umbrella school ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-08-2006, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering about umbrella schools, we live in TN and it is pretty easy to be independent, however they do require the child be tested in the school he/she would attend in the 5th grade. I don't want to feel like I need to get him ready for this test, although I am not opposed to evaluation for the purpose of helping him understand his abilities or interests if he is open to this. I want to use an umbrella school that does do some evaluation or at least gives it as an option instead of taking him to ps one day for testing that he may be comfortable with or may not be. Does anyone use an umbrella school and like it? Can you comment on the school and the record keeping/evaluation aspect that you like or dislike?
#2 of 2 Old 05-27-2007, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm having the same problem now with my son, we have kept signed up with Sullivan County so far. Next year he will be 5th grade and I know they will want testing at the local school he would attend if he attended public school. I'm searching for an option in umbrella schoold. The unschooling group around here seems to prefer HomeLife Academy and I have a fellow Waldorf/Holistic homeschooling mom in Bristol, Tn who uses Home Life Academy.

Oh! I just noticed your post is almost a year old! What did you end up doing? I would be interested in knowing.

Shannon in Bristol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page