How late do you sleep? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 11-19-2006, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I stay up later too and found that this is my natural cycle. Usually I'm asleep by midnight, sometimes sooner, sometimes later.

Mommy to Emily (16), Cal (12) and Claire Bear (3)
#32 of 50 Old 11-20-2006, 11:01 AM

My kids wake up anywhere between 6am and 8am. (usually around 6:30)

Some days I'll get up earlier than others...7am is pretty much the earliest I'm willing to get out of bed.

My SO gets up and leaves for work by around 7:40 so he takes care of their needs until he leaves, so I can sleep.
Ever so often the kids don't come and get me after he leaves so I sleep even longer.

Did I mention that I am _not_ a morning person??

I see kids outside waiting for their school buses at 7am and I can't imagine having to get everyone ready so early! LOL!
#33 of 50 Old 11-20-2006, 11:17 AM

Right now I have to get up at 7:15 to get my daughter off to school--this is much too early for me. In my old age I need more sleep... I can't wait until we are homeschooling, I'm planning on setting my alarm for 8:15 instead...

Bookworm mom to three wonderful children. homeschool.gif
#34 of 50 Old 11-20-2006, 01:50 PM

Ooohhh I hate mornings! I wake between 9 and 10 - usually closer to 10 than 9am. And I'm double blessed... my 19 month old usually sleeps in, too.

HOw late do we stay up? Usually DD1 goes to bed around 9:30pm. DD2... we don't do schedules for the baby, so whenever she's tired she can be found on my lap while I am naking. I go to sleep really late most night since the only time I can do my web design for clients is when everyone is asleep. I usually crawl into bed around 2 to 3am.
#35 of 50 Old 11-20-2006, 02:17 PM

My kids wake me up before 7am! No sleeping in for me...
#36 of 50 Old 11-20-2006, 06:23 PM

Dh and I usually go to bed by 9pm. He falls asleep , I'll read til midnight. The kids like to watch Nick at Night and occasionally a movie..so they don't go to bed til 11:30pm or midnight.

Dh is up at 5:20 and out the door by 6:20am. My alarm is set for 8:20am. But I don't get up til 10am.

The kids get up anywhere from 9-10:30am.
#37 of 50 Old 11-20-2006, 09:59 PM

I rarely set an alarm unless I have a Sat. seminar and have to get up at 5 am.
6 yr old DD gets up anytime from 6:30 to 8
3 yrold DS will sleep till 11 some days, others he's up as early as 8

I get up anywhere from 6:30 to 8 at the latest.

DS had an appointment this morning at 9; I woke up at 7:45, got vitamins set up in time for DD to come down and drink hers. By the time I went back upstairs DS was actually awake much to my relief. We showered and got out of the house by 8:45.
DS was sleeping tonight by 6 since he didn't get a nap today. He needs 14 hours of sleep.
#38 of 50 Old 11-21-2006, 12:38 AM

I am NOT an early bird! Right now I usually get up between 8:30 and 9:00. Dh works nights, and he gets home around 8:00. The kids(5, 8, 11) are up about 7:30 or so. They are really good about occupying themselves until I am up with tv, computer, arts and crafts, etc. Dh has his breakfast with the kids and comes to bed about 8:30. I then stay in bed with him until he's asleep. If we have an activity or appointment in the morning, then I will set that alarm clock. But not unless I have to!
#39 of 50 Old 11-21-2006, 12:50 AM

Since dh is working a very late schedule now it is really nice that we hs. My dh leaves for work at 3 pm and doesn't get home until 1 AM. I am an early riser by nature, but have adjusted to this schedule. I get up around 9 am now and the kids get up at 10. DH gets up at 11. Works well for all. We just visit with dh before work.

If my kids went to school they would never see their father!
#40 of 50 Old 11-21-2006, 06:46 PM

I am up at 5:30 every morning. I feel driven to have some quiet time every day in which to write, and right now that's the only time of day that is possible. The baby usually wakes up around 6:30, and the other kids from 7:00-9:00. The important thing is that they are getting as much rest as they need to -- if they were going to school they'd have to go to bed so much earlier, and they'd only have an hour or so to spend with their dad in the evening. Plus they'd have to go to bed in the summertime when the sun is still shining! That's just wrong!
#41 of 50 Old 11-22-2006, 02:29 AM

Well dd goes to bed around 11 pm and she gets up around 11 am most days.

I am a night owl and it's the only alone time I get so I stay up until the wee hours and then I sleep in with dd.

she has always needed a lot of sleep and that was actually one of the deciding factors when we chose to start hs'ing

some days we sleep until 12 or 12:30

Me : , husband ,daughter Raven : 10-28-95 :
#42 of 50 Old 11-22-2006, 02:42 AM

Around 10 AM is when we get up.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#43 of 50 Old 11-22-2006, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Unfortunately the day starts early here. I am a night owl, that is my natural rhythm and if left to my own devices I would probably go to bed around 2-3 am and get up around 12-1 pm. That is what I always did when I didn't have anything to do. Unfortunately I still have days where I just cannot go to sleep until 2 am and then I have to get up early and that sucks. Right now DH is home full time until January so it is nice I am getting to sleep until 9:30 am or so. The baby wakes up between 6-7 am (torture!) and DH gets up with her. The older two wake up usually around 7-7:30 am. Baby goes to bed at 6 pm and the older two are in bed at 7:30 pm. I sooooo look forward to the teenage years when the kids want to sleep until noon because I will be right there with them!

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#44 of 50 Old 11-22-2006, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

To the moms who get up early, like 6am/give/take...

Do you find yourself needing some rest time later in the day? I think if I consistently got up everyday at 6am, I would tire out by noon, esp. in the gray/rainy/cold winter SO nice for napping!! I love naps

#45 of 50 Old 11-22-2006, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Shawna,
Holy Moly, your kids go to bed early!!

#46 of 50 Old 11-23-2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalDaze View Post
We're the same way. We're total night owls around here.
when my precious baby decides i can sleep i get about 2 hrs about midnight then she wakes up again about 2am i usually drift in and out of light sleep anyway so im up every 2-3 hrs to feed baby then my son comes in at about 8 and i have to get out of bed but usually ive only been lying in bed and waiting for ppl to wake up lol if hubby has a day off ill sleep til 10 and send him down with the kids lol when we were at public school i had to be up at 7 and get every1 ready and now we are more relaxed and noone is screaming in the chaos anymore ha ha
#47 of 50 Old 11-23-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
Unfortunately the day starts early here. I am a night owl, that is my natural rhythm and if left to my own devices I would probably go to bed around 2-3 am and get up around 12-1 pm. That is what I always did when I didn't have anything to do. Unfortunately I still have days where I just cannot go to sleep until 2 am and then I have to get up early and that sucks. Right now DH is home full time until January so it is nice I am getting to sleep until 9:30 am or so. The baby wakes up between 6-7 am (torture!) and DH gets up with her. The older two wake up usually around 7-7:30 am. Baby goes to bed at 6 pm and the older two are in bed at 7:30 pm. I sooooo look forward to the teenage years when the kids want to sleep until noon because I will be right there with them!
i too will enjoy the sleepy teens lol ha ha
#48 of 50 Old 11-24-2006, 04:15 AM

Usually 8:30 - 9 or so, but today we all stayed in bed until almost 10. My 7 yo gets up earlier, but she just reads in bed or plays a computer game. She is also willing to fix snacks for her little sister and play with her, so they are pretty self sufficient. The little one sleeps in most days anyway, today I was up for almost an hour before she turned up.
#49 of 50 Old 11-25-2006, 08:47 PM

If left alone I sleep till 10. The kids usually get up between 8 and 9, and they old enough that they can get something to eat and drink till mom gets up.

My dh loves to make fun of me when I have to set the alarm to wake up for 9am. What a life you have, he says.:

Michelle , 20+ years with a wonderful DH
Mama to two boys, 12 and 10

#50 of 50 Old 11-26-2006, 04:09 PM

My toddler wakes up around 6, the preschooler by 7:30. I work from 8PM - 1AM every night after the kids go to bed, so I long for the day when they get up later! I'm up with the toddler, my husband sleeps until they are both fed and dressed and bouncing on his head!

creative mom of two free-spirited boys (03/03, 11/04) : unschooling, nature loving, crafting, making, passion following family ribbonjigsaw.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page