The PenPal Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 170 Old 05-09-2007, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my kids would love a pen pal. we homeschool(mostly unschool) and we live in pa. my ds is 7 and loves anything nature and animals, his legos(and is also very into bionicles), star wars, and he plays a lot of video games(sadly!). he's finally reading, but the writing is comming harder to him. the only time he likes to write is in letters. he writes them a lot to his little stuffed animals and mails them in a little pretend mail box(i always write back lol).

my dd would love a pen pal also. she is 4 and is a typical little girly girl 4yo. lol loves princesses and fairy tales, but loves to get down and dirty in the mud too. loves to draw and paint! she doesn't write too much yet, but she is very interested in writing letters and was just complaining the other day that she had no one to write to!

if someone would like to swap addresses please pm me!
#122 of 170 Old 05-10-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mermaid View Post
I'd like a penpal. Age 14-16 preferred, boy or girl
Hey Everyone!!My name's Tilly and I'm a 13 year old male. Somehow i have always had an easy time relating to kids older then myself and so i have generally become more mature in a lot of ways then others my age. I would love an "email pal" from 13-15 male or female so write me at tillynamkai@yahoo.com
#123 of 170 Old 05-18-2007, 10:54 PM

my recently turned 6 dd would probably love this. were located in eastern nc < near the beach > and she is just learning to read and write < starting small > but defanitely loves to draw.

please pm me if youre interested.

if nothing else i could make her own email address to correspond with someone back and forth and attatch pictures.

3dds and me (and dh)
#124 of 170 Old 05-22-2007, 08:31 AM

How about a 16 yr old girl?? anyone?

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#125 of 170 Old 05-28-2007, 01:19 AM

looking for a pen pal for dd age 7. anywhere would be fine!

she is the kind of kid that wants to play rough and get dirty but while wearing a dress! she likes barbies, fairytales, princesses, dancing, yoga, crafts.

she can read excellent and is okay at writing letters and loves drawing.

she wants to connect with another homeschooler around her age. we do go to homeschool art classes in the area, but this would be great!

it could be email pal too i guess

thank you!
#126 of 170 Old 05-28-2007, 09:45 PM

...or maybe I just like to complicate things

For those who aren't that big on writing (and those who are, but just like to get mail)- what would you think of a postcard swap? DS is interested in learning about other places & would love to get postcards as well as letters.

Whatcha think?
#127 of 170 Old 05-29-2007, 03:13 AM

Hiya!

I just asked my 7yo DD and she would love a penpal. We are an FPO addy but it only takes about 4 days to get a letter back and forth If your child is interested please PM me

~Shannon
#128 of 170 Old 05-30-2007, 03:03 PM

Hi!

I have a 9yo hs boy - very into the outdoors, who would love to swap postcards, email or write letters to someone between the ages of 6 and 10.

I also have an 11yo hs boy - into hiking, skateboarding, drawing cartoons and comics that would like a pen pal (he's not a big emailer).

Hope to hear from you...

Thanks!
Mish

Homeschooling Mom of Matt, 20; Lydia, 19; Alex, 16; Liam, 14; Jack, 7; Kiara, 5; Seamus, 3 and ??? March 2013. http://mishahogan.com trekkie.gifbikenew.gifknit.gif

#129 of 170 Old 05-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Dar

Just a reminder...

If you want to exchange addresses and find penpals that's okay, but any swaps must be set up in the Swaps forum.

Thanks!

Dar

fambedsingle1.gifSingle mom to Rain (1/93) , grad student, and world traveler earth.gif

#130 of 170 Old 05-30-2007, 06:47 PM

Thanks for the link, Dar!
#131 of 170 Old 06-05-2007, 07:17 PM

Hi everyone! I have a 6.5 yo dd who would love to have a homeschooled penpal. We would do letters or email. She likes typical girly things, but also likes to hunt for bugs and earthworms. LOL!

Hope to hear from someone soon.
#132 of 170 Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 PM

I've got a 2 1/2 yr old DD who would love a pen pal! She could do email or snail mail. Her email would mostly consist of bitmap files done in paint.
#133 of 170 Old 06-24-2007, 12:33 AM

I sent an email.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#134 of 170 Old 06-30-2007, 07:30 PM

I PM'd a few of the folks with recent pen pal requests. Here's my request!

I have a 10 1/2 year old son going into approximately 6th grade stuff this fall. He's into Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, playing outside, basketball, and computer strategy games. He's the oldest in the family. He'd be interested in having a pen pal aged 8-12.

I have a 6 1/2 year old daughter going into approximately 3rd grade stuff this fall. She's into Polly Pockets, dress up, playing outside, and computer strategy games. She's the next to the oldest. She'd enjoy someone ages 5-8.

They both have yahoo family email addresses and could email back and forth, and my daughter would also enjoy a postal pen pal (DS can't stand writing real letters and papers). We have been homeschooling all but one year, and do an eclectic/classical mix in our homeschool.

PM me if you're interested!

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#135 of 170 Old 07-13-2007, 05:20 PM

Hi! Ive been lurking in the homeschooilng board for a while now...I have wanted to "get to know" you all before posting, as I was on a board (NOT mothering) and was flamed for my family's way of life. Obviously, I was on the wrong board. It was a Vermont one (where I live) and I thought it would be great for connecting with other homeschoolers, apparently not lol.

But anyway...we would love to be penpals and send postcards and letters I have a soon to be 9 y/o son who loves the outdoors, biking and animals, especially frogs. We have a 7 y/o daughter who loves lizards and dinosaurs. I have two other smaller children who are not writing yet lol, one is 20 months and the other is almost five. We are sort of unschooling to a degree...trying to "train" myself for the past few years so for now we do a little of both unschooling and homeschooling. But this is a wonderful way of life for my family and love love love it. So if anyone is interested please let me know! thanks!

Mamma to my four wonderful, amazing and unique children~~Wife to my true soulmate who sees things the way I do, together we are truly a team!
#136 of 170 Old 07-24-2007, 10:49 PM

I'm typing this for my 5.5 yr old dd:

Quote:
Hello my name is Allison. I am 5 and a half. My mom's name is Tracy. And I go to one class, Fairy Tale Fantasy, for the summer. I would like to find a pen pal. I read chapter books. My favorite so far is Junie B Jones has a monster under her bed.

Bye!
Allison

We hope you will PM us for our address! I've PM'd one person, but they haven't gotten back to us, so we are trying it this way!
TIA,
Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#137 of 170 Old 07-26-2007, 06:26 PM

My son just turned 3 yrs old recently. He'd love to send/receive mail from a friend. PM me if interested.

Teresa Jo
#138 of 170 Old 07-29-2007, 11:28 PM

We live in NH and have been homeschooling on and off (health issies) for 3 years. My kids would love to have other kids to write to and recieve mail from.

DS1 11 yo - He loves animals, bikes, camping, Harry Potter and role playing games.

DS2 10 yo - He loves role playing games, video games, camping and scary books (goosebumps, etc). He is ADHD and will probably have choppy letters and be on the short side (as he struggles with writing).

DD1 8 yo (9 in September) - She LOVES to write and draw. She writes plays and short stories for fun. Her interests are reading, reading and reading (really, I need to drag her out of her room lol). She also likes camping, dressing up, pretend tea parties and writing/illustrating her own books.

DD2 5 yp - She can't write yet but she loves to draw. I would certainly transcribe what she wanted to say to her new friends for her as well.
#139 of 170 Old 08-04-2007, 09:30 PM

My dd is always looking for penpals. She has one right now, bu would love 1-2 others, and would especially love a pen pal from another country. She will be 7 at the end of August, LOVES Harry Potter, sewing and doing crafts, swimming/diving, animals and all things fantasy/fairy related. Please email me at bonnie@holdenslanding.com if interested (I don't check in here too often!). Thanks
#140 of 170 Old 08-05-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMeOhMy View Post
DS2 10 yo - He loves role playing games, video games, camping and scary books (goosebumps, etc). He is ADHD and will probably have choppy letters and be on the short side (as he struggles with writing).
We are still looking for a penpal for this guy. He's feeling a little sad that his siblings already have one and not him. Anyone, anyone? :
#141 of 170 Old 08-05-2007, 05:42 PM

PM'd you, OhMe...

We're looking for a couple of 'pals, preferably from different parts of the country/world, but we're certainly not picky!

We are HSing this fall - 6th grade. DS is 11, enjoys reading, skateboarding, camping/hiking, reading, plays double bass, legos, sewing, reading, cooking.
#142 of 170 Old 08-15-2007, 09:52 AM

I have a dd9 anddd5 and ds11 who would Love penpals too. We are in WI/MN near Duluth. This is a great idea!
#143 of 170 Old 08-18-2007, 08:34 PM

So, I just started homeschooling my daughter this month. She is a precocious almost 4.5 y/o that wants to be a tattoo artist when she grows up. She loves animals, princess anything, and art and crafts in any form. She knows her letters, but can't write anything except for her name, so she would probably be drawing a lot of pictures.

Feel free to PM if you want to become penpals.
#144 of 170 Old 08-20-2007, 03:07 AM

Hello,
I'd love some penpals for my kiddos. I have a 4 yo dd and a 5 1/2 yo ds who is in K/1st this year(we started school in the middle of the year last year ) How do we get signed up for this?
#145 of 170 Old 08-20-2007, 06:43 PM

Editing to add, we found a couple of penpals! So for now I think we have all we can handle.
Thanks!

Looking for a girl penpal age about 7-9 for DD age 8 (9 in march) We are a Christian family of 5 (DD and her 2 younger brothers.)

She is really looking for a friend who will enjoy writing regularly. She is a sweet old fashioned kind of kid who loves nature, animals, reading (!) writing and illustrating stories and books, crafts, sewing, horses and cats.We are in rural CA. She would be a very loyal "pal" and your child would have a letter very quickly!
PM me if interested!
#146 of 170 Old 08-24-2007, 12:08 AM

We are a home school family and I am looking for two kids to pen pal with my two sons. I have a 9 year old and a 6 year old. We live in SE United States. We would like to find two children in a different time zone. We will be using it as a HS project but I hope that the kids develop a bond as well... I have been searching for something like this but everything I found on line is for "classroom" groups. Please email me at kyendaone@gmail.com with further instructions on how to get involved.
My kids are into soccer, karate, gaming, computers, movies, swimming and Boy Scouts.....
Thanks!
#147 of 170 Old 08-27-2007, 03:27 AM

Hiya, I am a homeschooling mama, with a 4.5yr old ds. We would love to exchange drawings, and pictures and fun things we find around town. Pm me if you are interested.
Thanks
Bianca

*Thank you to our new penpals. Ds can't wait to get started.

Mother to one wild and crazy boy 12/29/2002.
Midwife, Homeschool Educator and Crafter.
#148 of 170 Old 08-29-2007, 11:55 PM

hi, my son is almost 12 going into 6th garde, we've always home schooled except for 3rd and 4th grade. He loves to play soccer, baseball, basketball,etc. Also we live in vermont so he loves snowboarding, skiing, cross-country skiing all winter activities. he's goofy and funny and ithink this would be fun for him he would forget that he was learning to type-ha ha! Oh yeah he also has a crazy little brother.
#149 of 170 Old 09-04-2007, 03:22 PM

Dd is 11 and looking for a new penpal! We live in New York City. Dd is very into dance and musical theater. She loves American Girl dolls, puppies, Zac Efron, and drawing. She's so excited to start sending letters!

Any other girls around that age willing to exchange frequent snail mail?

You can reply to this or EMAIL ME

Thanks!

Angela

DD(20) Hair Stylist in Manhattan

DD(17) Dancer at the (real) Fame school

DS(13) Martial artist & experiential homeschooler

#150 of 170 Old 11-29-2007, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am looking for a penpal for dd!

She will be 7 yo in January. She is doing 1st grade work. She loves cats, cooking, reading, and crafts. She also loves learning French and drawing pictures. She is in gymnastics and swim lessons. She wants to be a chef someday.

We don't get out much and we move a lot, so she hasn't had a friend for awhile. So we hope for a penpal who can write often-either on email or preferably snail mail. Right now we are in Northern Illinois.

Please PM me if anyone has another little girl who would like to be her penpal!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page