Does your HSing family hang out in PJs all day? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Do you hang out in your pj's all day?
Yes, all day! 14 9.33%
Sometimes, but mostly till lunch 67 44.67%
Sometimes, but I like to be dressed in the morning 44 29.33%
Never! You are lazy! 25 16.67%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 11-09-2006, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, and apparently I take laziness to a new level because for me it's all about preventing laundry. We have clothes we wear around the house, sometimes uhh.. days at a time... and sometimes they double as pjs. We only wear 'real' clothes if we have to go somewhere.

flowersforyou.gif

#32 of 51 Old 11-09-2006, 12:30 PM

I always get dressed and showered, no matter what day it is. I might do it late-- very, very lat, but I shower everyday and I don't like eating supper in my PJs. My oldest hser usually gets dressed by 3 or so. My youngest will often stay in her PJs all day long, but : she knows to get dressed for supper. Even if means throwing a dress over her long johns. There is something about supper that isn't about PJs.

My youngest ds comes home from school or activities and throwns on lounge pants asap. He's always been like this. If he doesn't have anywhere to go, he will stay in his jammies until throwing something on at supper.
#33 of 51 Old 11-09-2006, 12:33 PM

dressed who needs to get dressed? If you are wearing pajamas you are dressed in my oppinion.

Of course my Dh has other ideas that differ but he works out side the home so.... Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhh........ Don't tell him what I just said.

we are usually dressed by sometime in the afternoon...well other then the littleset I can get her to keep clothes on right now.
#34 of 51 Old 11-09-2006, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I like to shower, dress and put on make up. I feel SO much better!

My kids, on the other hand, would like to live in their jammies. The other day it was driving my crazy and I told them I would really, really like it if they would get dressed in anything other than their jammies (it was 1 in the afternoon). One got dressed in a pirate custom, the other in her swimsuit!

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#35 of 51 Old 11-09-2006, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
I like to shower, dress and put on make up. I feel SO much better!

My kids, on the other hand, would like to live in their jammies. The other day it was driving my crazy and I told them I would really, really like it if they would get dressed in anything other than their jammies (it was 1 in the afternoon). One got dressed in a pirate custom, the other in her swimsuit!

I prefer being dressed, at least part of the day, as well. I love a rainy day of cooking chicken soup where we stay home all day. I will still get dressed at some point, however.

My kids are like that as well. Now it's just my youngest who does the costumes. If I say "How about some clothes...or something..." she figures a costume is as good as 'real' clothing. And I do too.
#36 of 51 Old 11-09-2006, 01:20 PM

It depends on the weather and how much sleep we got. I don't stress getting dressed when we are just staying home.
I think most days we try to be dressed before dh gets home from work.

Kim ~mom to one awesome dd (12)

#37 of 51 Old 11-09-2006, 01:25 PM

Location: In the middle of nowhere, at the centre of everything.
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
my dd sleeps in her clothes, and often wears the same outfit 3 days running, so no, she is NEVER in her pjs all day
This is three of my kids, too. I didn't see that option on the poll list.

Miranda

Mountain mama to three great kids and one great grown-up

#38 of 51 Old 11-09-2006, 08:48 PM

I usually stay in my pjs until midday. I do feel good getting dressed. Some of that may be because we are adding on to our house, and there are often workers here, so I don't really like them seeing me in my pjs. It probably also has to do with the fact that I'm pregnant, and my pj bottoms aren't as comfortable as I'd like.

My son, though, stays in his underpants all day, and he usually sleeps in just underpants, too. He'll get dressed to go outside or if we're heading out, but as soon as he's back in, he strips down again. In fact, in warmer weather, he doesn't even always get dressed to go outside and play. We live in the middle of the woods, and he's just 5yo, so I don't make a fuss about it.

Christie

Christie ~ proud Mama to : 5/01, and : 3/07; and proud wife to my since 1992. We have 13 and 2 : It's looking more and more like either a farm or a zoo around here.
#39 of 51 Old 11-09-2006, 10:41 PM

I voted never. I don't feel you are lazy though. If I don't get dressed to my lace up shoes then I'm not as efficient. I would get lazy.

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

#40 of 51 Old 11-09-2006, 10:43 PM

actually more often my kids sleep in their clothes!!
#41 of 51 Old 11-10-2006, 07:21 AM

Until lunch time, we usually have somewhere to go and even if we don't you never know when my MIL will drop by unannounced LOL
#42 of 51 Old 11-11-2006, 02:54 AM

Depends on if we are going anywhere.

Resistance is futile Matey
#43 of 51 Old 11-11-2006, 10:14 PM

My girls usually dress themselves around breakfast time. We love it when we don't have to go anywhere and celebrate by having a pajama day.
#44 of 51 Old 11-12-2006, 03:06 AM

#45 of 51 Old 11-13-2006, 12:39 PM

I voted "Sometimes, but I like to be dressed in the morning".

However, dd1 and ds are warm-blooded buggers and tend to run around in their undies all day, every day even when it's cold. I usually don't bother to make them get dressed unless we're going somewhere or expecting company.
#46 of 51 Old 11-13-2006, 01:37 PM

Well, BooBah wears pajamas all the time. I make her change them every 24 hours or so.

BeanBean only wears pajamas when he's cold; the rest of the time he sleeps in underpants.

I need another option-- "No pajamas; my kids are naked unless they're going outdoors."

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#47 of 51 Old 11-13-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
I need another option-- "No pajamas; my kids are naked unless they're going outdoors."
That would be what I'd pick for my boys!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#48 of 51 Old 11-13-2006, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I voted "No", but I don't consider you lazy if you do stay in your jammies all day! We have to get dressed to drive DS to school.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#49 of 51 Old 11-13-2006, 10:10 PM

The kids usually change into their clothes after breakfast - which could be anytime between 7:30 and 11:30!

My 3yo is an exception though: he usually wears NOTHING when at home! We try, but he will be butt-naked within 10 minutes anyways!
#50 of 51 Old 11-14-2006, 12:45 AM

We usually dress before breakfast so that the pajamas don't get dirty and can be worn again for a few nights. Also, dd takes care of dogs early in the morning so she needs to wear something that works outside first thing in the AM. I try to be dressed early so I can do various chores.

However, any pjs that double as daytime clothes are fine for a full night and full day of wear.

I picked the third--the "sometimes"--option BTW.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#51 of 51 Old 11-14-2006, 02:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm in the "I feel sloppy and unproductive if I'm in pjs" camp. But I think it's because I'm lazy enough that I just can't get myself to do anything if I'm wearing stuff I sleep in. I don't think someone who manages to do their normal day-to-day stuff in their pjs is lazy, I think they're more on the ball than I am.

My oldest right now is into making sure he's dressed "right," which means "like Dad." So he gets changed into an undershirt, pants, socks, and a shirt/sweater in the morning, and wears that all day until bedtime. I guess he hasn't noticed that dh changes out of his work clothes when he comes home.

My middle kid likes to wear shorts and a t-shirt. Clothes tend to make him itchy, so he wears as little has he can, always soft stuff. I'm thinking of splurging on some HA for him for Christmas.

Toddler would be naked all day if she could. Generally she doesn't mind pants & a onsie.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page