Question for anyone enrolled in online school ie. Clonlara/Oak Meadow etc. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2006, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When you enroll in an online accredited school, does your child fulfill state testing requirements through the online school, or must your child still attend a state facility testing date?

Mother is the word for God on the hearts and lips of all little children--William Makepeace Thackeray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2006, 05:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartmama
When you enroll in an online accredited school, does your child fulfill state testing requirements through the online school, or must your child still attend a state facility testing date?
I don't know for a fact, but I think that would be different in each state. In California there [i]aren't[i] any testing requirements, but Clonlara or Oak Meadow can serve as your school of attendance under the law because of the fact that they've registered in CA as private schools and maintains some kind of offices. It seems to me that if your state accepts them as private school, and you're enrolled in them as students, then you wouldn't even be considered "homeschoolers," so you would fall under the same requirements as private school students instead. But again, I'm just theorizing! The states are all so different...
Lillian

User Tag List