QUOTE]

well, it is kind of like this:

- went to see my surgeon
- saw the foot guy
- ordered orthotics
- need to call insurance company tomorrow
- feeling tired
- max is asleep

i am sure i can have a chapter like this, but not more, eh?

i wrote a 1 300 word chapter, which again i am not sure where to fit it is about my main character's childhood, and i am not sure where it is going.

then i wrote half of of chapter 7, the one that comes after 6 i would write more, but i am exhausted, we had such a long day today (see point form above).

better join Max in bed, and hope that Ada will follow.

so exciting to see others writing too!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 155 Old 11-03-2005, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I just got off the phone with my best friend and she had a great idea based sort of on our lives together and our relationship and a dream she had and, well, it isn't exactly autobiographical and it certainly won't likely fall into the genre I was intending to head for but it could be really good. Only nobody in my family will be able to read it. But it could be really good and lots of fun to write. Better get out a fan first though....
#63 of 155 Old 11-03-2005, 06:27 PM

Um, did I just say all that out loud?
#64 of 155 Old 11-03-2005, 10:46 PM

ugh i haven't done any writing today

i have half an 'extra' chapter from yesterday, about 800 words, but that's it.
i need motivation. i am too tired to write now. max is already asleep, but ada is awake, and by the time she is done, i might be half asleep myself.

how is everybody else doing?
#65 of 155 Old 11-03-2005, 10:54 PM

I haven't done any writing yet today, with emphasis on the "yet" but I have been doing lots of thinking and planning in my head and trying to decide which elements of my real life to incorporate, which to embellish on, which to make up, etc. I am also supposed to be writing a children's book right now though--kinda for my best friend's son, but hopefully to be published--so she scolded me for starting on another project before I finish the one I promised her before. I am going to try and write later after the kids and dh go to sleep--I have plenty of time then. Hopefully by tomorrow AM, I'll have some progress to report! Gotta go cook dinner now....
#66 of 155 Old 11-03-2005, 11:01 PM

okay, so i felt bad, and squizzed 150 words out of myself.

time to play snakes and ladders.
#67 of 155 Old 11-03-2005, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana
okay, so i felt bad, and squizzed 150 words out of myself.

time to play snakes and ladders.
oh wait! What am I doing on my computer? I am supposed to be cooking dinner! ack!
#68 of 155 Old 11-04-2005, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

13moons are you getting racy on us?

I hung out with Joan and her dd today (and some other moms not on this board including my lurker friend ) and had fun chatting about our ideas about NaNoWriMo and writing in general

Anyway, not much to say right now. Between the dental work (not bad at all and I'm not the least bit sore!) and the knitting circle/playdate (much fun!) and the evening out with my dh sans kids (whoo hoo!) I didn't get any writing done. I'm trying to make up for it now.

Oh, dh and I did talk shop at dinner though Thankfully he is as big a geek as I am so I bounced ideas off of him for awhile. Stuff I couldn't have really talked about with the kids around.

Because of the dentist I had to drag the kids out of bed at 8:30 this morning so Owen was exhausted and fell asleep early. That means I have some extra time to write I've already done some and am taking a little mental break here for a few minutes.

Oh, and when I complained to my mom about having to get the kids up at the ungodly hour of 8:30 she said that I am definitely suited to the homeschooling lifestyle : You got that straight

Hey, fluff question - what does everyone listen to while writing? For some reason Enya is really doing it for me. I'm a Breaking Benjamin fan lately and the songs really go with the mood of some of my scenes but they aren't really conducive to writing for some reason. Enya is working a lot better, even when I'm writing really intense scenes that you'd think would go with hard rock Must be a brain wave thing.
#69 of 155 Old 11-04-2005, 11:16 AM

Been lurking (Hi Shannon and Joan!) Very intrigued w/this NaNoWriMo and admire you all for givin' it a go!! maybe next year for me. One arm free here, the other arm pins-and-needles, Elliot laden. Have fun, All
#70 of 155 Old 11-04-2005, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't mean to flush you out Kate, I just didn't want you to see me talk about Joan and feel left out, See you in a few hours?

I'm sitting here procrastinating, I think I should just give up for now and get ready for our playdate later and do something productive with the kids before they completely trash the house (how could you tell?). Night time, when I have my alone time, is really the best anyway.
#71 of 155 Old 11-04-2005, 03:02 PM

[QUOTE=ShannonCC] I didn't mean to flush you out Kate, I just didn't want you to see me talk about Joan and feel left out, See you in a few hours?

That's what I figured 'cause you're just that kind of sweet, considerate person See you later...
#72 of 155 Old 11-04-2005, 03:06 PM

I just signed up yesterday. I have no illusions that I'll actually finish, but I have a character, an idea, not much of a plot. I have 360 words.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#73 of 155 Old 11-04-2005, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Awwww, thanks Kate

Quote:
I have a character, an idea, not much of a plot. I have 360 words
Hey, that's great! Don't worry about finishing, I don't think many of us have illusions of that happening The site says out of some 40,000 people last year, 6,000 finished If you have fun and get something out of it that's all that matters.

I'm stuck It's time to meet my #1 Bad Guy now and I'm at a loss. What's he look like, how's he talk? How do they meet? (I mean, I know generally how they meet, but details? Dialogue?). He's evil, smart, strong and slightly mad, which is all the characteristics of most great Bad Guys, How do I make him not come across as incredibly cheesy?

Just talking out loud by the way and no I don't expect anyone to have the answers for me

(and hey - another bonus - my typing speed and accuracy is improving! )
#74 of 155 Old 11-04-2005, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC
13moons are you getting racy on us?
mmm, well, um......maybe. Quite possibly. Yeah. Definitely a maybe....

I do my best (and the most) work at night also. As for music, right now I am stuck on AOL'S 80s Alternative station as general background music but the music I listen to while I write varies depending on whether I want the music to influence my train of thought or not. If I listen to music that I am somehow emotionally tied to--for me ex. would be The Beatles, The Cure, The Smiths, most Irish/Scottish music, etc--I know it is going to affect the flow of the story. Which is good or bad depending on my general mood. (Oops-stole that line from Morrissey. See?) If I want the music to just be there to kind of keep the train moving (because there has to be noise for me to work ) then I have to choose either a radio station because the artist/tone varies or something most likely loud, fast and intense to help me maintain momentum. Truthfully, I have never attempted to actually write a novel before but I have my CD collection nearby as I imagine the music will need to change as the story progresses. Does that make any sense?

Shannon, your bad guy? Is he devastatingly handsome and charming or is he one of those icky I-have-no-idea-why-that-guy-has-any-minions type bad guys? Or maybe he doesn't have minions...maybe he works alone? What's his backstory? Is he human--isn't it a vampire story or am I thinking of someone else? Or is he a vampire or something else entirely?
#75 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 12:28 AM

I started shortly after midnight on day 1 but have only been able to write every other day. I'm currently at 2,292 words. I was really happy with that until I realized how many words I need to be doing per day to make the goal.

I know the point is just to write but I really want to make the goal. I have a hard time of finishing what I start and I really want to finish this....

I like my story somewhat. I wish I had a cooler idea. My plot is fine, I'm just not sure I can pull it off well. I'll just have to keep plugging away.

I wish I could count these words in my word count.

Kylix
#76 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 01:09 AM

i can't believe i did my quota for today -- 1800 words. i haven't re-read, though

i came home from a long day out, had only a vague idea what to write about, and then sat down and wrote it, while dh played with the kids. done.

ah, feels good.

i even updated my word count on their website.

how are the dark guys doing?
#77 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Owen's asleep (on my lap of course - heavy kid too). Bridget is reading. Here I am

Kylix, keep plugging

13Moons thanks for the help That was my first mini-block there but I got it. I mulled your questions over and I went for cute. Not fluffy bunny cute but "wow, that guy is cute!". I didn't want unbelievably hot yk? Very charming by the way (my gal has no clue he's a vampire when they meet). No minions because yeah, he works alone.

So how racy are ya' gettin' there? (oh, wait, child friendly site - dang).

Dar thank you so much for mentioning NaNoWriMo in that thread! I am having so much fun here
#78 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats Anna
#79 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 01:21 AM

shannon -- WTG yourself! we can do it! yes we can!!!

Kylix -- yeah, i started with calculating the daily average required. i honestly can't believe my word count. throughout my school years (bachelor's and master's) i don't think i wrote a single essay longer than 2K
#80 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Cheese alert Ok, romance is hard, Thank goodness I only need a smidgeon before we can get back to the good parts Good thing I've been reading all those Snape/Hermione fan fics lately (inside joke for any Harry Potter thread people here ).

I need to make it believable though and that's proving hard here. Ugh. I wish I could walk around for a minute and stretch my legs but I have this cute lump snoring on my lap

Anna, what's your story about?
#81 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Cheese alert Ok, romance is hard, Thank goodness I only need a smidgeon before we can get back to the good parts Good thing I've been reading all those Snape/Hermione fan fics lately (inside joke for any Harry Potter thread people here )
Don't forget he has to kiss the palm of her hand....
#82 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13moons
I finally read that story the other night! I also told DH that he never did that to me.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#83 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 11:51 AM

Quote:

Anna, what's your story about?
oh. OH. OOOH. mine is serious literary fiction therefore so hard to summarize

the main character is discovering how her identity is intertwined with the identity of her mother, her past life memories, her childhood memories, and possibly (i was told by the nano people not to ever delete) with the parallel life she is living with her husband . if i delete, i would lose more than 2000 words, and it is a big NO NO at nano.

hm. this summary actually helps me to see where i am going. ask me again next week.

anna
#84 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss
I finally read that story the other night! I also told DH that he never did that to me.
which story? it is okay if i feel out of place at NaNo forums -- i think i am the only one there who has not read a new novel in the last 5 years , by what are you doing to me guys? i have no idea what you are talking about! let me in!

#85 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13moons
Uh, already did that

Anna, it's not a NaNo story, it's a Harry Potter fanfic story I got sucked in by the Harry Potter thread (here on MDC). There was a story in which Snape (yes, Snape) kisses the palm of Hermione's hand (uh, it made sense, really it did) and some of us complained about the lack of palm kissing in our lives

And cool about your story! Why do you want to delete the husband thread? You don't like the writing or you don't like the plot? I like the past life thing too

I did go to NaNo forums last night to ask help from the Romance writers. I think I got it. I briefly thought of signing on there regularly (they have a Vampire thread ) but then decided I'd rather chat with MDC moms Besides, I don't need another forum to waste writing time on

We are taking the kids to see Wallace and Gromit today. I'm trying to get ten minutes writing in before we go. On the one hand, I shouldn't be writing on MDC but on the other hand, even when I'm only talking to myself I seem to get something out of posting on this thread
#86 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 06:15 PM

so where is that fanfic story? so much publicity, i wanna read it now!
#87 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

PSA: Wallace and Gromit is not suitable for a sensitive 3 year old. Live and Learn. I'll see the end someday

anna, NOT that you have the time to read this right now but here it is http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/vi...y.php?sid=7032

Anyway, in other news I KNOW HOW SHE KILLS THE BAD GUY!!!! : Driving home from grocery shopping tonight (I mean, how mundane can you get!) it came to me. Actually, driving TO the grocery store I first got some ideas on how to expand the backstory I'm working on right now and make it more believable. It was a great grocery trip all round

Owen fell asleep at 7 o'clock (usually it's 9:30 or later) so I'm a bit nervous he'll wake up at 1, but there's not much I can do about it now. Robert and Bridget are out taking a walk to the corner store and I'm alone and about to get typing. I'm so excited!
#88 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, no one laugh at me too hard, but I'm writing away and suddenly feeling really bad for what I'm doing to my main character. This poor girl has no idea what's going on and I'm just gleefully putting her through the ringer. Poor thing.
#89 of 155 Old 11-05-2005, 11:37 PM

This may be old tip- but I discovered it you write out "Chapter such and such" along with a cheesy chapter title- it gives you five or six more words!

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#90 of 155 Old 11-06-2005, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

Well, a very productive night. I'm up to 12,044 now. I think I should call it a night. I need some sweetness and light, care bears and rainbows, that sort of thing That last scene was a little intense there and I'm feeling just the teensiest bit creeped out right now.

Anyone writing any light hearted humor? Care to share?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page