Does your HSing family hang out in PJs all day? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Do you hang out in your pj's all day?
Yes, all day! 14 9.33%
Sometimes, but mostly till lunch 67 44.67%
Sometimes, but I like to be dressed in the morning 44 29.33%
Never! You are lazy! 25 16.67%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2006, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On an average schooling day, if we don't have outings planned or there are no errands to run, we often hang out in our jammies till about 1 or 2. Only because we are heading outside to play. There are days where dh comes home from work (4:30 ish) and we are still in PJ's Do you do the same or are we just lazy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2006, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was just thinking I better get my DD dressed and it's about 11:15 here. But hey, who wants to trade warm fuzzy fleece PJs for jeans? My son usually plays with his legos after breakfast in his undies and I have to remind him to get dressed a few times-you'd think he'd be cold but whatever....
I was dressed by 10am but not willingly!

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:49 PM

I like to get dressed by lunch. And by dressed I mean tshirt and sweatpants with bra and deoderant - it's the bra and deoderant that make all the difference.

The kids will wear pj's all day some days. Less laundry for me.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:58 PM

We homeschooled for 3 years, until this year. My rule (because I'm a contol freak) is no pjs after noon in the living room. I don't have any kids in diapers, and our idea of summer pjs is just a long t-shirt.

Also, no computer or TV (too easy to get sucked into) until you're dressed (well, not including me before the kids wake up!), eaten, teeth brushed, etc. because otherwise when I need to go somewhere, it would take too long to get everyone going.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:26 PM

Great thread!

We do long shirts for pjs here, and sometimes, if we're just bumming around the house, Kenzie will stay in his all day. Doesn't bother me any, and it's more comfortable for him. I usually get up and check email before I get dressed. Of course, we've been night owls recently, going to bed at 3AM and getting up at 11, so it's certainly possible to catch me in my pjs after noon.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:28 PM

We don't hang out in pjs past 10 or 11am, simply because it affects me if we don't get dressed. It sounds weird perhaps but if I get dressed, I feel more productive and positive. If we hang out in pjs, it negatively affects me somehow and I feel like I'm in a rut. So, we don't hang out in pjs but that's why. If we all shower and get dressed in the morning, even if the kids play all day, I still feel like we've been productive and it makes me feel positive rather than "blah".
Old 11-08-2006, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Often that's exactly how you will find us. Especially me. Especially now that it is cooler and rainy. If we have nowhere to go I just don't see the point.

The kids will often get dressed out of pajamas, but its into similiar stuff like lounge pants and a sweatshirt of t-shirt. We wake up anywhere from 9-noon and sometimes take showers just before dinner.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Old 11-08-2006, 06:44 PM

We get dressed, but I'd never call y'all lazy.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:53 PM

My kids wear pajamas all the time unless they are going out. My daughter dances every day and she usually doesn't get dressed until dance time and then it's obviously in dance clothes. Then when she gets home she strips down and immediately puts her PJs back on.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:59 PM

Some days I don't get a shower til noon.

My kids like to get dressed.

I like to stay in pj's or "house clothes". (clothes I wouldn't dare wear in public).
Old 11-08-2006, 07:11 PM

pttthh!
my dd sleeps in her clothes, and often wears the same outfit 3 days running, so no, she is NEVER in her pjs all day
:
I usually sleep naked, so I get dressed when I get up, at least when the weather is cold :

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
Old 11-08-2006, 07:17 PM

Difficult to answer this one. We generally don't wear "outside" clothes in the apartment. We all strip when we come in the door. We hang out in jammies or sweatpants because they are comfortable.

If we aren't going anywhere, my dd will often stay in her jammies (which consist of leggings and thermal shirts in the winter and nightgowns or t-shirts in the summer) all day. She may change out of them and put on clean jammies LOL If we go out, we wear "outside" clothes.

I often like to shower even if I'm not going out. If I don't plan to go out, I will shower and put on clean pajama pants and a tank top
Old 11-08-2006, 08:03 PM

We all get dressed after breakfast, always. It feels very "wrong" to me to stay in jammies all day ( we define sweats as jammies).
Old 11-08-2006, 08:25 PM

Me, yes, unless we leave the house. Dd has a passion for fashion, so not so much.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:31 PM

We stay in jammies unless we go out. Easier & comfier!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 11-08-2006, 08:31 PM

If we aren't going anywhere and don't have anyone coming over, we will usually spend the whole day in our PJs. Of course that hardly ever happens
Old 11-08-2006, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftField View Post
We don't hang out in pjs past 10 or 11am, simply because it affects me if we don't get dressed. It sounds weird perhaps but if I get dressed, I feel more productive and positive. If we hang out in pjs, it negatively affects me somehow and I feel like I'm in a rut. So, we don't hang out in pjs but that's why. If we all shower and get dressed in the morning, even if the kids play all day, I still feel like we've been productive and it makes me feel positive rather than "blah".
Same here. I feel much more energetic and ready for the day when I'm dressed in day clothes - and putting on night clothes makes me feel more relaxed and ready for bed at night. I like the differentiation - day vs. night. My son just automatically changed into day clothes awhile after he got up - it was never an issue. Same with his dad. I don't wear uncomfortable clothes, though - so it's not as if I get up and put on stiff or binding things.

PS: You jumped straight from "Sometimes, but I like to be dressed in the morning" to "Never! You are lazy!" - I would have picked something more like "No, never - unless I'm not feeling well...", so I didn't mark one.
Lillian
Old 11-08-2006, 11:26 PM

Whenever I don't get dressed in the morning, I end up getting "caught" by a neighbor or the UPS guy or something. It embarasses me. So I get dressed in the morning. Sometimes my kids get dressed first thing, and sometimes they don't. I do insist they get dressed before lunch-- I guess I'm a control freak too. It just bugs me to have them in their pjs too long, and it keeps them from playing outside, which I think is important.

But I don't think folks who like their pjs are lazy.

ZM
Old 11-09-2006, 12:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yes! We are usually still eating breakfast and playing board games at 10 a.m. I often encourage our children to get dressed while I make lunch. We almost always have circle time and math in pjs. I've been thinking of sleeping in sweats because of the odd person who drops in, but I'm a flannel-plaid person. I periodically resolve to shower daily, but then decide there are more fun things to do or plan something sweaty or dirty which would obviate bathing!

I'm still grubby today ...
peace,
teastaigh
Old 11-09-2006, 12:56 AM

We usually have one or two days a week where we are in pj's all day. I love it!
Old 11-09-2006, 01:04 AM

My two older sons have chosen to go to school for the past few years, so I get up with them at 6:30 to make breakfast and say good morning. They are both gone by 7:30 so most days I snooze on the couch till 9:00. Then I get up and get dressed. Justin (my unschooler) comes downstairs dressed around 9:30 or 10:00 only because he sleeps in his boxers. Somedays I stay in my PJs till I exercise in the afternoon then take a shower, sort of depends on what we are doing that day.

Blessings,
Traci
Mom to 3 homebirthed boys 16,13 &11

~Traci, wife to DH 4-88. Mom to 3 homebirthed sons, 22,20&17

The Blue Door Farmhouse & traci.mymomentis.biz

Old 11-09-2006, 01:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I shower and dress every morning. I feel just gross up until I have showered and put on clean clothes. I am just a jeans/t-shirt sort of gal, so it isn't like it is all that hard for me to dress. It is not unusual for my kids to stay in jammies all day though. Now it is getting colder out and my kids have these delicious jammies that are fleece tops and fleece bottoms, that are baggy and stretchy and warm and comfy. Now, If I had those jammies then I might stay in them all day too

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:46 AM

I'm there with the feeling more productive in my "regular" clothes crowd. I like to get showered and dressed (typically jeans or khaki's and a tee), but my boys would rather go in their pj's or naked all day. Most days we seem to have *something* that takes us out of the house, but it doesn't take them long to come up with some reason to strip back down once we are back home again. (Oh, they are only 5, 3, and a baby - he wears whatever I dress him in, which ironically enough, usually is something that could be considered pj's!)

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Old 11-09-2006, 02:46 AM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
pttthh!
my dd sleeps in her clothes, and often wears the same outfit 3 days running, so no, she is NEVER in her pjs all day
:
I usually sleep naked, so I get dressed when I get up, at least when the weather is cold :
Same story here - I was debating whether I would admit it!

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

Old 11-09-2006, 03:26 AM

I am a weirdo who actually enjoys getting dressed in the morning. But since neither of my two take after me, I hs most days while they sit around in their underclothes or jammies. Only if we are leaving the house do my two really ever "get dressed".
Old 11-09-2006, 03:30 AM

I like to have us all dressed by 10 am most days. I try to get my morning chores done by that time as well. That's my signal from then on that I need to mentally focus my energy on the kids and not the house or getting ready.

We do, of course, have days where we hang out in jammies. We make sure to have a day now and again where we have no place to be and we just enjoy each other in jammies. We love those!

It's just been in the last year or so that Makenna will keep her clothes on for any length of time. And, Beckett is just learning to take his off so...
Old 11-09-2006, 04:38 AM

After my mandatory shower, I like to get dressed in the morning. I sleep naked, so there are no jammies to speak of!

I can't think of the last time we were home all day, but ds1 is very often naked or just in underwear until we go out. I usually don't change ds2 out of his jammies until we leave the house.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:45 AM

We dress most days first thing in the morning, we go for a walk most mornings when the weather is nice. I shower afterward.

The only time any of us stay in jammies past breakfast is when we are sick. We are morning people, though!

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

Old 11-09-2006, 04:59 AM

We used to hang out in pj's quite often but that was our days pre-Flylady. Now post-Flylady the kids and I get up, get dressed to the shoes, and make our beds to start the day. I didn't believe something this simple would cause us to get more accomplished on a daily basis but....it does. The days we used to hang out in pj's I would be starting dinner only to realize we had done nothing, zip, nada all day long and then I would freak and do a mad dash to try and get everything done before they went to bed. Now we are all dressed within 30 minutes of getting up (my ds takes longer than the 15 min Flylady thing) and we do get more stuff done during the day...including getting outside regularly to work on the yard or just go for a walk.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:17 AM

We love our pj's...and I frequently get "caught" the neighbors are traditional schoolers,working by 8 a.m. and once in a while they ned to borrow an egg or something... I used ot walk my puppy in the front yard 10 times a day in my bathrobe, i just don't care who cares anymore.... thank goodness she's housetrained now!
the kids will stay in pj's all day if we have nowhere to go,and the weathers bad...dh wonders what goes on all day,....:

User Tag List