What is your homeschool/unschool plan for today - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 03-09-2007, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I generally just write down what we did that day on my "lesson plan." I do try to do some reading aloud and discussion each day and I pick out books from the library beforehand. My son works on handwriting a little 4-5 times a week, often on his own, sometimes with Handwriting Without Tears. We do some math reading and work a few problems with manipulatives a couple times a week. We sometimes play math games or card games for math. I'm going to start doing Story of the World for history at his request soon. We take lots of nature walks and go on lots of field trips. We also watch TV and videos and have playdates with friends.

Today he watched Cyber Chase and drew a big galaxy on some foamboard to use as a background for his Star Wars adventures. We'll be going to Lego club (with our homeschool group) soon. I'd like to get in some handwriting practice before we go. Tonight he's going to a Cub Scout patch trading event with my mom. I'll try to squeeze some of our current chapter book in if we have time, or I'll get a Hank the Cowdog audio book from the library and he'll listen to that in the car.

I'm definitely more relaxed than when we started homeschooling last summer! Sometimes I worry about becoming TOO relaxed... :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 03-09-2007, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Today we are up (at 10 am! LOL) to get ready to see a movie early this afternoon. Dh and Ds are going to see "300" (look it's creative and historical ) and Dd and I are going to see "Wild Hogs". Should be fun.

Right now the kids are doing showers. Well Dd is waiting for the shower I should say, and I am drinking a morning smoothie.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#33 of 33 Old 03-09-2007, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know when this thread started, but here was our Friday. We had no actual plans but this is what ended up happening.

My SO decided to stay home from work today to hang with us, so I let him have the chance to sleep in and I got up with the kids around 7:30.

Kids played around while I drank a few cups of coffee and then made breakfast.
I had just received some Scholastic books so we played the Canadian money bingo game that was in it (fun, actually!) and then we read Sir Cumference and the First Round Table.
Twice actually, since Maia and I snuggled up to read it and then when we were almost done, Forest showed up and asked if we could start over. So we did.

We let the kids play Lego Star Wars on the Gamecube while we went upstairs for a bit. IYKWIM.

Lunch happened. Then Marc took Maia grocery shopping alone and I hung with Forest.
As they got back, it was time to head to swimming lessons (homeschool group ones) and I stayed home to put away the groceries, and Marc took the kids to the pool.
I layed down for a minute and woke up as they were walking through the door, 2 hours later!!

Now, here we are an hour later and I've made the kids dinner and we're just relaxing before I run a bath to wash out the chlorine.

Nice relaxing day.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page