Forum Jump: 

#121 of 133 Old 03-13-2008, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birthrootmidwife View Post
Hey,
I have a complete Enki kindergarden curriculum that I am wanting to pass on. I LOVE all the materials, and will be sad to part with them. We have decided to put our daughter into a waldorf school in the fall instead.
I have had the package just over the 60 day period when I am technically allowed to resell, but I think it is still o.k.
Jennifer, FYI, the Enki policy is you can return materials up to 3 weeks from them being sent out, and up to 6 weeks (42 days) to resell.

Also if someone buys a curriculum past that date they will not have access to the invaluable yahoo support groups, monthly conference calls with Beth Sutton or complimentary hour long consultation with Beth that comes with the package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 133 Old 03-14-2008, 01:16 PM

well, I appreciate your concern, but the benefits will transfer in this situation. The resell policy has changed and has been extended. Beth has allowed a resell if it happens soon.
Please remember that you may not always have enough information to make generalized statements to a whole group. especially, if these comments may portray someone else in a less than favorable manner.
#123 of 133 Old 03-14-2008, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

That wasn't generalized information, that was very specific information based on exactly what beth told me about re sales 2 days ago. I understand from an email from her today that things have changed a little, though not much. the policy is still 60 days.

I don't totally understand why she told me something different a couple of days ago, but I do know she has been dealing with dental surgery and is in a lot of pain. Or maybe they *just* changed the policy.

My post was not intended to portray anyone in a less than favorable manner; not sure why you would read it that way. Rather just a reminder of the enki policy since you mentioned it. As an enki user it is important to me that that policy be respected since the availability of enki materials is somewhat dependent on it.
#124 of 133 Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
May I suggest that anyone who has detailed questions about resale contact the company directly?

sharing life with | 10 yo ds | 8 yo dd | dh (since 2012)
"I am not what happened to me...I am what I choose to become." ~ Carl Jung
#125 of 133 Old 04-29-2008, 12:47 AM

I thought some of you might be interested. I received the following annoucement:

We are happy to announce the upcoming release of the new Electronic Enki (CD Format), which will become available early next month. This will make the materials more portable (accessible on a laptop) and brings with it many other benefits, described below.

ECONOMY: With the challenges most of us are facing in today's economy, we at Enki have been looking for ways to make our packages more cost effective. At the same time, we want to be sure to retain the high quality and quantity that will support you as you tailor the program to meet your specific situation. The new "Electronic Enki" means that at a time when production costs are rising, PACKAGES can be offered at a significantly LOWER cost; this format offers significant savings on shipping and handling, as well.

ECOLOGY: Because we offer a lot of choice in our Resource Libraries, there is also far more material than anyone can use in one year. The new electronic option will allow you to print only those things you will use, and thus save a lot of paper and several binders.

EASE: Each package will come with a hard copy of the Foundation Guides, all support CD's and DVD's, AND one binder that contains the Tables of Contents for all of the books in that package. This will allow you to easily locate what you need, and make it unnecessary to sort through hundreds of pages to get it - it will definitely save on book shelf space.

Come explore this new format and check out the details of the new Electronic Enki at -

http://www.enkieducation.org/html/cu...vel_pkgs_1.htm.

NEW "SCHEDULING SUPPORT" SECTION: All packages now come with a concise additional section on scheduling for the year, the month, the week, and the day. Each schedule also includes directions for finding details on the teaching of specific blocks and an overview of each block to help make planning and choosing easier. Those already owning packages will be able to download this new material for free.

NEW GRADE TWO PACKAGE RELEASE:

The Grade Two Package is now available in both hard copy and electronic (CD) version. This includes stories of Sages from around the world, lively work with Place Value, Multicultural Music and Dance, and more. For details go to: http://www.enkieducation.org/html/cm...e_two_pkgs.htm.
#126 of 133 Old 09-15-2008, 10:18 PM

not sure I belong here but want to sub b/c I've been looking at Enki as a way to supplement my kids' public school education (no, not keeping them studing for hours on end, lol, just realizing recently that the homework they're getting is doing nothing for them and I'd love to find ways to help them learn in a way more in line with our values but also more in tune with their interests). They're in 1st grade and I LOVE the Grade 1 curriculum I have read on the Enki website. Talk about speaking to me on 50 different levels. Anyway, is it legal for a public school mom to post to this thread?
#127 of 133 Old 09-16-2008, 06:16 AM

Wow. I have never heard of this! I would love to know more. I am going to google it, but if there is one site that you would recommend, what would it be?

Phoenix.
#128 of 133 Old 09-16-2008, 07:32 AM

The website is here: Enki Education.
#129 of 133 Old 09-16-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
not sure I belong here but want to sub b/c I've been looking at Enki as a way to supplement my kids' public school education (no, not keeping them studing for hours on end, lol, just realizing recently that the homework they're getting is doing nothing for them and I'd love to find ways to help them learn in a way more in line with our values but also more in tune with their interests). They're in 1st grade and I LOVE the Grade 1 curriculum I have read on the Enki website. Talk about speaking to me on 50 different levels. Anyway, is it legal for a public school mom to post to this thread?
Of course you belong! :

I haven't done Enki GR1 yet, but I've heard it is a ton of work compared to Kindy. In your situation I might get just the Guides and stories. But I'll warn you, the Guides will suck up a lot of time.

Before buying the Enki Guides, I'd suggest Oak Meadow's Heart of Learning manual ($30). Then, if after reading The Heart of Learning you wanted to delve much deeper into the philosophy and have a lot of time to spend reading, the Enki Guides would be a good next step.

If you have specific concerns about movement or sensory processing issues, getting the Enki Guides and either the Kindy or First Grade Movement binders would be worthwhile, but otherwise Christopherus' Joyful Movement ($25) would probably be fine.

Then you might add either the Enki Kindergarten Fairy/Folk Tales ($50) or the Enki GR1 Fairy Tales ($125). The Enki K stories are not too young for 1st graders, and they really are wonderful, so they wouldn't be a waste of money.

If you aren't buying a complete package, I'd suggest skipping Enki Crafts. You wouldn't need that amount of material as a supplement, and you can find much of the information online for free or from library books (ask if you need specific suggestions!). You might want the Community and Festival Songs though ($60).

If you want to bring in a story approach to math, I don't think you really need Enki's Math. Instead check out Gnomes and Gnumbers (scroll down to bottom for beginning) (free!). Or for another fun approach, try Noble Knights of Knowledge. The website Living Math is also full of wonderful resources, and I really like the Family Math books.

If you want to teach recorder, Donna Simmons of Christopherus suggests the inexpensive Oak Meadow instruction manuals ($10 each) (Beginning for 1st Grade, Intermediate for 2nd Grade, and Advanced for 3rd Grade). Personally I'd choose a different recorder: either a Yamaha Soprano 300 series (~$15) or the Gill Maple Soprano sold by Music for Little People (~$30).

If you want to teach knitting, Kids Knitting by Melanie Falick is a favorite.
#130 of 133 Old 09-16-2008, 12:28 PM

Thank you thank you thank you! EXACTLY what I was looking for! :
#131 of 133 Old 09-16-2008, 03:29 PM

Oh, and I should mention that there's a more recent thread of current Enki users/discussion: Enki Families ~ check in here!
#132 of 133 Old 03-19-2014, 11:12 AM

In answer to Periwinkle's question: "Can I use this curriculum as a supplement to my children's education, even if I'm not homeschooling?":

Yes!!! I am a mother with 6 children who are not homeschooled full-time. I used the Enki curriculum to homeschool my oldest child kindergarten. After that we have been doing both public and charter schools for her and our other children. But I would strongly recommend Enki to support the work you will continue to do in your home with children of any age or schooling approach! The Enki philosophies found in this curriculum are rich and broad, applying to all families. I have learned so much about how to create nourishing and happy rhythms in our home. The music is delightful and helps create a lovely atmosphere in your home and supports smooth transitions at critical junctures (mealtimes, cleaning up time, bedtime). The movement work is a key piece of developing your children mentally, physically, and emotionally. Many other crafts and games are put forth, wonderful for all children. The stories are beautifully written, speak to the children right where they are developmentally, and have been painstakingly gathered from cultures around the world. I started using them in our home over eight years ago, and still will for many more years. In a sense, we are all homeschoolers, whether our children attend other schools or not. And I can't recommend this highly enough for all parents!

#133 of 133 Old 03-19-2014, 01:33 PM

Hi ray2jul, 

It is fun to read about your large family and how you have used the Enki curriculum with your children. I agree with all the points you made about the curriculum. I do homeschool my 2 children and plan to continue thru at least 8th grade. This year we have been using the Enki K curriculum and I am well into planning for next year using Enki Gr1 (I love planning, it's very fun and rewarding to me, I know many do not plan so far in advance!). I was using various Waldorf curriculum materials before Enki, and while I very much enjoyed the stories I was bringing to my children, I have found that the Enki stories contain a magical element and meet my two SO well, right where they are. I believe the magic is Beth Sutton's (founder, creator and teacher of Enki Education) deep understanding of child development. While I was already familiar with rhythm from my years of studying Waldorf, Enki has helped me take it to a new level. I have the ability to hold us all in a wonderful weekly rhythm (love the Enki songs and CDs) and make conscious changes to our rhythm as needed. My understanding of movement and it's role in early childhood and beyond has increased more than ten-fold since I started using my Enki K curriculum about a year ago. Every interaction I've had with the Enki Leadership, either through consultations, monthly support calls or online community has allowed a leap foreword in my understanding of whatever my issue is at the time. Enki Education is restructuring the business side of things right now and I am excited to see what the new business structure will be. 

Catnapmama likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page