Who uses the (Free) Waldorf Curriculum? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 06-14-2007, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the link! I think we will start some of this while we wait for our Enki curriculum

#32 of 42 Old 06-15-2007, 01:12 AM

Subbing...

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
#33 of 42 Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 AM

HI,
THanks for the link. I was wondering do they have free curriculum for kindergarten years and up or just preschool?
TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco_mama View Post
http://www.waldorfcurriculum.com/Ind...scription.html

How long are you planning on using it?

I am thinking about starting this for my dd and then maybe in the fall or next year start in using either the ENKI or Oak Meadow curriculum.

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
#34 of 42 Old 06-15-2007, 02:55 AM

Try here for all grades:
http://www.waldorfcurriculum.com/new...urric_pkg.html

Scroll down, past K and you'll see individual sections for grades 1-4, then there's a section for grades 5-8 (although, she states that she has no curricula available, she does offer some ideas for those grades.)

HTH.
#35 of 42 Old 06-15-2007, 07:13 PM

geez, this stuff is so cool. my ds is only 2-1/2 but i love reading about the different ideas. so, so cool! i only wish my public library was better stocked. there's lots of titles they just don't have :

eh. who needs a signature?
#36 of 42 Old 06-15-2007, 07:22 PM

Try talking to the children's librarian. He/ she may order items based on patron interests or have a form or something where you can submit titles (at least, I do. ) Also, try interlibrary loan for items you library doesn't have but maybe able to get from another library. Just be sure to find out if there's a cost for using that service.
#37 of 42 Old 06-15-2007, 08:20 PM

Surprisingly, even though we live in a pretty big city with a decent sized system, ours does not either. But I second the suggestion of heket ... our children's librarian knows we are hs'ers (and she is so cool too), and I have written her a letter before with ideas on books to buy when they have money. She has also asked in the past if there were any other titles that I would like to see in the library system.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#38 of 42 Old 06-15-2007, 08:33 PM

I've only done one spring unit and though our library is small and we live in a rural area, my librarian had some brought in from other libraries and I got almost all the books on the list. Looking through the kids books myself, I found a bunch of nice books to add to the unit myself.

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#39 of 42 Old 06-17-2007, 08:20 PM

how are the waldorf curriculums working for you? The insects and rythms looks good to me. i'd like to know more about your ttake/experience with enki.
#40 of 42 Old 06-17-2007, 10:08 PM

Thanks for sharing this - I've been wanting a prepared curriculum to look at while I prepare my own. I like the Waldorf concepts the most, but didn't want to use it exclusively. This fits my needs nicely.

Ravin I have a similar problem with the seasons. We live in the subtropics. I haven't live her long, and I'm still not entirely up on what grows when. It should be fun to learn.
#41 of 42 Old 06-22-2007, 11:43 AM

We're just Finishing up the Insect unit (started w/ families & doing them in order). There are definitely things we skip (some of the handwork stuff especially, my kids aren't into doing things w/ help so unless it's something I think they can do on their own, or the end result is something they will like (in which case I just do it & they can help/watch or not) and stuff we rearrange, but it provides a nice guideline to follow. Starting in the fall my friend's going to bring her dd over & we're going to do "school" together, so that should be interesting . . . it will force us to be more structured about it than we currently are. But overall, it meets our needs quite well. I didn't want anything academic or too rigid and because of that, didn't really want to spend money on a curriculum at this point, so this works well, providing ideas/structure when the girls are in teh mood for "school" but no big deal if we skip a week here or there.
#42 of 42 Old 11-30-2008, 09:25 PM

I believe these are no longer on the site... dose anyone have the PDF's saved? I had a "families" one, but no longer can find it (or any of them) and was really wanting to look them over.

TIA!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page