Homeschooling preschoolers support thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 390 Old 11-17-2005, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man I was so inspired by this thread last week that I ran to library and picked up a copy of "Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons" and "Five in a Row." I was all set to get started and then both of my kids got sick! They are on the mend now so we did do some today. He was not interested in doing a project after reading "Madeline" (the first book I could locate from the FIAR guide). So I still don't know if I should buy it, guess I'll wait. We did do the first lesson from "Teach your child..." and he did pretty well. He's been really into Starfall so later he was playing on the computer and wrote (with only a little help)
"Peg is a pink hen" and "Peg gets in a blue jet" so cool!
And then he wanted to work in his math workbook, which is just some cheesy workbook he wanted from the store but he likes it and its not bad. So I feel like we had a really good homeschooling day! I am pumped and just wanted to share

As far as support, I am pretty lucky too. My family is all here and they are very supportive, my best friend is planning on HS her 2 year old and I was lucky enough to find a local homeschooling group of AP mamas. Hs is pretty common around here I see big groups out and about fairly regularly. I agree that support is so so important. I don't know how I would have survived my 2nd child's infancy without my family, especially my mom. He was /is high needs to a "T". It is still very hard to get one-on-one time with Ezekiel, but it is getting better. We are doing "school" type stuff during Sebastian's rather short nap for now. I'm hoping we can include him somehow when he gets older.

Oooh! We love They Might be Giants! If you do TV their DVD is great. I've been a TMBG fan for years so I was thrilled when they starting doing kids stuff.

Quote:
I think that we are in the beginning stages of another unit study
Would you mind sharing how you go about doing unit studies? I think my ds would do really well with this approach. Do you just check out books? Come up with your own activities?

Alos wondering if anyone else has trouble finding age-appropriate books/activities to follow their children's interests? For example, Ds has been asking a lot of questions about electricity and energy so I tried to find some books about those subjects at the library. Well they are all written on a 5th grade or so level. Too wordy and too detailed. This seems to be a common problem for me. I guess in our public school oriented world a K or 1st grader (his academic level) just isn't supposed to learn about electricty and energy? Or maybe its just my library lol!

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#122 of 390 Old 11-17-2005, 07:22 PM

Hi, can I join? I'm not 100% sure yet if we will HS or send her to PS, but I do know that we won't be doing a Preschool of any kind. I'm hoping to have a preschool co-op the year befor kindy actually starts, but I'm just kind of waiting to see how the issue stands at that time. Right now I've bought some great fun stuff! I got some neat sets from www.thestoryteller.com that teach lots of things. DD really likes the Toy Counter, and even though she is not doing the harder stuff, she likes to try to count the items, and just line them up on the shelves, sort them, ect. She also tells stories on them. It's more like playing than learning. She has learned her letters all by site, just playing w/ letter magnets, and even knows alot of lower case letters, too. I just bought the HWT book to teach her how to form letters w/ the sticks (or in this case, fun foam) since she doesn't have the ability to write yet, but loves letters. I thought she's enjoy it. Most of our activities are just reading books, and then talking about them. I have several preschool sites to print off activities, and we do that. She LOVES crafts, so I try to do those. Right now we are doing Thanksgiving and Christmas activities. I'm planning to actally put together some loose "preschool-ey" type stuff next fall, when DD is 3.5 (like actually learning the letters and sounds they make, number recogition, and good counting, ect.) until then we are just having lots of fund doing fun activities, and learning whatever she can absorb by just asking questions. I found some fun Christmas counting pages at www.kidzone.com or something like that, where you can count how many gifts, stockings, ect. on the page, and then have them color it. That's aabout as school-ey as we get right now

Looking forward to hearing what other mamas are doing, and getting some fun ideas!
#123 of 390 Old 11-17-2005, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean
Alos wondering if anyone else has trouble finding age-appropriate books/activities to follow their children's interests? For example, Ds has been asking a lot of questions about electricity and energy so I tried to find some books about those subjects at the library. Well they are all written on a 5th grade or so level. Too wordy and too detailed. This seems to be a common problem for me. I guess in our public school oriented world a K or 1st grader (his academic level) just isn't supposed to learn about electricty and energy? Or maybe its just my library lol!
I have a similar problem sometimes. BeanBean is completely obsessed with airplanes and aircraft in general. For the most part, I don't concern myself with reading levels, but I have had a hard time finding appropriate books about certain planes. There are many planes which have exclusively military applications, and lots of the books talk about missiles, guns, targets, and other things of a military nature which is just plain horrifying to my caring, sensitive little guy. I've learned to flip through books before I check them out, and to avoid books from series with titles like "Planes of War."

As to electricity-- there are fun books about electricity for younger children out there, you just have to look a heck of a lot harder for them. If the children's librarian can't help you, go ask the reference librarian's desk-- they love looking things up. I've seen many books on electricity that I've considered for BeanBean, but he's just not that interested right now. Lately he's been asking for airplanes, letters, numbers, human reproduction ("Mama, is there a hole at the bottom of your uterus for the baby to come out of? How's he going to get out of there? How will he know when he's big enough?" ), and lots of other fun things. He's also very obsessed with reading. If I read a book to him, he usually asks me to read it through twice more and then he starts reciting the pages by himself. It's absolutely adorable to watch him follow along with his finger as he "reads" to his sister!

We did not crack the official "textbooks" today, but we had a great home education day nonetheless. The kids played games, read books (with me and each other and alone) and watched videos. Before I moved, one of my nieghbors gave me some videos that her son didn't watch anymore. One was called "Marvelous Music" and the tape has the entire program in English and in Spanish. You should have seen the way that their little heads swivelled around when the recognized "Pat-a-cake" in Spanish! They were soooo excited! It was very cool. I've got to get some more multi-language videos, it's just so much fun to watch them with the kids.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#124 of 390 Old 11-18-2005, 06:04 AM

Have you seen these? It's a whole series. We ordered some and are waiting for them to come ...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...books&v=glance

Quote:
For example, Ds has been asking a lot of questions about electricity and energy so I tried to find some books about those subjects at the library.
#125 of 390 Old 11-18-2005, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Would you mind sharing how you go about doing unit studies? I think my ds would do really well with this approach. Do you just check out books? Come up with your own activities?
It usually just starts when the kids express a sustained interest in something. We go to the library and check out as many books as we can about the subject. Lots of times, children's non-fiction books have activities listed in the back or sprinkled throughout. I also just use my imagination. For example, yesterday we were reading a book about the Mojave desert, and it was written in verse form, and on every page it mentioned at least one animal or plant. So I decided that today (or whenever we get to it) we are going to make a list of plants and animals of the Mojave. Then I will find pictures of those on the computer, have my dh print them off, and let the kids paste them either on the list or on a desert background scene (or whever my kids want to past them). I have a couple of sites that I visit regularly to look for activities:

www.enchantedlearning.com

www.atozteacherstuff.com

http://lessonplancentral.com/

http://www.lessonplanspage.com/

so I can usually find some things that way. I also just do google searches for things, like "preschool rainforest activities" or "preschool desert activities." A lot of the non-profit websites (like Rainforest Action Network and National Wildlife Foundation) have activities or curricula listed, too.

Sometimes I sit down and make out a detailed plan for what and when we are going to do. Other times we just go with the flow. We are very relaxed about it, because I am not really trying to "teach" my kids. I'm just looking for fun, interesting ways to be with my kids. I am not much of a "player," and my kids love "activities," so doing unit studies is a good fit for us.

Quote:
Alos wondering if anyone else has trouble finding age-appropriate books/activities to follow their children's interests? For example, Ds has been asking a lot of questions about electricity and energy so I tried to find some books about those subjects at the library. Well they are all written on a 5th grade or so level. Too wordy and too detailed.
I run into this, too. Often I get the books anyway and read them ahead of time so I can paraphrase when I read them to the kids. Also, ask your children's librarian. He/She may be able to help you find more age-appropriate materials.

Namaste!
#126 of 390 Old 11-18-2005, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the links! I love the enchanted learning site.
#127 of 390 Old 11-18-2005, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinSeeds
Have you seen these? It's a whole series. We ordered some and are waiting for them to come ...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...books&v=glance
Wow, that looks like a great book. I love to find authors who aren't afraid to make the leap and express sophisticated concepts in ways that are intelligible to small children.

My dd has only occasionally wanted to check out non-fiction books on a specific topic of interest, so far, and the topics have originated with movies she liked. The books we found were written at a higher reading level, but dd would stop me or skip ahead when she felt like it, and ask a ton of questions. More often, we just do the questions without the book, OR dh and dd tell stories which express information about the topic of interest. (Dd's favorite story at age 3 was about how the earth -- a big huge ball that everyone everywhere lives on -- revolves around the sun and at night we're on the side that's hiding from the sun. There was a roleplay version, too: one person pretends to be the sun, and the other person walks around him while spinning around.) Dd picks out the kernels she likes and rehearses them. For example, re: airplanes, for awhile every time we went outside she would stare up and talk about where the planes were going, make me repeat the process whereby people get into them, and how they take off (why they have wheels, why they have to go really fast)...then for another while she would try to assess whether each plane was taking off or landing, based on the direction and whether it looked like it was ascending or descending. It's funny, looking back, she truly did initiate that inquiry: what happened was that she heard that her grandma was travelling by plane, and when we were walking, she suddenly got her consternation/perplexity look and wanted to know how people could fit into a plane (they look too small). When dh or I don't know the answer to her questions, or when she wants to see pictures, we use the internet. So again, the verbal part is filtered through an adult: "It says here that..."

I notice that for dd, all information is narrative. She learns best from stories, and if information isn't given in that form, she turns it into a story herself as she plays. Are most kids this age like that, or is it a personality thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmamama
We go to the library and check out as many books as we can about the subject.
That's what I did, as a child...and then all of my art and play would reflect my current reading obsession. I guess I was doing self-guided unit studies.

Oye Yemaya oloto
#128 of 390 Old 11-18-2005, 02:03 PM

I wanted to share this free Activity and Exploration Book I came across for using with Cuisenaire Rods. It is designed to be used pre-Miquon.

http://community.netidea.com/mirhughe/homeschool.htm

There is a link about a third of the way down the page and you can download the file and print out the booklet/cards. I plan to start using this with my 3 year old. I think he will really enjoy it.

There are also some other good links on that page.

Hope this helps someone!
#129 of 390 Old 11-18-2005, 02:50 PM

Keep in mind you could go the Museum of Science if you have one anywhere near you.

When you search the net include the word "preschool" to narrow the search.
#130 of 390 Old 11-18-2005, 03:44 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I will try the library again and enlist the help of a librarian this time. I did get one book last time that is meant for older kids and he likes it but I'm just concerned that the concepts are going over his head the way they are presented in it. Pumpkinseeds those books look really cool! Thank you, I just may have to order one. I am also going to hit the teacher supply store and see if they have electricty kits or a scince book with some fun ideas. I guess I will just have to search high and low to find ways to satisfy his interests.

And thanks dharmamama, I really like that approach. I think I like to learn with a unit study approach too (following interests and having leaning occur naturally) so it really appeals to me. Your desert theme sounds so cool!

Mary-Beth we have a decent free science museum downtown and an excellent not-so-free one about an hour away. Thats a good idea thanks

this thread is really turning out to be an excellent resource

Quote:
I notice that for dd, all information is narrative. She learns best from stories, and if information isn't given in that form, she turns it into a story herself as she plays. Are most kids this age like that, or is it a personality thing?
My older son is very visual. He loves stories and music but I can tell that things "click" for him best when he sees it.

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#131 of 390 Old 11-18-2005, 05:56 PM

ooh this is a good thread-- I have a 3 1/2 year old (as well as an 11 year old dd homeschooling) and a 7 mo. baby.
I started a "playgroup" of sorts with other moms of preschoolers who are planning on hs'n and we want to incorporate some cool activities not just playtime. more later baby bf'n
#132 of 390 Old 11-18-2005, 06:59 PM

We just got the BOB books 1 + 2 today and ds loves them. He prefers me to read them to him because he is a perfectionist and doesn't like making mistakes. I have a feeling he can read the first few books on his own already but he won't admit he can yet. Maybe he thinks I won't read to him anymore if he shows me he can read them himself?

I also got "Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons" because ds knows all the letter sounds (has for over a year) and is showing such a great interest in learning to read. He wanted to do the first 3 lessons in one go today. I really like the book. It's very systematic and well laid out, and ds enjoys it, which is the most important thing of course.
#133 of 390 Old 11-21-2005, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_grace
We just got the BOB books 1 + 2 .

Where did you get your BOB Books ?????????
#134 of 390 Old 11-21-2005, 08:23 AM

I got the BOB books from Amazon.
#135 of 390 Old 11-21-2005, 09:19 AM

Quote:
The units I have made have been from finding unit study sites, checking my favorite sites, folowing links, and googling what I'm after. I also use Amazon Books by putting a word in the serch bar and seeing what comes up. Generaly as I find intresting web pages I bookmark them on my favorite menue and put them in a folder. So under my 'unit study' folder I have more folders such as 'Christmas, dinosaurs,frogs etc. When I'm feeling orginized with large folders I do even more folders so inside my Christmas folder I might have other folders marked online games, sheets, crafts etc. Sometimes I put things together in word, especialy if I want to copy and paste something from a site but not save the whole page.

Quote:
Also wondering if anyone else has trouble finding age-appropriate books/activities to follow their children's interests? For example, Ds has been asking a lot of questions about electricity and energy
I just googled 'kids electricity' and came up with this on the first page. http://www.eia.doe.gov/kids/ which looks intresting.
'kindergarden electricity' came up with heaps more. I love Google.
#136 of 390 Old 11-21-2005, 01:08 PM

:
We are going to go get a mouse-catcher today. Finally! I love cats, DP doesn't, dp loves dogs, I DO NOT. But he agreed we need to keep the mice at bay. and I agreed to visit some dog pounds and see if I warm up to anything (yeah right!)

Raye is exploring the world of dolls in earnest lately, which is something I never grew to do as a child. I never had barbies and I was quite the tomboy. I had an American Girl, and a doll that my mother made, but I didn't really "get" into it. So it's kind of wierd for me to be "playing dolls" and sewing doll clothes, etc.

What has everyone been up to with your own kids? I know my dd's passions change daily.. There are some staples, but mostly she is all over the place trying to absorb anything she can How about the rest of you?

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

#137 of 390 Old 11-21-2005, 02:57 PM

Hi,

I haven't read all the replies yet, I can't seem to find time lately to read them all at once. I'll do a quick intro and read through them all tonight when the kdis are asleep.

I am/will be homeschooling my almost-3 year old and my 8 month old. For my preschooler, we use Letter of the Week. We are on "P" -- she has long known her alphabet, phonics, numbers, colors, shapes etc. Going any further right now doesn't feel right quite yet, so we just casually emphasize what she already knows, and explore any topics she finds interesting. We do plan on introducing some kid-friendly physics, chemistry and biology concepts sometime next year.

Anyway, I want to read the thread before posting much else.
#138 of 390 Old 11-21-2005, 07:49 PM

You guys are right about how awesome Starfall is. We were missing a lot not having sound! We got our new computer today ( : ) and DS had a blast playing it. I think it will really help him with learning to read.

Earlier he was playing a game where he had to type his name in and he spelled it right (except he put a g instead of a t). That kind of surprised me since he knows his name by sight but I didn't think he knew the letters.

I have The Reading Lesson on the way (I hope, lol!) through interlibrary loan. They have a ton of things they never used to have that I'd love to use so I can see I'll be using that more unless it's expensive (did it online and didn't say if there was a cost).

We've been doing some math (adding adn subtracting) with an abacus we got at the dollar store. I'm ordering a good one because it's fun to use and very visual. He loves anything to do with counting and numbers and seeing it really makes it click for him.
#139 of 390 Old 11-22-2005, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwylde
You guys are right about how awesome Starfall is. We were missing a lot not having sound! We got our new computer today ( : ) and DS had a blast playing it. I think it will really help him with learning to read.
If he's anything like my dd it will PROPEL him into reading like you won't believe! That site is amazing!

Quote:
I have The Reading Lesson on the way (I hope, lol!) through interlibrary loan. They have a ton of things they never used to have that I'd love to use so I can see I'll be using that more unless it's expensive (did it online and didn't say if there was a cost).
100 Easy Lessons? We didn't find it as helpful as we had hoped. Actually, we did the first 40 lessons, and then we found StarFall. The site was a lot more interesting for Raye and the book became obsolete. But I'm sure it had a part in her learning.

Quote:
We've been doing some math (adding adn subtracting) with an abacus we got at the dollar store. I'm ordering a good one because it's fun to use and very visual. He loves anything to do with counting and numbers and seeing it really makes it click for him.
We use the abacus too! It's a great tool for math at any age

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

#140 of 390 Old 11-22-2005, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lindy really likes the Starfall site, too. I originally showed it to her just because after I told her there were websites for kids, she wanted to see one, and I had seen that one mentioned so often on MDC that I remembered the name. I don't see it as a major factor in helping her learn to read, but she has learned some things from it. (One day she was reciting "Q and U stick like glue" while putting the U refrigerator magnets next to the Qs.)

It's also helped her learn to use the mouse. I've mostly been clicking on everything for her, but I found to my surprise the other day that she can actually move the cursor to the right spot and click on things without help.

I'm teaching her to read mostly just by playing around with refrigerator magnets, or writing words for her, or pointing out words in books. She likes me to write out commands for her to follow, like "hop" or "get on the bed." She pretty much has the hang of sounding out simple words with short vowels, so we've been moving on to some stuff like words with silent e, and blends like "ch" and "sh." She knows the sounds "ee" and "oo" make, thanks partly to her desire to spell "pee" and "poop."

She's also fascinated by volcanoes these days, so we've been reading various library books on volcanoes over and over again.

I occasionally talk about adding and subtracting, and demonstrate with my fingers or some coins or something, and she seems to get the basic idea, but she's much less interested in numbers than in words. (Can't say I blame her; I feel the same way.)
#141 of 390 Old 11-22-2005, 11:51 AM

Quote:
(One day she was reciting "Q and U stick like glue" while putting the U refrigerator magnets next to the Qs.)
This is why it's so helpful. I don't remember having ingenius little mnemonic jingles like this to help me to read when I was a kid. When my daughter first started using the jingles, she would start to read a word (ex. READ), then she would say the jingle if she got stuck ("When two vowels go a-walking, the first one does the talking), and keep the silent vowel (A) silent. Now when she is reading a book, I can tell she is doing the jingle in her head rapidly, but no longer has to sing it aloud. Sometimes she doesn't have to at all, because she fully comprehends a rule. It's fascinating to watch the lightbulbs!

Your daughter isn't even three yet, right? I'm sure in a couple months it will may more productive to the actual reading. There's a point where something clicks and they really start getting the reading thing, not just memorizing mnemonics. You know, as in the difference between being able to sing the ABCs (from memory) and being able to put something in alphabetical order through understanding, which usually comes after. That "stick like glue" jingle will really come in handy when that day comes....

#142 of 390 Old 11-22-2005, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I'm teaching her to read mostly just by playing around with refrigerator magnets, or writing words for her, or pointing out words in books.
thats what we've been doing here and it's working wonders. She is actually picking up a book now and reading it. She'll point to each word and say it, if she doesn't know it she tries to sound it out or just mumbles. I'm like all excited she's doing this, she just loves books so much. We also have a chalkboard that we've been writing out words for her since we were using up so much paper! I can't seem to keep up with her lately
#143 of 390 Old 11-22-2005, 02:34 PM

Starfall has sound??!?! Argh, we need a new computer... and I need to see if the ILs have speakers around anywhere.

#144 of 390 Old 11-22-2005, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
Starfall has sound??!?! Argh, we need a new computer... and I need to see if the ILs have speakers around anywhere.
Yup. Ds loves that sight and he really loves the studydog I downloaded.

I just got my hands on a copy of Ordinary Parents guide to teaching reading (I think I just butchered that title, by Jessie Wise) just by thumbing through it I'm actually thinking about buying it.

Also I don't how any of you might be at your local library but I have found all of the BOB books at my local library (and in good condition).

I think I am going to spend the weekend coming up going through and emptying out the stuff we aren't using or havent had much luck with (*cough* 100 EZ lessons being the first to go).
#145 of 390 Old 11-22-2005, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks for raving about Starfall. We had tried it a few months ago, but I only went to the ABC level because I thought we should start at the beginning, so to speak, and ds didn't like it at all. He was bored.

So today, after reading all your raves, I decided to check it out again, and we've been doing all the games, reading stories, watching movies etc. -- and ds LOVES it! You know how they ask the kids at the end of each activity to rate it? Ds rated every singly one a -- . So cute!

Then he saw the dragons in the Chinese fables link and wanted me to read the fables to him, so we've been doing that for the past hour, lol.

GREAT site!
#146 of 390 Old 11-22-2005, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_grace
Then he saw the dragons in the Chinese fables link
???

Where did you find that?

Namaste!
#147 of 390 Old 11-22-2005, 04:06 PM

#148 of 390 Old 11-22-2005, 06:29 PM

Wow, thanks for that link for the chinese fables. I love stuff like that . I can't get DS off the new computer he's having so much fun. I got our wireless thing connected so we have internet on both computers now

THe reading lesson is a different book from the 100 easy lessons http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/091...books&v=glance . It has 20 lessons in it, but you take your time with the lessons, probably going at your child's pace. It has a lot of good reviews. I think DS will make a lot of reading progress in the near future. He's starting to run his finger over words he knows and is sounding them out. He knows a lot of sight words so it's just a matter of connecting the fact that all words are made up of sounds made by the letters and their placement.
#149 of 390 Old 11-22-2005, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Wow, thanks for that link for the chinese fables. I love stuff like that . I can't get DS off the new computer he's having so much fun. I got our wireless thing connected so we have internet on both computers now
Ds loves all the stories on Starfall. He'd be on there all day if I let him. We've read every single Chinese fable and Greek myth together today. Phew!
#150 of 390 Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 PM

I printed out a few pages from The Reading Lesson's website a while back. BeanBean got a real kick out of them, but I haven't been able to find the book at the library so..

We have The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading. I like the strictly phonetic approach, and I think it's a good thing to introduce phonics explicitly to BeanBean in particular, because he is very much a whole-word reader. I'm hoping that by allowing and encouraging him to read in a way that is natural to him (by looking at whole words) while simultaneously introducing explicit phonics to BeanBean, I can allow him to develop a natural love of reading without the drawbacks that I percieve to a strictly whole-word/language approach. Will it work? Who the heck knows? There will be no way for me to find out until he's reading fluently.

BeanBean absolutely *adores* memorizing little poems and things... I've been looking for more things to add to his little repertoire. What a cutie! And, of course, we continue to be obsessed with airplanes. He's also become very interested in human reproduction, and was thrilled to pieces when I brought home "a uterus book!" from the library. I'm trying to think of ways to incorporate more manipulative use into the Singapore math program, while I try to come up with some money to buy the workbooks that go with the first year (Primary Math 1A & 1B). I've also been debating about adding a writing program, but I have to try to figure out whether I want to do it to help BeanBean (who does have an easier time solidifying concepts in his mind if he can do something with his hands) or to keep him "ahead" of his sister, who is already showing more interest in writing than BeanBean ever has. Once I've thoroughly examined my motives, I'll make the decision.

Splendid-- You're so lucky! My library doesn't have the Bob Books. They might be in the county's system, though.. I may scan for them tomorrow.

Does anyone else have any phonics-based books to recommend for emergent readers? BeanBean's been reading some Tabby Cat books that I found at the library, but I'm always up for more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page