jumping from subject to subject - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-24-2006, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lately dd (4) has been interested in finding about things on line. so i google, finds sites, and read to her, and we look at photos and sometimes little games.

she is very curious, but i find myself getting easily frustrated. first of all, i need to translate to her, and i find it requires more effort than translating her kids' books, when i am reading a wikipedia article on zooplankton.

she keeps asking questions that probe different areas, i start googling new things, and i find my head is exploding. the connection is fast, though not instanteneous. so in those 5 seconds that the site is loading, she starts whining that it is too slow, or askign something else.

i just realised that i could look for russian sites, but generally i find the english ones, especially for kids, are just so much better.

i find myself being impatient, getting a headache, and telling her she needs to listen till the end, after she asks a question, which i don't agree with.

how do you handle internet searches with a 4 year old? how can i ease into this without us being edgy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2006, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
no idea, the same thing happens with my 4yo (except I don't have to translate, unless you coulnt translating from adult to child, lol)...just a couple weeks ago ds asked a question that led to researching Freddy Murcury's life and death, homosexuality, AIDS, adoption and coming very close to sex yet again. The only thing he hasn't asked is...but how does the sperm get to the egg? yikes.

Genie, mama to T (4/02), I (10/04) and T (7/09)

User Tag List