Trader Joe's Field Trip! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-09-2006, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My kids and I just got back from a homeschooling field trip to Trader Joe's. We saw behind the scenes, including the area where the in-house artists work making all of the signage for the store--we all had no idea! We thought they were coorporate signs sent in from headquarters somewhere. This store has three artists on staff.

We saw the walk-in freezer, the walk-in refrigerator, where they keep mountains of boxes of two-buck-Chuck. We all had some cider. The kids got to scan candybars at the cash register--they brought the total to $186.00.

An older woman was watching us, and asked about who we are. We told her we were a group on a field trip. Then she wondered if we were a nusery or some sort of school (lots of little kids, as well as older kids in our group). No, we're a homeschooling group. She was smiling and said that she was impressed at how well the kids all put the candy bars back.

It was a wonderful field trip, and it was so great to have this older woman express how great she thought our kids are!

Crunchy check list:  2 homebirths (one accidental UC!), co-slept, no CIO, cloth diapers, home/un school, raw milk drinker (!) I am a walking cliche!! I even blog and knit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 07:30 PM

That sounds awesome! Don't you love affirmation?

It's also inspiring me to try and set up a field trip.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

OT: warriorprincess--I have been telling everyone I know about your very funny sig.

OMG, when I first saw it I started crying I was laughing so hard!
:

Crunchy check list:  2 homebirths (one accidental UC!), co-slept, no CIO, cloth diapers, home/un school, raw milk drinker (!) I am a walking cliche!! I even blog and knit...
Old 11-09-2006, 11:50 PM

What a fun trip! We are going after the New Year and I'm so excited. My boys love TJ's, and it's nice because one of the managers is my mom's neighbor, so she already knows us. I wonder if our store has artists there for us to see too? How cool their signage is done on-site; I too thought it had to have been done at corporate or something.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Old 11-10-2006, 12:21 AM

I love it when perfect strangers notice good kids. I also adore Trader Joe's!! I wish they would open one up this way, I have to get my fill of them everytime we are in AZ.

User Tag List