I can't wait for all the other kids to go off to school so that the kids science place, the aquarium, and other places we like to go will not be so crowded with all the kids on holidays. Of course I better check for field trips before we go. LOL

I'm also excited because I will be starting my HS year in Sept. (not that we haven't done anything over the summer, just that we are focussing on having fun outdoors right now) so as to have the excitement of the "school year" build up for dd - yes she is excited for HS to start.

#6 ·
mamathistle he is here everytime we talk, isn't he!

It's not even that they won't let my kids play at thier house, but they smoke, watch tv all day, and I "usually" would rather they play over here. The few times I have felt really sick, they have kept the boys while I nap. They are good neighbors for the most part. They just do somethings (a lot) differently then we do.

#7 ·
My neighbor won't let more than one child in her house at at time! So my kids (the 4 yo, 7 yo, and 8 yo) who are all friends with her 6 yo are not allowed to come into her house. So they always play over here. Which is fine with me but I think her rule is really silly. Esp. with siblings that live right next door. It's not like they're 2 or something. Anyway, school will be here soon!!

#9 ·
We have 2 neighbor boys that come over every day too. It doesn't help that they get along well with my DS, but not so well with one of my daycare boys. I'm kind of sad that summer is ending because I've had so much fun with my little pack of kids, and my DS will be heading off to ps for the first time in his life(he'll be in 4th). However, it will be a new adventure having just my 5yo with me most days!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.