charlotte mason reading list - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2006, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I posted here before about the oak meadow curriculum. I'm kind of thinking about mixing Waldorf with the Charlotte Mason method. My question, did you put together your own reading list or did you purchase a package? Also, I'd like to know about your experiences about using Charlotte Mason or Waldorf. Thanks, Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2006, 09:36 PM

We incorporate Waldorf and Mason influences into our Classical model. To come up with reading lists, I did a lot of reading myself. Karen Andreola offers several resources, as does Ambleside (which is free!). Reading these, coupled with a passage familiarity with good, classic literature is really all you need to compile a good list that addresses your child's interests.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:00 PM

Subbing to the thread.

The Ambleside website is awesome!! I'd never been to that site before. Thanks for the link! Frankly I'd always kind of been intimidated that the books I was reading to my dc weren't "living books" and somehow I was failing them. Now I see that I'm right on track. Good stuff!!

Liz~A wife and homeschooling mother to two gifts from God!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
I can't say we have any experience yet, but I am about to start the Amblesideonline curriculum with my DD. We have just about all the books for year 1 and most of year 2. I also managed to get some books that were actually used in PNEU schools -- these were the schools founded by Charlotte Mason. Here is another site with the actual PNEU programs:

http://www.charlottesdaughters.org/

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 08-19-2006, 11:55 AM

Another great link!!

Liz~A wife and homeschooling mother to two gifts from God!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
we do Ambelside but also another good source is Books Bloom. She is more into teaching you how to identify living books and teaching you how to get your hands on them. they are a lot of fun. if they are ever at a homeschool conference near you I highly recommend.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 08-20-2006, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciate it.

User Tag List