HOw do you homeschool your kindergartner? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 03-20-2007, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I need to decide which way to go about HSing, whether to use a curriculum, or individual books (if so, which books?) or something else. I would like to know how other moms approach HS for kindergartners age?
Also how do you schedule each day what to teach and how long does the teaching usually last each day? Do you teach 4 or 5 days a week?
TIA

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
#2 of 30 Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 PM

here's a cut paste from another thread i posted at:

my daughter is in kindergarten and this is the scope and sequence i use to teach her everything (with the exception of math and phonics, which i use explode the code, happy phonics, and saxon math).

free scope & sequence
http://www.baltimorecp.org/lessons/lesson_titles.htm
i use unit studies based on this scope and sequence.

free unit studies
http://www.baltimorecp.org/lessons/draft_lessons.html
(these lessons go hand in hand with the scope and sequence i use exactly, but i use other unit studies for holidays and fillers, etc. scroll down to the grade you want)

http://www.ckcolorado.org/lessons/kinder.asp
these are unit studies also.

http://www.coreknowledge.org/CK/resrcs/lessons/K.htm

http://www.learnnc.org/lessons/search?grade=K
fun K unit studies from NC state site, can be used as fillers.

free reading program from tanglewood:
http://www.tanglewoodeducation.com/ReallyReading2.pdf

free math program
http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/proje...ry/default.htm
scroll down to year 1

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

#3 of 30 Old 03-20-2007, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the link.
I just visited the homeschoollibrary.
A lot to read...
Do you know any free curriculum info like this for Pre-K?

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
#4 of 30 Old 03-20-2007, 04:05 PM

we are somewaht eclectic so we use alot of different resources but mainly i try to follow my dd's lead.

so far she has been interested in dinosaurs, animals and american girl series.

I started a binder of cool ideas...stuff I can pull out if she is looking for something new to do or it is a miserable day.

you could call it a curriculum binder (according to the state) but we don't...*laughs*

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#5 of 30 Old 03-20-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallyspeaking View Post
Hi,
I need to decide which way to go about HSing, whether to use a curriculum, or individual books (if so, which books?) or something else. I would like to know how other moms approach HS for kindergartners age?
I wrote an article that explains my own way of thinking on it - after having repeated various parts of it in varous posts over and over throughout the years - A Homeschool Curriculum for Preschool and Kindergarten, and the article leads to a whole page of organized links. Beneath the box of article links at the top is an annotated list of links to lots of websites that have great ideas for activities with little ones. - Lillian
#6 of 30 Old 03-20-2007, 04:22 PM

just scribin cuz i have a 4 year old thats sonn to be 5 and we are hs'ing- thanks for the links
#7 of 30 Old 03-20-2007, 04:23 PM

We are using Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons, and sometimes we do some math worksheets. We also do "several times per week" devotions, attend a formal Bible study once during the week, and Children's Church on Sundays. Aside from taht, it's mostly digging in the dirt, playing chess and other games, playing with legos and pattern blocks and dominoes, playing on the computer, reading library books, doing artsy stuff, running around and playing with friends, learning how to behave in different situations/places, homeschool park days and homeschool PE, some "home ec" stuff like unloading the dishwasher, occasional vacuuming, picking up his messes, and helping cut up veggies for dinner. That's about the gist of our kindergarten program.
#8 of 30 Old 03-20-2007, 05:53 PM

letteroftheweek.com
#9 of 30 Old 03-20-2007, 06:00 PM

My ds is already reading so we don't do any formal reading lessons. I just have him read with me a little bit every day. Then we do one of the math lessons from here - http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/proje...ry/default.htm

Other than that, I really follow his lead. We check out tons of books from the library, draw, play... He's also taking a really fun science class once a week. We're pretty laid back about it. I'm not sure what we'll do next year, but for now this is working for us.
#10 of 30 Old 03-20-2007, 06:05 PM

We use Enki Education and Oak Meadow for Kindergarten. Between the two, we have a daily rhythm that on "good" days looks like this:
*get up and eat breakfast
*circle time verses/sensory integration movement activities
*read weekly story (we do a fairy/folk tale and/or a story aimed at a particular letter and/or a nature story each week - this week has been The Tale of Peter Rabbit plus a story about a little cloud; I also add to this with other books and stories)
*free/creative play, shower time, get dressed ...
*contracted time together - can be doing something in our main lesson book (including doing some speech work with ds#2) or reading together or drawing or even playing/building with blocks, depending on whether the baby is up or asleep)
*lunch
*read, quiettime/naptime
*snack
*outside play
*art/craft time or depending on everyone's mood/energy/etc. we will watch some pbs kids (we aren't TV free ... though we moderate the viewing)
*prepare dinner/kids have free time
*eat dinner
*play with daddy, shower, read stories ...

In all, we probably spend a total of 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours of time doing specific "school" things. But, both Enki and OM have helped me incorporate a better rhythm to our lives. And of course, that is almost daily interupted by speech therapy, roller skating with Grandma, running errands ... but except for Wednesdays, we typically get through circle time, story reading, and a small lesson with our main lesson books before lunch (for instance, today I took my binder in the car with us and read our nature story to ds#1 while ds#2 was in speech; while we waiting outside in the drizzle (ds's idea ) we did a couple small movement songs together).

I love the blending of Enki and OM (though would probably take flack from purists of either camp! ) and will continue to blend the two curriculums as long as I can. HTH

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#11 of 30 Old 03-24-2007, 01:46 AM

We started out using The Reading Lesson for reading, Singapore Earlybird Math, and ETC 1 for phonics and then just books from the library. I am also homeschooling a 2nd grader and I felt like my Kindergartener was getting left out so I purchased MFW Kindergarten for him. Big mistake. The phonics and math were way too easy for him. They have cool activities and book suggestions but I HATE following the TM the way it is laid out (but I have no problem following Adventures, which btw we LOVE) so we ditched it and guess what we are doing now? The Reading Lesson for reading, ETC 1 for phonics and he just started MUS Alpha, oh and books from the library. He does some of the activities and reading with his brother's Adventures program. I tell ya, that kid knows more geography than any other kid his age I know: Even my 3 yo loves to follow along with the state coloring sheets. I handed her her US map yesterday and asked her if she knew where Georgia was; I about fainted when she pointed right to it

Jenny
#12 of 30 Old 03-24-2007, 03:23 AM

Well, you didn't say you were hung up on the idea of a curriculum...so here's what we do.

We are unschoolers and so don't follow any learning schedules or curricula. We take trips to the library every week, as well as our local Science World and usually the Aquarium once a month. DD takes gym classes once a week at a gym club, and during the winter we took a weekly series at our local Ecology Centre (covered bugs, soil, birds, etc).

This fall she starts "Kindergarten" through a registered homelearners program (also called "distance learning") through a local school district. While it does list a curriculum, there are no strict criteria for meeting them. In other words, going to the grocery store could count as social studies and math, lol. We're going to use it because they offer a lot of free programs run during the day and designed for homelearners. It's a test run of the program and I'm a bit on the fence b/c again, we are unschoolers at heart and my kids learn so much just by leading me to their interests, asking questions.

Just something to consider: kindergarten seems to be this "magical age" when people imagine that kids really start "learning". But honestly, I feel that until kids are around 7 or 8 they aren't really able to sit still and do a meaningful class on, say, science or history. By that I mean something more indepth than what they could do with you, at home, or just living Life. My DD is very interested in science and nature and I'm sure when she is a bit older will want to participate in many such programs. But for now she is content to be with me and just play and be a kid. As excited as I am to "start homeschooling", the truth is we have been all along, and there is plenty of time for her to still be a little kid at home. All this babbling to say, there's no need to start something formal just b/c your kid will be turning five that year, kwim?

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#13 of 30 Old 03-24-2007, 04:19 AM

Lillian J: I love the besthomeschooling.org Thank you.
#14 of 30 Old 03-24-2007, 10:23 AM

We are unschoolers so our approach may not appeal to you, but here it is anyway:

My kids pretty much do whatever they want. I read to them a lot. I answer all their questions. If they have an interest, we look it up on the internet. We get books/videos from the library. We visit a place that's related to their interest. I don't push them to do anything.

My five year old reads and does math without ever having formal instruction. She's also an amazing artist, so I give her lots of time to work on her art. From our reading, she has a large collection of knowledge about everything from dinosaurs to space to ancient Egypt to Native Americans to the difference between mammals and reptiles. She takes a Spanish class, per her request. Recently she wrote a letter of protest to the government.

My four year old is beginning to write and does simple math. He is extremely physical, so I give him lots of time to pursue physical activities. My son knows a lot about trains, racecars, pirates, vikings, and hockey. Recently he learned how to spell his name.

I can't imagine how sitting my children down and "teaching" them would result in them having a larger wealth of knowledge or interests. There is no way I could ever have taught them all they know, nor would it have occurred to me to "teach" them all they know.

HTH!

Namaste!
#15 of 30 Old 03-24-2007, 10:35 AM

We have a totebag with our STUFF and we homeschool anytime of the day, and not always at home (this week we were at my parents house twice, and waited till after dinner twice. He seems to sit for it better in the evenings). Following a schedule doesn't seem to fit us, we tried it. We tried several different schedules. And just being really laid back has fit. The rest of the day he sometimes asks to help with chores (folding towels and cleaning windows are his favorites), but mostly theres lots of imaginative play with castles, knights, dragons, dinasours. Video games are not too limited, sometimes if thats all they are doing i'll suggest something else. Play outside - we have a nice big backyard. We have park day once a week (Wednesdays) and try to get out of the house several times a week and see people. For my own sake as well as the childrens!!!

In our totebag is - An alphabet workbook that my son helped me choose from Mardels (he is a very reluctant reader so we set aside anything phonics for awhile). A set of ABC cards that we use to make words. A set of number cards 1-100 used for games for number recognition, or for when we are using manipulatives to do addition and want to set out the problem. His penmanship book (which he also helped choose). His Kumon Numbers workbook (dot to dots and color by number). Crayons, glue stick, scissors, pencils. His binder & notebook (when we make words or math problems with the cards he writes them into his notebook). Whatever chapter book we're reading out loud - right now we are in between because he says he doesn't like any of the suggestions i've made. I think thats it. Oh and his little Encyclopedia that he found at the homeschool store and just had to have. We do science/social studies sporadically at the moment, using books (library) and hands on projects and websites to learn.

It looks like a lot laid out but we get through what we do in under an hour, that is all he can handle.
#16 of 30 Old 03-24-2007, 11:24 AM

I love the idea of a toto bag. I have been trying to figure out how to keep all my home school stuff together. We are not useing any formal curriculum. I was a sped teacher I have pretty much been a stay at home mom since my first was born. I really believe that the hands on learning is the best for the early grades. I do want to get a copy of workbooks on reading and one math( I am not sure how much we will use them) but it would be a easy way to keep track of progress. Our extended family is is not to keen on the idea of homeschool. ALthought I can see how much she is learn being with her everyday.
#17 of 30 Old 03-24-2007, 12:13 PM

Dharmamama,

Your 5 year old dd sounds so much like my 5 year old son. We unschool also. My 5 year old is about to be 6. He would have otherwise been in K this past year. He also reads and does math without instruction. Although on the reading, we did help him in the form of sitting with him and helping him sound a few words out. Then, he got the hang of it. I attempted to provide some informal phonics instruction at one point but he was disinterested. I'm not sure how he's learning to read, to be completely honest, but he's making so much progress on his own. It's fascinating to me.

We don't really have a formal routine. We are introverts so my kids crave having time at home doing their own stuff. They mostly play all day. We do lots of field trips when the mood strikes us. We are frequent visitors of the Art Museum, the library and the Natural History & Science Museum. We seek out kid-friendly programming in the arts. We even found an opera for kids ("The Toy Shop") a few months ago. My kids are very enthusiastic about new things. I just follow their lead, for the most part. My oldest can talk very intelligently about space, dinosaurs, art, basic geology, and basic chemistry.

It works really well for us. I know it's not for everyone, but since you asked what folks were doing for K, I thought I'd share what we do. It sounds like we do nothing but my kids are learning all the time. Sometimes, I'm not sure how they learned some things. And they spend a lot of time in unstructured, adult-free play, which I believe is developmentally essential for long-term thinking skills.

HTH!
#18 of 30 Old 03-24-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmamama View Post
There is no way I could ever have taught them all they know, nor would it have occurred to me to "teach" them all they know.
I have learned so much from my 5 year old. I guess we all teach each other in my family. Before I had kids, I had absolutely zero interest in outer space, for example. And I failed chemistry. But my son basically taught me or led me to learn about these things. I would have never thought to have taught them to him at this point. And actually, I know a decent amount about how car engines work, thanks to ds1 and dh.
#19 of 30 Old 03-24-2007, 02:02 PM

haven't read all the replies yet, so hope I'm not repeating.
We kept if very casual in K.
I used Five in a Row -- where you read one picture book everyday for a week and do one or two activies related to it each day. That was our "curriculum" them we spent lots of time at parks, the zoo and museums. And reading lots of other books that were his choice.
#20 of 30 Old 03-24-2007, 09:19 PM

We're a lot like LeftField's family. Dd1 is not officially kindergarten age until fall, but I don't plan to change much of anything. Dd1 reads constantly about everything under the sun and I answer questions and provide supplies. My girls spend hours in their own imaginative play. We also attend lots of arts events, frequent the library, etc.

I often think that my dd1 should be a curriculum designer. She has a way of sort of developing a series of lessons from everything. For example, when she was reading The Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, she explored everything from a London street atlas, the music to Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Cats," to Greek mythology and the muses (after she had to look up the word terpsichorean and wanted to know about the other muses). She also spent weeks with a joke book learning what people think is funny and also figuring out the double meanings that make the jokes work. She has also spent a lot of time this week poring over Hathor the Cowgoddess cartoons and talking about the issues.

I never did anything as cool as her self-designed projects in kindergarten, that's for sure.
#21 of 30 Old 03-25-2007, 01:25 AM

I just have to mention how impressed I am with the diversity of approaches in this thread!
#22 of 30 Old 03-25-2007, 01:02 PM

We loosely follow Five in a Row. He's really a bit advanced for most of the ideas but it's stuff that we talk about. He loves the stories.

We use Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons and he does a first grade math workbook whenever the fancy strikes him.

For science we're pretty unschoolish. We live on a farm so he's exposed to a lot of earth science just by virtue of being here.

For history he listens to The Story of the World Ancient World, which is what my seven year old is doing for history (we use a lot of library books for history as well).

He's also learning Russian and German but in a conversational way.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#23 of 30 Old 03-25-2007, 01:40 PM

We take walks, visit the pond, play with other kids, take classes like creative movement, soccer, etc.
We are doing Five in a Row and do some of the suggested activities and come up with some on our own.
We do lots of art...have stamps out one day, water colors on another...

And we read lots and lots. We visit the library 1/x week and get new books each time.

My kids are really into the Magic Treehouse series...and they are learning a lot from those stories.
#24 of 30 Old 03-26-2007, 03:26 AM

I guess we qualify as unschoolers, in that we don't use a curriculum.

Monday and Tuesday are open right now. Ds1 will start up his cooking class on Monday afternoons again in a few weeks - it's an enrichment class through his old preschool. He loves it. But Mondays or Tuesdays we generally meet up with a friend or go the playground or stay at home and do stuff.

Wednesdays we have gymnastics in the morning, then we come home and meet up with my mom for our day out together. We go with her across town to this great little neighborhood. She goes to her chiro appointment while I play with the kids at the kid's consignment store. Then we all go have lunch at this fabulous little place - we're considered regulars so my son gets a real kick out of chatting up our waiter. Then ds1 has his speech appointment, and we come home and hang out with my mom.

Thursday mornings ds2 has his speech appointment at our house, so ds1 and I often spend the whole hour reading together. Then we either go to HS Park Day, or see a friend, or do whatever.

Fridays dh works out of the house, but we try to let him get some time alone in the morning so I take the kids to the playground. Then in the afternoon we often all go somewhere together.

Some of the stuff we do when we don't have socials plans are: go to the zoo, the Discovery Center, read, draw, go to the playground, bake, go to the grocery store, etc.

I am planning on putting together some projects over the weekend so I have them ready to pull out during those moments when we have nothing to do and the kids start begging me for tv. He always loves any sort of science experiment I pull together, so I need to do more of that. I just bought a Science in a Bottle kit today at Borders.

Ds1 loves his phonics programs on the computer (Headsprout, Starfall, etc.), and he loves to write letters to people. That and reading pretty much constitutes our "teaching him to read."

He knows basic math, and I keep some workbooks in the car for when we're stuck waiting somewhere. He likes to do them for about 20 minutes or so, and then he's bored. He decided he wanted to make some money, so he's collecting recycling. We turn that in and he gets to keep the money. Our first visit he got $.78. (That's what happens when we drink mainly water!) But I'm hoping he can learn something about money and math out of this activity, not to mention environmental responsibility.

I go to the library by myself usually, as I find it difficult with both kids. Ds2 tries to escape and run screaming through the place, and ds1 just bugs me about checking out videos. But once ds2 is a bit older I plan to start going more regularly with the kids.

Yesterday morning (Sat) we met up with a HS group for a tidepooling excursion at the beach. That was awesome! I'm just now branching out from our local HS group (which doesn't do much of anything outside of Park Day) to do more fun stuff with other HSers, even if it means driving further.
#25 of 30 Old 03-26-2007, 11:04 AM

I read to my daughter a lot. We read "Bob" books together and she's really progressing with those.

We do art projects using mostly paints...water, acrylic (her favorite).

She plays computer games and leapster games that are educational (mostly). Leapster letters on the loose is pretty cool.

We use manipulatives for patterns and counting. Also, we use Singapore math for kindergarden math.

She will take classes, probably cooking, art, music and sports.

We visit museums,see plays, take care of plants/animals, travel and talk about where we're going and generally talk a lot.

Wow, I guess we do more than I thought!

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#26 of 30 Old 03-26-2007, 12:53 PM

I should add that Alex currently takes dance class (combo ballet/tap with some tumbling), Musikgarten, and two art classes. One is really just a kind of crafty class for homeschooled kids through Michael's craft store but the other is a 'real' one at an art school.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#27 of 30 Old 03-26-2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallyspeaking View Post
Thanks for the link.
I just visited the homeschoollibrary.
A lot to read...
Do you know any free curriculum info like this for Pre-K?

http://www.ckcolorado.org/lessons/kinder.asp

http://www.coreknowledge.org/CK/resrcs/lessons/K.htm

these links both have pre-k - just click on "preschool" to the left. also try www.letteroftheweek.com i only use the vocabulary words from this site, but a lot of mommies from here use this for pre-k and really love it! and it's free too

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

#28 of 30 Old 03-26-2007, 03:50 PM

I agree that 5 isn't somehow the magical age where academic learning needs to start happening. All kids are different of course, but in general the 7-8 range (as a PP mentioned) seems to be holding true for my kids, with "need" defined as what they're naturally drawn to.

My daughter is five, so if she were in school currently she'd be in kindergarten. Her days are still filled primarily with imaginative play (as it was when I was in school in kindergarten, but no more as I understand it,) arts and crafts, and she likes having books read to her. She has philosophical interests, but none that would be regarded as academic. My boys were starting to do story-problem math in their heads at that age, nothing on paper though.
#29 of 30 Old 03-28-2007, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
wow it sure is nice to hear from so many schoolin' mamas. I'm surprised at all the outings everyone does. We live in rural ak and so if the temp drops to -40 for a few weeks we don't go anywhere. My ds is just 6, starting to sound out and read, adding and subtacting to 20 and is still learning to tell time. With that said she makes a mean loaf of cinnamon sugar bread and knows how to start and drive(not alone!) both the snowmachine and 4 wheeler. I just don't believe school stuff is the most important. We do workbooks even though she isn't crazy about it but we also put eggs in vinegar to dissolve the shell and make Co2. Balance is what I'm hoping for so if the whitecoats do come for us we can literally throw the books at them but also have her feel and know that knowledge is power and learning isn't a burden. The neatest thing is hearing her 2yr ds give her number and letter answers cause he's listening too. I'm learning to just look up the states curriculum and incorperate them without jumping through their hoops. Ak is great cause if wanted they'll provide up to $3000 a year for hs but I just don't like to answer to others plus the mandatory standerdized tests....life truly is learning
#30 of 30 Old 03-29-2007, 09:34 AM

Well I have changed a lot since starting h.s. last fall after trying public school. I ordered a curriculum and all but quickly realized that if we did all that was set for us to do it would be way too much and kinda threw out what I wanted and went on our way. Dd is an eager learner and has blown me away with her reading. She started at about 4 and just turned 6. I can hardly believe how quick and easy it is for her. It always was for me too and I still love to read.
She wanted to learn cursive writing so we have done that too.
Worked on basic math.
She was interested in the U.S. and states and capitals and maps ......
Magic Tree house books, going through those like water she loves for me to read those to her.
Her latest obsession is ancient Egypt and mummies she cannot get enough of them. I lucked out and got a huge, encyclopedia of ancient Egypt book at a local bookstore for 10 bucks I swear it weighs 5 pounds and is HUGE!!! great pics and all.
We have been identifying a lot of birds over the winter and spring.
At this point I am still trying to keep up with her reading without overwhelming and frustrating her I am just a bit blown away at how much they can know at this age .....without drills and lectures and all that it really is cool!!!!

I even think maybe the in-laws are thinking that maybe this homeschooling isn't such a terrible, wacky thing to do....dare I say ?!

We have art class/instruction on Monday for an hour.
Tuesday we have h.s. gymnastics class.
Three Thursdays a month are h.s. gym.
She is in 4-h
She is a daisy scout.
We go bowling at least once a month with h.s. friends.
We try to do all field trips.
We will go to the h.s. park days when warm enough.
We try to have friends over.....

Used to go to church as well but found our pastor was not very supportive of homeschooling he has made several negative comments about it and the kids/people that do it and we quit going.

I think I have more confidence than when first starting for which I am very grateful.

:energ y

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page