Anybody know where to get those dental disclosure tablets? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 03-20-2007, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, it's a homeschooling question. Dd1 told me she wants to do "body science" for a while. She'd like to get some dental disclosure tablets and see what happens inside her mouth.

I can't find any.....
#2 of 16 Old 03-20-2007, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
you mean the red ones? I would just ask your dentist if they have any around. i f not i would check out crest's web site and see if they have a dental whatnot packet available to educators or something. They were always they ones who sent the stuff to our school. My mom would never let me use the tablets.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#3 of 16 Old 03-20-2007, 02:49 PM

There is a new pre-rinse by Listerine called "Agent Cool Blue". It turns the plaque on your teeth blue

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#4 of 16 Old 03-20-2007, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My only concern with these tablets or rinse is the synthetic dyes they contain. Personally, I'd rather do a lesson on the dangers of synthetic dyes than use such dyes to learn about dental health!

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#5 of 16 Old 03-20-2007, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

She's allergic to wheat and citrus and spends her life not being able to have what everyone else has....so I've eased up on talking about dyes more than I would have!

She saw the disclosing tablets on Ruff Ruffman on TV and thought it would be fun to "test" her brushing.

The Crest site has them for teachers whose school has registered their enrollment data....

That "Agent Blue" is a good idea, but I was hoping to avoid this being more than a 1 time thing....although with dd, it could be a while before she's collected all the info from it that she wants!
#6 of 16 Old 03-20-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chfriend View Post
That "Agent Blue" is a good idea, but I was hoping to avoid this being more than a 1 time thing....although with dd, it could be a while before she's collected all the info from it that she wants!
http://www.yourproductsamples.com/DM...d8636?sud=2334

go here for a free 2 use sample

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#7 of 16 Old 03-20-2007, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

You make your way through all that stuff, then you have to sign up for some offer you'll have to cancel....but thanks for trying!
#8 of 16 Old 03-20-2007, 05:12 PM

How about your dentist's office? Mine doesn't carry the red tablets, but did have a bottle of blue drops that they could put a couple of drops on the tongue and then swish it around their mouth. I don't remember how much they cost as it was quite a while ago.

Shianne
I am just me. Cert. HHP and Herbalist and mom to three wonderful home educated boys.
#9 of 16 Old 03-20-2007, 06:44 PM

I asked my hygenist about them... and she said she hadn't seen them around in years. We use "Agent Blue"... DS1 loves it.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#10 of 16 Old 03-20-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chfriend View Post

She saw the disclosing tablets on Ruff Ruffman on TV and thought it would be fun to "test" her brushing.
That is so funny...we (who watch almost no tv) watched that episode, and my dd is now obsessed with re-enacting the experiments..she makes lists and "tests" (i.e. examines closely by eye) various members of our family (me, the cat, her sister) for how much bacteria we have.

Last time I beat out the cat, but I noticed her most recent list gave me a "C" rating for my mouth hygeine.

I look forward to hearing if you find anything, I hadn't thought of actually trying to get my hands on the disclosing tablets.
#11 of 16 Old 03-21-2007, 06:45 AM

You can put ordinary red food colouring in water and swish it about to get the same effect.
#12 of 16 Old 03-21-2007, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Agent Blue it is....

pinky, R Rman is on when I get off work on Fridays. We snuggle on the couch and watch it together. It's such an amazing show. dd wants to do *everything* they do on the show....she wants to go to Plymouth when we're in Boston because of that episode.

And we're low-TV watchers as well. She's a little nuts over Cyberchase, Zula Patrol and R Rman. So if she's home (which she's not that often), she'll go catch those.
#13 of 16 Old 03-21-2007, 05:27 PM

Hmm...I haven't found that Agent Cool Blue actually discloses any plaque on my son's teeth (and I KNOW it's there). Everytime we use it, we've been disappointed. Anyone have any tips to make it work betteR?

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#14 of 16 Old 03-22-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmie981 View Post
Hmm...I haven't found that Agent Cool Blue actually discloses any plaque on my son's teeth (and I KNOW it's there). Everytime we use it, we've been disappointed. Anyone have any tips to make it work betteR?
We are trying it - the plaque we found was mainly on the back teeth - so try a flashlight.

I agree with the other moms about this being an occasional thing. We tried it because ds2 saw it at a friend's house, but to me it is just one more unnecessary chemical. It did, however, get them to brush better on the back teeth.

We also use the flossers instead of floss for ds2 because it is much easier for his little hands to manage.

Warm wishes,

Lucie
#15 of 16 Old 03-23-2007, 01:22 AM

I just found some on ebay that only had 2 min left of them so I bid and won. If you would like to have a couple PM me for my address. If you send me a SASE (padded is probably better) I'll put a couple in the mail for you. Timmy will love these since we're working on learning about the decalcification of bone and teeth for science right now.

#16 of 16 Old 03-23-2007, 04:04 AM

Wow, we've had no problem getting those tablets! Rite Aid, Target, Fred Meyer, Walgreens, all of them here have them. Older ds uses them every now and then. We also have the agent blue mouth wash, doesn't work as well as the tablets.

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page