SO SAD!!! DD best friend just started public school today! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-21-2003, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD is so sad! We called her friends mom to see if they wanted to go to the park, and she tells me that her oldest DD started public school today! OUT OF THE BLUE! My dd is so sad. She is crying and doesn't want to go to the "homeschool" park day.
I feel so bad for her.
What gets me is the mom NEVER said anything to us, that her dd was going to be going to PS at all. We see them 1-3 times a week. It hurt my feelings too. Not that she needs my OK or anything, but our kids are friends. She could have said something.

We are just a bunch of sad homeschoolers today!

HEATHERH

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-21-2003, 02:08 PM

This is such a tough surprise! I'm so used to our schedule, or lack thereof, that I forget about the time taken up by school. My dd doesn't understand the whole *not available til after school* logic... We'll be going to our hometown this weekend, the bonus is we can see the HS friends without upsetting our PS friends, they're on totally different schedules! It's been quite a challenge for me to explain to her why I make different decisions for *our* family than my best friends make for *their* families. Of course, last year when everyone was home, I thought I had them convinced to continue the homeschooling trend But they like their perception of *time off* I can see that they're waaaay more stressed out because of the daily time constraints, but there's no convincing them.
I hope your DD is okay with this soon, that's a tough thing to explain

~diana

~diana google me: hahamommy. Unschooling Supermama to Hayden :Super Cool Girlfriend to Scotty . Former wife to Mitch & former mama to Hannahbear
#3 of 4 Old 01-21-2003, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

I guess what upsets me the most is the fact that the girls got along so well, and the mom never said a word to us about it. In fact they played together last week and nothing. PLUS we have been taking there two older kids to the park with us for about 3 months now. And she didn't even call to tell us? It is just weird.

I know her and I went "great" friends, but I always got along well with her. My feelings are hurt just as much as my poor DD!

HEATHERH

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#4 of 4 Old 01-21-2003, 10:21 PM

That is sad for you and your child (((hugs)))

I can see why it all seems weird, but I can also kind of see why the Mom may have been tempted not to talk about it with other homeschooling parents. Even though there are probably many who would be very understanding, she might assume that she would have to answer a bunch of questions and justify everything. Also, there could be something going on like family illness, problems with present or ex-spouse, depression, her daughter constantly saying that "Mom, everything you do is boring and I'd rather go to school" etc. that she doesn't feel ready to talk about--mid-year enrollment is a little unusual.

Sherri

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page