Mothering Forum banner

I need a reading primer with good pictures of people. Also, the Reading Lesson?

960 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  DharmaDisciple 
#1 ·
I need a good reading primer... a reading book like you'd have in school. One you'd use if you were first starting to decode words...something you'd see at the K or first grade level.

It has to have people in it. DD does not like stories about animals.
I'm thinking of something like Dick and Jane, but dd does NOT like the pictures of that.

I can't even think of what to google.

Any suggestions?

Also, anyone do The Reading Lesson... are all the stories in there about people, or not?

Tammy

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by quaz View Post
Also, anyone do The Reading Lesson... are all the stories in there about people, or not?
No, they are not.

My dad's first grade reading primer is called Day In and Day Out. He still has it, and I used to love to reading it when I was little. I's all about kids.

Ps. If you google "Alice and Jerry basic readers" you will get lots of hits.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dharmamama View Post
No, they are not.

My dad's first grade reading primer is called Day In and Day Out. He still has it, and I used to love to reading it when I was little. I's all about kids.

Ps. If you google "Alice and Jerry basic readers" you will get lots of hits.

OMG!!
No freaking way. My elementary school is actually named after the author. I did not know that. I'm guess I probably used these in first grade.
LOL!!!

Tammy

#9 ·
We use the Reading Lesson! I LOOOVE it! I used it to teach my oldest ds to read and am currently using it for my next child. It is absolutely wonderful and it really works well. The first two lessons are downloadable at their website www.readinglesson.com

Not ALL of the stories are about people. Some are about animals. Some are about objects. There is a variety. Best advice I can give is check out the sample lessons online and go from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.