Mothering Forum banner

What are all the unschoolers doing today?

1K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  FreeSpiritMama 
#1 ·
Inspired by the Classical moms thread and the Kindergarten thread (hats off to both threads!
).

I had a lot of dental work done yesterday and am still feeling sore and a bit off. Definitely not an inspired mama day
I just realized how cool it is that, despite this, my kids are *not* bored, *are* occupying themselves and *aren't* asking me what to do every five minutes. How cool
I definitely think this has to do with our lifestyle. They're used to doing their own thing anyway so having a day or two where they *have* to do their own thing isn't a problem (not saying it would be ok if mom conked out for good, but every now and then isn't a problem for them yk?).

Bridget (7) spent at least an hour going over a Highlights Top Secret Adventure puzzle book this morning. Someone gave her the puzzle book recently but we didn't realize til she started on it that you're supposed to have a guide book and thief cards to go with it (I think they found it in a thrift store or something?). Even so, she still enjoyed the puzzles and did most of them. Right now she's on google looking up some answers that we're supposed to find in the guide book (the one we don't have - is everyone following this? :LOL). I'm giving occasional help. She's looking up the height of Mount Fuji right now.

Earlier she was playing her I Spy computer game she got for her birthday last week.

Owen (3) is playing Spy Fox with occasional help from his sister. Earlier he was playing with his duplo blocks for a loooooooooong time.

We had a middle of the day excursion to Whole Foods to get vaguely healthy junk food. Mama needed a lift
: There was a little adventure there when Owen's green monkey Lime (formerly known as Slime) was lost in the store. Luckily we found him with the help of a nice employee and we went home happy.

We have a fairy tea party to go to tomorrow so yesterday Bridget picked out her outfit. She was wearing it for awhile today. A white ballerina outfit (looks sort of like a wedding dress) with tons of tulle, a purple head band, purple flowered boots, purple tea gloves and fairy wings to top it all off. She looks very seven
Owen, of course, is in his undies.

Oh, and this was yesterday, but Owen wrote his name
Ok, so he wrote MEOW (he wrote the letters OWEN but didn't pay attention to what went where). His E looks just like Bridget wrote an E at that age and his B looks just like hers too. It makes me wonder if it's a common thing among kids beginning to write? His E is a line with a whole bunch of little lines going out from it. His B is a line with two circles intersecting it. Verrrrrrrrrrrry interesting!

And now I need to log off and attempt to start dinner (thank goodness we've started trying to do the freeze ahead thing!). Bridget is on her blog and Owen is *still* on Spy Fox (which is way too hard for him but he's having fun just clicking random things so whatever :LOL)

See less See more
#2 ·
WTG, Owen!! That is so cool! When mine started writing his name (Ben), it looked like you describe: 2 circles with a line piercing them, an E with several long lines protruding. Over time, it evolved. The line in the 'B' shifted toward the left, the E only had three horizontal lines but they were so long... And he still writes his name backwards on occasion. HTH!

I'll post my update later. nak. I need to finish making supper once this nursling is done.

#3 ·
Zac the almost 9 year old had me reading Civil WAr books to him until I was HOARSE, LUke the 4 y/o had me playing the parts of speech game with him in his Leap Pad incredibles, then after lunch, we went to a library class...and learned about Author, Illustrator, Title page, Publisher, Verso Page, Fiction, Non-fiction, made a Glyph and now they are playing together in one of the room!!! Wow, that looks like a goo dday on paper, better put it down in the log!!!

#4 ·
I am on the computer (clearly
) off and on. I leave it and go do something else and come back. We are at home today after a busy day yesterday. Dd is listening/watching Mtv and reading her Series of Unfortunate Events book. Ds is taking a shower and getting ready to go check out a paper route that is open to see if he wants to take it. He doesn't have guitar lessons tonight because his instructor is out of town.

#5 ·
Very cool that Owen is writing! My kids did the "E" with many lines sticking out too!

Today was not too busy, which explains why I'm at mdc :LOL ...dd and ds2 and I played Monopoly, then we went to dd's ice skating lesson and ds2 and I skated during the open skate. Ds1 stayed home and worked on plans to build a trebuchet--the actual construction starts tomorrow with a friend. He also watched a movie about Ancient Rome and began designing a water balloon launcher. He's reading...hmmm...I forget what book he's reading right now. After skating, we came home for lunch and then the older two did their paper routes and put out bills for their customers. Dd took the dog for a walk, and then worked on hand-training her bird, with her little brother's "help."
She did some cooking, and reading. Ds2 and I played another game of Monopoly, we did some laundry and dishes. The older two did some corresponding online, we discussed a bit of the news--there will be more of that later when ds2 is asleep. Ds1 worked on training the dog a bit this afternoon. (He knows, "wait" "roll over" "lay down" and "come." fwiw.) In a few, I'll read to ds2, the older two will probably do some more reading, if "Mythbusters" is on, I'm sure they'll watch that.

#6 ·
The kids just got back from a vacation with their dad last night so they stayed with him for the night since he had to bring them to homeschool Swim & Gym at the Y this afternoon (they did climbing and kickball today).

I met them at Nan's dance at 3:30 after the swim and gym and she did her tap class. Hollis was getting bored so he walked home (1/4 mile) and spent some time by himself playing with an old Rummikub game he brought back from Iowa. Nan and I returned home a short while later and the kids asked for mac and cheese and cereal (the new Kashi organic cinnamon harvest
) for a snack. Nan also had a yogurt.

After they ate we went to the library next door for a few minutes to return some books. Nan picked out Lemony Snicket #3 (we've read the first two together). Now the kids are just playing together. Later if Hollis wants to we'll do math or something, but he's probably too tired after their trip. From 8-11PM we'll watch TV and clean and play.

Here's a pic of Nan from five minutes ago :LOL http://www.ghosts.org/annika/2005/nan-tap.jpg

#7 ·
We babysat my sister's babe in the morning. After that, we had some hsing friends over for lunch, went with them to the library and hung out by the creek near the library. We brought a cousin home to play (also hsing & same as age as my youngest). I've been on and off on the computer, made dinner, did some knitting, read a bunch of stories to my sister's babe and my dds, and edited some of my dd's novel at her request. I picked up Barbara Coloruso's bully book at the library, and started that this afternoon. I also went early to pick up my oldest son so i could watch part of the play he's working on.

My 13 yr old stayed home, walked the dogs, fed her neopets, worked on her novel, and had a friend over --after the friend came home from school. She also drew some comic stuff for her strip.

Right now all of my kids are having an Ultimate Fooseball Tournament and I'm back on MDC.

ETA-- i also caught about 10 hilarious minutes of Malcolm In The Middle. I want more. lol

#8 ·
What lovely days...

Today is our Day of Many Paper Routes. Rain and I do 4 alternate delivery routes on Wednesdays - we deliver the food ads and the Neighborhood News to people who don't subscribe the the daily paper. We deliver a total of 362 papers.

We're both not feeling well, with a scratchy throat and some cold symptoms, so I set the alarm for 8 but didn't roll out of bed until 45 minutes later, and we didn't get down to the newspaper place until 10. We can pick up papers any time before 11 and deliver any time before dark, so it was okay. We rolled there - we take one ads, top it with the Neighborhood News, roll it, and bag it. Today our 4 routes had three different supplements (different groups of ads), so we used three different colored bags to keep them straight. They have tables set up there so you can roll there, and we talked to some other carriers and the two old guys who work there.

Then we did the first two routes. These are the more walkable routes, in neighborhoods where most people don't get the paper so we deliver to about half of the houses on most streets. On the other two routes, almost everyone does get the paper, so even though there are fewer papers it's a larger area. Each route takes about an hour, and rolling takes about an hour (it seems like it would be faster but we talk some, too), and then driving takes another half hour...

We make $80 a week, and split it. Rain is saving up for her dream trip to New York in March, with her dance school, where they'll get to see three Broadway shows (each with a castmember who took dance at her studio) and dance and just have fun. We haven't really worked it out in detail, except that she's going to contribute towards it. The trip is $1200 for airfare, lodging, and shows, plus she'll need to pay for food, cabs, and whatever else they do. It's going to last 5 days, and they've estimated that she'll need about $100 a day.

Anyway, it started raining at the end of route #2, but we usually take a break between them anyway. We saw a church rummage sale on the way home and stopped it; Rain got a funky backpack and necklace, and I got a coffee grinder (in case mine breaks, nice to have a spare), two travel coffee cups (I left mine somewhere last week), a stuffed toy for our dog, some bath beads, and a canvas bag for groceries (I'm slowly acquiring a collection). All for $6.

We took a lunch/computer break then did the next two routes. It was raining more but neither of us mind the rain, as long as it's not too cold. Now we're home, and I'm on the computer and Rain is watching That Seventies Show and eating tomato soup, and someone needs to take the dogs out. Tonight Rain is going to a teen coffee night thing with some local secular homeschoolers - she's never been to this event before but knows some of the kids. I'll probably hang out for a couple of hours, because it's a good 20-30 minutes away and gas is still expensive. I need to come up with a new knitting project to bring, maybe. I want to make a little short-sleeved sweater for me out of this great tweedy green yarn I got.

Dar

#9 ·
We went to our homeschool's park day, from noon until about 4:30. Now my kids are watching "The Nightmare before Christmas" and they are also drawing. I'm sitting my butt here in front of the computer. Dh is watching somthing on Animal Planet.

#10 ·
It's been a blah catch-up day, as in catching up on cleaning house after lots of outings this week. Yesterday, we did the zoo and played outside for a long time. Today, the house was such a wreck that I'm embarrassed to say that we didn't even leave the house!

In the morning, the boys (4yrs and almost 2yrs) did art. Ds2 repeatedly tried to trace his hand and very proudly announced, "hand! hand!". While I was cleaning, they did a lot of odd imaginary scenarios with each other. Sometimes, I see them quickly run by with an armful of random stuff and I just don't even ask questions. :LOL I know that, at one point, ds1 was directing a bus trip on the playstand, but I'm unsure of the destination. It involved pushing ds2 through the house in a laundry basket for some part of it. While I vacuumed, ds1 made a massive railroad track out of the entire box of Duplos, while ds2 used the Duplo train and said, "Wooo...wooo!!".

I read chapter 1 of the Magic Treehouse book about pirates (#4). I had to stop at that point, because ds2 got bored and started deliberately distracting us. Ds1 got upset that I wouldn't read the whole book, although it was impossible to do so at that point. He said he wanted me to teach him how to read the book. When I said I could teach him how to read if he wanted, he replied that he only wanted me to teach him how to read that specific book right now so that he could read the whole book right now.

Later, they had secured Buster the babydoll (named after poor Buster from Mythbusters) with a rubber catepillar track from a Meccano set and they were force-feeding him imaginary juice. Apparently, Buster was sick and so they hovered over him and attempted to nurse him back to health. When I biked upstairs before bath-time, they ran by me and hopped into the Thomas the Tank Engine bed. Ds2 tapped the funnel and said, "steam! Wooo...wooo!!!" and ds1 declared that it was actually an ambulance for Buster.

After baths, we ate lunch and then ds2 took his nap. While he napped, I read the rest of the Magic Treehouse book to ds1. Ds1 felt that Cap'n Bones just needed to be happy, that it was his fundamental problem and if perhaps Polly the Parrot would befriend him, he'd cheer up and be nice. At end, when Jack says that he doesn't need the pirate treasure, because he has treasure at home, ds1 said that Jack's treasure is the book collection; I thought that was a pretty cool thought.

The kids watched TV while I prepared supper, a bit too much TV for my comfort level, but it saved my sanity and gave me time to catch my breath. Right before supper, we thanked God for making the molecules in our food. Ds1 very sincerely thanked God for making the molecules in his underwear. He said, "Am I sitting on molecules? Is my shirt made of molecules? Am I wearing molecules?". Right after supper, I ran out for a quickie massage on my injured knee, while the kids dragged dh off to the computer to either watch vacation videos or do Google Earth.

When I came home, ds1 had declared that dh was sick and he had made him lay down on the couch. Apparently, ds2 was designated the doctor, but he simply was jumping up and down on dh, while ds1 the patient was illegally practicing medicine by giving dh injections. Ds1 wanted to know where his heart was, so I showed him how to feel for it. Then, he said he wanted to feel his blood vessels, so I showed him how to feel for his pulse.

We somehow got everyone upstairs, where we read the obligatory bedtime books. Ds1 went to sleep easily as usual and ds2 fought sleep as usual. I'm just getting downstairs now. Phew!

#11 ·
What a fun thread this is turning out to be

Robert came home. Bridget had a tantrum for no apparent reason but we got past it ok. Somehow the kids decided they wanted to do science experiments. I missed the beginning because I was walking the dog but came home to them with the home made science kit out and making a mess in the kitchen sink. I gave positive reinforcement to dh for not freaking about the mess :)LOL - really, messy things are my territory because they bug him but he managed to not get annoyed).

Owen (typically) went for the baking soda and vinegar. Bridget decided to go with corn starch this time. Then they started mixing it up and adding all sorts of ingredients. Feeling brave, I left them and went to the basement to watch dh workout
I hung out with him, alone, just talking for about 10 minutes. Nice
I decided to go back up before he was done so I could make some headway before he saw. I want to keep the man's blood pressure down after all. Yeah, it was a horror show :LOL

Science experiment clean up took 1/2 an hour. I asked Bridget to help wipe down Owen and that turned into him screaming and laughing and running around the house with her chasing him with a wet cloth, while I was on hands and knees wiping corn starch goo off the floor and yelling "Don't run in the kitchen, you'll fall!" every time someone came through. They acknowledged me by slowing down an infinitesimal amount every time they hit the kitchen, but no one fell so whatever :LOL

Then I found out why you don't put a bottle of wet vinegar on top of a bamboo cutting board you just got for your birthday
But thankfully I am married to a woodworker so after a few minutes in the shop with an orbital sander it's good as new

Robert needed to do his back exercises which involve being on the floor. To distract the kids from jumping on him I ended up on the couch reading Calvin and Hobbes. At one point, Bridget said she felt bad for Calvin and was happy that *we* don't treat her and Owen that way. Awwwww
Though I did have to point out that I was happy that she and Owen didn't act the way Calvin did either (especially after the strip where he jumps off the roof with a blanket for a parachute!)

Now Owen has happily nursed to sleep on my lap, Robert is asleep and Bridget is playing I Spy again. It's Owen's I Spy Junior and there's a place you can make your own I Spy scenes (I think that's what she's doing at least).

#12 ·
We made granola and chocolate cupcakes.
Watched thousands of blackbirds take over the neighborhood.....creepy!
Sydney played on the computer for a bit and then spent most of the day drawing pictures of scenes from the movie Robots. She said she was going to have a Halloween party today, but moved on to the drawings instead.
She also set up a stage in her room for her dinosaurs.

Bella is teething, so I spent much of my day consoling her.

We skipped our unschooling playgroup today because it started at 9am instead of the usual 11am and neither one of us wanted to get up that early.

We did more, but Bella just woke up. Gotta go!

#13 ·
Hey, good idea!

Today the kids watched a couple of movies, first Swiss Family Robinson then Shrek. I did household stuff and wrote about our dead mouse with parasite (see blog.) Then we went to our homeschooling gathering, we did it indoors for the first time this season, and we have a new space, there's a gym and a rec room and big comfy sofas. Also a piano. So that's cool. Even cooler is that our group (relaxed homeschoolers and unschoolers) is growing -- 17 families came, a lot of new people and a lot of our old friends. So that was fun. Then back home, made dinner (chicken enchiladas, broccoli, and chocolate chip cookies), and the boys played some video games. Today was really just a play, socialize, and feast day. Very nice.

#14 ·
Today was a crappy day all around but proved to me how kids can learn so much even on the bad days. My dd is sick, so I've been focusing on her. The boys have been keeping themselves pretty well occupied, but more TV today than usual. We took my dd to the doc and b/c we had to drive out to the country (where his practice is a couple days a week), we got to see lots of horses (my 7 year old ds LOVES horses right now). We found a place that offers pony rides pretty reasonably priced.
At the doctors office the boys asked lots of questions and b/c our doc is so cool
he answered all their questions and let them know that math and science are important to know if you want to be a doctor (which both boys have decided they want to be...for today anyway).
My 7 year old has been very concerned about a piece of thorn that is embedded in my finger so he asked the doctor what to do about that. He was told to soak my finger in soapy water and then massage the thorn out gently. So, that'll be a science experiment tomorrow :LOL

eta...on a side note...out of the blue the doctor asked me if we are homeschooling. I said "yes" and he said "I knew it, you can tell" so asked him if that is a good thing or a bad thing. He told me it's definately good! I wish I could have talked more with him about it, but we were interrupted. That made my day!

#16 ·
Yeah, this is fun to read. Had a mellow day today. One unschooled family is moving to Olympia, Washington so we had a get together to say goodbye.
Boo hoo as she is such a great mom and person and her kids are so lovely. And it's not like we have a lot of unschoolers in these parts so that makes it pretty darn sad.

Anyway, the drive over was so beautiful with the mountains dusted with our first snow of the year. So good to see all the kids playing and being with good mama energy. We talked about the unschooling conference coming to our neck of the woods next year, we fretted about the hurricane towards Florida, (We all know someone there right?) we watch the dynamics of the kids together and we laughed a lot.

We hit the only thrift shop and got some good scores, than back on home. We had hardly any food in the house so we got creative with dinner. New Zealand green muscles with garlic butter over rice and a salad. It was kind of bland but not bad. Daddy came home with loads of groceries and it felt like Christmas.

Dad read the kids Tin Tin (European comics) and sent the kids off to bed because we had a date night. Movie and a good glass of wine. They stayed up and read in their room. It was a good day.

#17 ·
Wednesday (it is Thursday as I write) we were going to have a stay at home day as we seem to always be going to some meet up/park trip. Anway, I told the kids we were staying in. My 6 and 3 yr olds were happy and set to playing on neopets - they are soooo good on the games and choose to play hard ones then sit focussing on them! DD 12 was not so happy. She has just reached the age where she seems incapable of thinking of things to do. If I suggest stuff she gets cross and says no anyway! She had dressed up all cool with her new i-pod and pink trilby hat and HAD TO go out. We called some friends and asked if we could pop round after lunch.
My dd 9 had an appointment at the doctors first thing then the whole family went to the homeopath where she had an appointment too. Dc 6 and 3 sat playing with the box of toys I had brought and we were there an hour. Next we went shopping at a local wholefood store for neccesities such as vine leaves and olives
then home for lunch. Older dd's watched a dvd while the younger two grabbed the computer!
After lunch we headed to my friend's house. DD 9 and dd 6 dressed up as Red Indians and made a house. Ds dressed as a magician and was also playing. All the children did some painting and watched a friend perform magic tricks.
On coming home the paints were got out and the two youngest sat doing splodge/straw paintings.
After dinner I read a new book for the girls which they listened too in between talking to each other. Then they played ponies!
I'm sure a lot more was done in that day that I wasn't aware off but sometimes it's nice not to know and see everything!!!

#18 ·
Sophia slept til nearly 10 this morning! We slowly got dressed and ready to go out. My husband is semi-retired and he didn't have a lot of work to do so he decided to go out to lunch with us. Afterwards, we went to a toy store in one of the malls to get more Pokemon cards. I went to this particular store last week and noticed they had many decks that other stores did not carry. My husband found two jigsaw puzzles he liked as well.

Then we went to the grocery store in the mall because it was convenient and because they have live fish in tanks that S likes to look at. We also saw a huge mackeral on display in ice. We did our shopping, took a cab home and put away the groceries. It's overcast and cold here so we are all in our "stay at home" mode.

Right now, we are all three on our computers. We have two desks put together and all of us have our computers side by side
I'm here (obviously), S is playing on starfall.com (got tired of a frustrating Pokemon website that keeps changing format), and my husband is hanging out at ifilm.com.

Later, I plan to clean off the table and play the Pokemon card game so S can test out her new deck. We'll have dinner, maybe watch a movie, play Pokemon while my husband starts one of the new jigsaw puzzles. Then it's time for books and bed for S or maybe a snuggle in our bed watching the rest of the Life on Earth series (David Attenborough is a big hero in our home!). Such an exciting life, huh? LOL We like a quiet life.

#19 ·
What a great thread!

Yesterday we stayed in bed for an extra hour while I read to the girls. Then we just did our usual stuff. Ate breakfast, did laundry, picked up some. The girls enjoyed watching "Cinderella" which they gave me for my birthday. (Though they are the ones who keep watching it!) We also finally made the sock puppets that I've been promising them for a couple weeks.

We checked on the garden and the new plants that I just put in the back yard. They enjoyed the new cover I put on the TeePee that we built out back. They also drew me some pictures while I sat outside reading the Little House Cookbook. (for the few minutes of quiet that I had all day!)

My 4yo is turning 5 tomorrow! I'm not ready to have a 5yo!!! But what choice to I have?
So I made her birthday cake and some of the food for her birthday.

#20 ·
  • Dd woke up talking about tadpoles then fed her cat and played with him and talked about what "ears back" on a cat mean.
  • Playmate (from babysitting co-op) here for 3 hours: they are dancing, playing baby, cutting out ghosts and berries they've drawn, looking at books...
  • then we'll have lunch sort of again as they already ate quesadias (sp?)
  • After that a playdate at another friend's house, an unschooler.
  • Relax and make dinner and then maybe library time with Papa.

#21 ·
"We talked about the unschooling conference coming to our neck of the woods next year"

Oh, I am hoping to make that!

This morning we woke up to no power, which was really very nice. We cuddled up on the sofa and read books (Edward's Overwhelming Overnight -- I love Rosemary Wells, well except for the "rah-rah school" books :LOL -- and Goodnight Gorilla.) Then I dozed on the couch (didn't sleep well last night for some reason) as the baby puttered around the living room and the other kids played outside -- strangely balmy weather for October. They were especially having fun climbing on and jumping off the roof of the plastic playhouse the grandparents picked up last week at a garage sale. When I got up I opened all the windows and played some piano (a song I'm enamored of right now is Leon Dallin's "Lyric Interlude".)

Later we drove into town in search of a faucet (ours broke yesterday.) We went to a plumbing and lighting store first but I didn't see anything I liked so we stopped at Habitat for Humanity next. Their power was out too, and as soon as we stepped in the door the woman at the counter said, "Oh, our power is out! It's too dark for children to be in here! Tell me what you're looking for and I'll get it so your lovely children don't get hurt!"
(There was plenty of light from the windows, I got the feeling that it just made her nervous to have kids in the store. Sigh.)

Next we stopped at the Goodwill and got a great alien costume (not for Halloween though, the boys are both going to be Jedi Knights and Willow is going to be a flower fairy,) some Winnie the Pooh figurines, an UNO deck, a Digimon board game, and a big bag of K'nex. Right now Willow is playing with the figurines, Noah is looking over the Digimon rules, Jake is playing Puzzle Pirates on the internet, and the baby is sleeping on my shoulder as I type.

#22 ·
Bridget likes Tin Tin too! She's getting one for Christmas - shhhhhhhhhhh!

We went to the fairy tea party today and had a lovely time
The mom is really sweet and cool. She had her one year old in a sling nursing him as we spoke and we discussed tandem nursing. Bridget enjoyed herself immensely! Owen not so much. I think the little girl his age scared him. When we left he told me the girl was fighting Bridget and I had to explain it was play fighting and they were having fun. I'm not sure if he got it.

Now Bridget is zoning out on Zoo Tycoon and Owen is playing Putt Putt

#23 ·
Dh didn't have to go to work until late this afternoon so we ran around a bit until then. We went to the store, Lazerquick to print off some copies, Goodwill (where I scored a huge bag of yarn for $4.99!), and the Social Security office where we checked out a poster with a bunch of different languages on it. Some of them were so neat. Then we went out for a nice lunch before coming home so Dh could get ready for work.

On the way home I drove! Whoo hoo. (Kind of new thing for me. I just got my permit the other day lol) Now we just finished having some friends over.

#24 ·
I was handed a Gideon's Bible once. In the front (or back? can't remember) it has one passage translated into a whole bunch of languages. SO cool to look at and compare to the English! I still have it around here somewhere (uh, I wrote that because of what Unschoolma said :LOL)

Owen did playdough with dh tonight. It's funny how we get into roles here. I'm just not into playdough. I don't know why. I mean, I see how it can be fun, I enjoy it when I do it, but I just don't really have the urge to do it often. Dh will happily sit and play with the stuff. So that's his job :LOL They did that, Bridget played her zoo tycoon and I went on a freecyle quest to get some pants for Robert.

Came home and Owen was begging Robert to "do science". Got them set up with baking soda and vinegar and by the time I came home from walking the dog, Owen and Bridget had abandoned the volcanos and were wildly dancing to Hot Chocolate from the Polar Express soundtrack. They had me repeat the song again and again and again. I lost track of how many repeats
. Bridget suggested we burn a CD with just that song on it so I'll ask Robert to do it tomorrow (or maybe I can figure out how to).

Robert read the kids some stories after his workout and then he headed off to bed. The kids played make believe in the backroom for awhile and finally, round 10:30, I got teeth brushed and Owen nursed down. It's about midnight now. Bridget is still reading Calvin and Hobbes and just asked me what surreal means :LOL

We should really get to bed, huh?

#26 ·
Yup, we have two in the area actually. They sell used furniture and building supplies.

Unschoolnma, it sounds like we were at the Goodwill around the same time! Wouldn't it be funny if we passed each other and didn't even realize it? (We were mostly in the Halloween and toy sections today.
)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.