Introduction - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-14-2005, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everybody! My name is Jessica and I'm a SAHM to Nikolai (2 next Wednesday) and Nathaniel (11 weeks today) and married to a wonderful man named Marc. We are future homeschoolers and lifelong learners. I have been reading posts like crazy to see what homeschool style fits us and to accumulate ideas. I've managed to read back over 82 pages of posts in the last week and have about 60 more to go. I've gotten some great ideas and have learned so much about a lot of you that I felt it only fair to introduce myself.

Now I'm just trying to refrain from wishing the next 3 years would pass by quickly so I can really start the fun stuff! I keep reminding myself to enjoy Nik at this age, but with the tantrums it's hard not to look to the future! :LOL Nik is a bright little guy (what parent doesn't think that though, right?!) and is picking up on things he hears in daily life very quickly. He has a M&D clock and asks me the names of the shapes as we play with it. It is so cute to hear a 2 year old say hexagon and trapezoid. He even identified a KitKat ( It wasn't me with a craving! :LOL ) as a trapezoid when Marc asked him what he had, expecting him to identify it as candy. That sort of threw us for a loop. He is also a very musical little guy and is getting a guitar of his own for his birthday so he stops playing with Daddy's expensive model. Marc can play things by ear very easily and I think Nik has that gift as well. Too bad he also has Daddy's rhythm when it comes to dancing! :LOL

I'm so excited to learn along with my little guys and am blessed to have a great support "built-in". I have 3 cousins who homeschool. Two of them live about 5 miles away from us and have children Nik's age (plus older and younger kids as well.) For now I'm reading books and the boards to satisfy my passion. We are certainly more likely to be eclectic child-led learners than classical and are very interested in (but terrified by) unschooling. So don't be surprised if I pop up now and then. I look forward to learning from you all!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-14-2005, 04:05 AM

Hey, I know you! Hello!

Homeschooling Momma to DD 8 years old, DS 7 years old, DS born 03/11 by adoptionheart-1.gif , waiting for DD born 07/10 and two furry labs. Wife to my wonderful husband of 12 years.
#3 of 4 Old 10-16-2005, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Kureen! How is life with two treating you? Things are crazy in a wonderful way around here. Nik's birthday party was yesterday and he got so much junk I don't know what to do with it all! Plus everyone opened all of the toys, ripping the boxes in the process, so they can't be returned. *bleck* I hate it when people ask for suggestions and then ignore what you tell them and buy what they want to anyway. Only my mom listened and bought things we are really glad to have. My MIL went nuts and bought a ton of Blue's Clues stuff which I am not so thrilled with, but she did also get him the M&D music set and he is banging on the tambourine with the maracas as I type! :LOL He also got a guitar from Marc and me and a harmonica and some wrist bells from my parents. He is having a blast with all of his instruments and ignoring the others.

How is Aiden? Is she gaining weight now that Isaac is here? I know that's been a point of stress for you. I'm loving tandeming most of the time, but there are moments when I just want to scream and have one straight hour where nobody is touching my breasts. I'm pretty sure that Nik is going to still be nursing when he's 3 but I hope he cuts down a bit soon. I'm nursing him as often as I'm nursing Nathaniel and it's exhausting. I eat all of the time and I'm still losing weight. I can afford to lose, but if I remember correcty you're already thin, right? How are you managing to not lose too much? My supply is plentiful, but I worry that I'm not getting enough to be nursing both of them and keep me healthy.

This reply has been so off topic! :LOL Are you gathering info to homeschool, too?

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#4 of 4 Old 10-16-2005, 01:02 PM

Hi Jessica! Welcome to the board

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page