Mind your own beeswax, ********! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 103 Old 07-29-2007, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is ALL about the staff.
Our local county library has like...8 or so branches?
the one down by my house is Suh-Weet. Huge play area completely done in wondows with wondow seats with shelves under them for the board books, an astronomy ceiling with lit up constellations, tons of toys (90% puppets!) a little coloring table and small 6 person just for kids computer table with no internet, but kids stuff on them, like jumpstart K, 1, 2, Madeline, math blaster, etc. Plus there is a cafe and in the adult area, a fireplace they really turn on in winter with comfy chairs.....*sigh*
But the best part are the SUPER NICE library people, checkers and "real" librarians alike, plus we have the BEST storytime and everyone knows it! Also, kids movies are free as are CDroms, we get such neat software to try!

We'll go to one or 2 of the other branches if we happen to be out and about (the one i just described is actually second-closest to our house) so sometimes we'll just jet down to the tiny one a mile from our house or downtown to the "big" main branch. However, there are a couple I won't go to even if they happen to be on our route, contain 8 books we have reserved, and are offering free fricken ice cream, because the employees are SO FRICKEN MEAN! I do not need the stress of having some crabby witch of indeterminate age griping at DD because she *gasp* is ...NOT silent!

Wah.
I wanna go library.

We have Sunday hours during the school year, but not in the summer....so it's not open today....wah....

CPST
#62 of 103 Old 07-29-2007, 11:25 PM

10 books is too many? We bought one of those wheeled grocery carts just to use to get library books from the building to the van because I couldn't carry all of them in our cloth grocery bags. And we pretty much go weekly.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#63 of 103 Old 07-29-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhemina View Post
In an ideal world I would take ds to the library and encourage him to read and enjoy the books available. As soon as he lost interest we would leave. However, I have two other young library patrons in my charge who wouldn't get nearly enough library time if DS alone set the schedule. So, I play with him at the library as long as I can keep him pretty quiet and in the children's area. I do not let him randomly pull books off shelves (which, by the way, he would LOVE to do), but I do let him toddle as fast as his little legs will carry him up and down the picture book aisles. It's our family's compromise. But, since this isn't truly the *correct* way to behave at the library and we aren't the only patrons, am I being selfish?
I don't know, but I'm right there with you. Our library has a children's section that is very far from the adult section, and I've seen kids who are worse behaved than my youngest, but he's a toddler, and he's not going to be perfectly behaved. I don't have anyone to leave him with, and we can't afford to buy books instead of using the library, so we do the best we can. So far, I haven't been scolded by the librarian. We are lucky to live in an area where people seem to be tolerant of children behaving like children. We haven't always.

ZM
#64 of 103 Old 07-30-2007, 12:10 AM

Ive been to a few libraries where there were limits on the books.. But it was a pretty high number.. The limit and Audio books and VHS movies was a little lower though (2 movies and around 5 audio books)

Ive been in my new town for over a year, but just recently made it to the library and the limit here is 1 book for the first time.. and I guess no limit for any other time. If there is a limit, they never said

Anyway, our librarians seem really nice here. And Ive been blessed with only nice ones throughout all of my years

Ive only been to my new library 2 times now.. The first time my son was screaming his head off and running around... I was kind of embarassed.. Everybody was looking at me and my son like it was so horrible that he was making noise and stuff... The second time he was in a carrier so he could not run around.. He wasnt screaming... I got the book I wanted and was going to let him pick out a book, but when we got there, he started talking about the size of his penis!! : Once again, I left embarassed.

3rd times a charm right?
#65 of 103 Old 07-30-2007, 06:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwahine
no idea, its a big town, 3 branches of librarys, two are attached to schools!! So its pathetic, you cant research your project with more than 3 books now. you can get out more than 3 books, as long as they are from different sections, and being that ds is a kid, we are limited to 3 board books. I've noticed that using the self check machines it seems to override their limit though

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto l&a View Post
With the 2 libraries being attached to schools even makes that 'rule' worse IMO.

Those self check machines are smart
So what if you have a class of 20 kids doing a project on something. They all need books from the library, but the first 3 kids took all the relevant material with no limit. How are the rest supposed to read what they need to? A limit means that a rush like that can accommodate way more people.
#66 of 103 Old 07-30-2007, 03:46 PM

then there should be a limit on the non fiction books only......and they arn't really without, there are plenty of uncheckable reference books and the internet resources along with interlibrary loans.

But having the limits impossed library wise make every other non school person who doesnt have 20 kids needing the same topics book (which is a little absurd if I do say so myself, the teacher should have just checked them all out herself and kept them for in classroom use only) unable to get more than 3 books of any section... my toddler shouldnt suffer by being only able to take out 3 board books.
#67 of 103 Old 07-30-2007, 09:44 PM

yeah- we came from a town that actually had a children's library, a special branch of the library with shelves low enough for kids to reach, soft classical music playing on one side of the room, computers for at least 20 kids and drop-in storytimes, puppett play, guest speakers, etc. It was wonderful. Mrs Miles knew all the kids' names and the furniture was all child-sized.

THEN... we moved to this new town with the new library.

the walls are all cream colored. The librarians are all cranky old ladies. In order to go to story time you have to register (twice a year) and "be on the list" And they wonder why they hardly have any kids there- the lady, instead of making the stories fun, reads every word, doesn't talk about the pictures, and gets angry when the kids interrupt. The kids have their own "section" and if they're in the "grown-up section" looking for a book, they get shooed away, even my 10 yr old. It's ridiculous.

I wrote a letter to the library office, and explained my perspective. How will children learn to love reading and to respect library property, return things on time, be respectful of others' study time, etc if the librarian doesn't have the slightest basic regard for them as humans?

we have 4 branches in our town, and we specifically only go to one now, and i explained why in my letter to them. at our library the two women who run it are retired-from-homeschooling moms. It doesn't get any better than that!
#68 of 103 Old 07-30-2007, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

There's a spanking new sign at the library today:

"ALL CHILDREN 8 AND UNDER MUST BE WITHIN HUGGING DISTANCE OF PARENTS OR CAREGIVERS AT ALL TIMES!"

Hugging distance? Give me a freakin' break.

I'll have to comment later. I've already busted the UA once on this thread.
#69 of 103 Old 07-30-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed View Post

"ALL CHILDREN 8 AND UNDER MUST BE WITHIN HUGGING DISTANCE OF PARENTS OR CAREGIVERS AT ALL TIMES!"

That is just not cool.
#70 of 103 Old 07-30-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:

oh that is absurd!!:
#71 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 12:52 AM

I just want to say that I'm SO glad that my best childhood friend works at the library in my hometown.

The one in Tempe was better in a big-city, funded, has a play area and a coffee shop kind of way, but DD loves the computer activities and I can actually browse while she's on there without worrying about her because I know if she budges it'll be to come find me or my friend. The book selection is decent, and the catalog conveniently shows local school libraries and neighboring city libraries, so if what i'm looking for is there I'll know and save myself an ILL (or do the ILL from the neighboring city where it's free).

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#72 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter

So, what does this library do with kids whose parents or caregivers don't bother to accompany them to the library? Turn them out onto the street?

Sorry kid, no books for you. No storytime. No relief from the 100+ degree heat outside. No gentle adults to model love of learning. No opportunity. No future.

This place sux : .
#73 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 01:03 AM

Quote:

Oh my. I think I might have to talk to the head librarian about that. And if she supports the policy, the conversation might center around whether or not they have the right to make unreasonable rules, and who is next up the chain. I'm guessing that not everyone is aware that they've limited kids to 3 books each-- anyone with small kids would know that's absurd. And keeping an 8 year old within "hugging distance" ??!! : : They might as well put up a sign banning children.

That sign would have me considering, well, I don't know what. Calling the local consumer watchdog tv news team? Asking library-goers to sign a petition protesting the book limits? Suing the library for discriminating against children? I don't know if any of that would work.

I don't know what I'd do, but I'm mad for you. How horrible that someone has been allowed to defeat the purpose of the children's library.

ZM
#74 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 01:17 AM

Quote:
So, what does this library do with kids whose parents or caregivers don't bother to accompany them to the library? Turn them out onto the street?

Sorry kid, no books for you. No storytime. No relief from the 100+ degree heat outside. No gentle adults to model love of learning. No opportunity. No future.

This place sux : .
I agree, when I was 6, I used to walk home the long way from school (small military base) just so I could stop at the library and get books out. I used to check out a huge stack (20-30 at a time), all before electronic check out systems, and the librarians never once got mad at me being there alone, or tryed to limit how much I checked out. After a year they had to call my parents and ask them if I was allowed to check books out of the young adult and adult section because I had literally read EVERY book in the childrens area. My parents laughed and said sure. My library card )all paper, those little index cards they used to keep alphabetically) had 10 pages filled back to back by the time my dad got transfered to another base
#75 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 05:27 AM

Quote:

Sigh. I really try to keep out of things like this...

But I'm a :

Can I just say, from the flip side I can see where they are coming from? Libraries can be very unsafe locations. In my ten years, I have worked in at least 3-4 locations where a molester has pinned an unwilling victim (aka minor of elementary school age) in the restroom, who had been in the library without supervision (and the molester realized this fact.) Try as many librarians like, we cannot be in all locations, even though we may feel strongly on protecting our child patrons.

This is not to say the OP or anyone else who visits a library does not attend to their child. However, the flip side is, as a head of children's library department, that there are parents who do leave their children unattended for many hours while parents are at work (and I'm talk about 5+ hours in my working class neighborhood with children 5+ years in age, on average. Yes, some siblings will be younger with older, as in 5th grade, siblings to watch them.) Those parents feel that libraries are safe places, even though we do tell them otherwise. They simply cannot afford childcare for their children, and this is the best they can do.

I can't tell you how many times that parents/ caregivers have asked me if it was ok to leave their child(ren) in my charge while they were at work/ used a computer in another location / go grocery shopping, etc. (yes, grocery shopping was asked of me.)

I don't believe this is what the OP asked. I'm merely trying to display an example. Unfortunately it is an example that affects the OP.

I do know that there are parents who do not merely leave their child at a library without due regard. However, if a librarian does not know you nor your family personally, then we do not know that your child will be fine within a library facility. Some children are fine at young ages on computers, others will be older and in need of supervision that we cannot provide. There is a larger ideal that we are free daycare, that is saddening to me. (I am in a US library, BTW.)

Again, I do see your sadness as a parent that sudden blanket statements are made by librarians/ local libraries. But do realize, that these are not targeted at you but at a larger societal idea that your do not prescribe to. It is unfortunate, to me, that it has to even be said to parent/ caregivers. At the same time, realize that it may be a greater problem of your area. While you feel that your freedoms are now restricted, think of those parents who take no time to know or inquire as to what their children do all day. These are the parents I have to work with. It's not say they think less of their children, just that do not have time to think of their children. That fact allow, simply that its a fact, saddens me to no end.

To leave you with a more simple anecdote that happened today to me...

In general, (and maybe this is merely to me, a librarian), it goes that cell phones calls of extended length are not accepted. However, today, a woman in our children's room received a cell phone call. She had a mentally challenged young woman with her of teenage years, (that I felt she was ignoring.) I said nothing because they were the only two people in the room, at the time the first call came through.

The woman received a second phone call on her cell (the first was about 15 minutes.) On the second call she told the phoner that she was at the library. I'm guessing at this, but I feel the phoner asked if it was ok for the woman to be on the phone or something similar. She answered that the woman in the room was busy on the computer (um, I didn't realize my work to update SRP files and look at the daily paper for what's going on constitutes "busy at a computer") and that no one had told her to stop her conversations. Mind you, she was quite loud, lest I could say that I didn't care about her colonscopy nor that she wasn't receiving some kind of reimbursement for a specific dollar amount due to her insurance.) What struck me most was the comment that she was fine in talking for unlimited lengths because, "well, no one has told me otherwise." : Um, you seem to recognize that a library is a place to read or study. Why do I have to tell you to be quieter or end your call when you've just admitted to me that you should?

Why should I have to have told her to be more quiet or use a courtyard when she already knew and said so to whomever was on the phone?

I guess what I'm getting at is that librarians do know the faithful patrons and that those aren't the people who we made these "crazy" policies for. Chances are, if you talk to your librarian, we'll make an exception. We do realize that some policies are drastic, but that we have to implement them for those who won't abide to simple rules. Also, don't think that librarians are for the policies simply because they are there. Many of us need members of the community to write letters to change a policy. In some cases there are those of us who do not agree with what's been decided. However, not being citizens of the jurisdiction, we can't change the policies of the library or library board. In those cases, believe it or not, citizens have the most say and we really do need letter written to council member, mayors, county board members, etc.

My library needs a LOT -- a branch or two, extra children's staff members, an entire separate team of teen librarians. Until the community members of my city wake up to this fact, it won't happen. There's only one city library in my hometown (I work where I live), and the simple fact that there's one city library with a children's department of 3 to service a city of 34,000 kids between 5-18 yo is a very sad, sad fact. In fact, we are trying to hire a teen librarian, but the position is slated to be 20 hours with no benefits. Let alone who wouldn't want that kind of position, how useful could that be? I'm trying to work with our director to make this a full time position, but at the moment, our city doesn't see the value of full time librarians.

What, for me, would change that is community input. However, it's not forthcoming, despite the large numbers we get for those who simply take a book off the shelf.
#76 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 08:35 AM

Ugh!

I *so* know how you feel.

We run into this problem about every other move or so (we've lived in four states and moved five times since DS was born).

Ultimately my solution is to try and figure out the librarian's work schedules.

We currently have one very challenging children's librarian and we try not to use the library on days she's alone. Luckily most of the other ones are fabulous and there are even a few I'd love to have over to our house.
#77 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heket View Post
...I guess what I'm getting at is that librarians do know the faithful patrons and that those aren't the people who we made these "crazy" policies for. Chances are, if you talk to your librarian, we'll make an exception...
The infant-preschooler reading area, complete with a few puzzles and a drawing table, is just across a walkthrough area from the computer terminals.

I"m sure it must be tempting for parents without computer access at home to drop their kid in the reading area and plop down to surf the web 15 feet away, within viewing distance of their child.

It strikes me as very funny and ironic that the case which inspired them to post their little sign was one in which the child was working at the computer and the adut was kicked back in the kids' area reading magazines .

ETA: We are faithful patrons - about two visits and 20+ books per week - and they do know us. I think they are just miffed that a tiny child is on the computer and they don't care enough to differentiate between a child working responsibly and one who is abusing the equipment. It probably doesn't help that dd, at 3.5 yo, is very small for her age and could probably pass for a 2 yo until you hear her speak.
#78 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 12:08 PM

"Hugging distance?!"

Imagine a mom with three or four little ones in that age range? They'd have to form a little huddle and bustle together through the stacks like this to meet the criterion. How ridiculous. How about making rules about respect for property and other patrons regardless of age?

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#79 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
It strikes me as very funny and ironic that the case which inspired them to post their little sign was one in which the child was working at the computer and the adut was kicked back in the kids' area reading magazines
I guess I'm just failing to see how the posting of this sign is simply because of your child being on the computer.

As pp have mentioned, it seems going during the times the librarian is not there or visiting other local libraries may be your best option.
#80 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran View Post
"Hugging distance?!"

Imagine a mom with three or four little ones in that age range? They'd have to form a little huddle and bustle together through the stacks like this to meet the criterion..
#81 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I guess I'm just failing to see how the posting of this sign is simply because of your child being on the computer.
Sure, could be just a coincidence.
Quote:
As pp have mentioned, it seems going during the times the librarian is not there or visiting other local libraries may be your best option.
I'm a WOHM. I can't really plan my life around this librarian's work schedule. Also, we live in a rural area. There isn't another library.

But thanks for the suggestions.
#82 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 03:25 PM

My local library is awful, too, and we live rurally so there isn't another option right now. They recently put up a "no public restroom" policy, and have told my 2 and 4 year olds, while they are saying "Need to go pee, Mom" that they will have to go across the street to the courthouse. I have cleaned up a minimum of 3 potty messes that would have never happened b/c of htat policy adn I am not going back until it's changed. I have called the library board and complained (months ago) adn they decided (durring thier once per quarter meeting) that they didn't care, they were not changing the policy. So, now I have called several city council members and the local daycare centers who parton the library and we are all going before the library board in August. I am seriously hoping those old biddies (all retired school teachers DH hated in school) change the policy b/c after this the gloves are off and I'm starting letting writing to the local paper and the local TV station. That's just WRONG! They do have a perfectly fine facility, they just don't want anyone to use it, and I offered several suggestions such as making it have a key, asking children under a certain age to be acc. by an adult, ect, or at LEAST letting us use it in the case of emergencies, but they are unwilling to do that. I cannot just sit and take it, I pay my taxes and want to be able to use the library. I have small kids and they deserve to be allowed to use the library w/o embarassing messes. (BTW, my kids are both PT and have been for some time, they just cannot hold it 10 minutes until we get from the library to the grocerystore, in and out of hte carseats, ect.).
#83 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:

I can't tell you how many times that parents/ caregivers have asked me if it was ok to leave their child(ren) in my charge while they were at work/ used a computer in another location / go grocery shopping, etc. (yes, grocery shopping was asked of me.)

I don't believe this is what the OP asked. I'm merely trying to display an example. Unfortunately it is an example that affects the OP.

I do know that there are parents who do not merely leave their child at a library without due regard. However, if a librarian does not know you nor your family personally, then we do not know that your child will be fine within a library facility. Some children are fine at young ages on computers, others will be older and in need of supervision that we cannot provide. There is a larger ideal that we are free daycare, that is saddening to me. (I am in a US library, BTW.)

Again, I do see your sadness as a parent that sudden blanket statements are made by librarians/ local libraries. But do realize, that these are not targeted at you but at a larger societal idea that your do not prescribe to. It is unfortunate, to me, that it has to even be said to parent/ caregivers. At the same time, realize that it may be a greater problem of your area. While you feel that your freedoms are now restricted, think of those parents who take no time to know or inquire as to what their children do all day. These are the parents I have to work with. It's not say they think less of their children, just that do not have time to think of their children. That fact allow, simply that its a fact, saddens me to no end.

I am saddened and shocked that parents use the library as free "childcare" for their young children. That has to be just awful for everyone. But certainly it's possible to make a policy that requires adult supervision of children below a certain age without requiring the adult be right on top of them? I don't know what motivated the "hugging distance" rule, but it's hard to believe this particular policy is the best way to deal with it.

I guess it's possible they don't really mean "hugging distance", but my very rule-oriented dd#1 would interpret it literally, and she
would have a hard time enjoying using the library if she either needed to stay within a foot of me and her 2 siblings, or was constantly worried about getting in trouble.

It seems to me that library policies should aim to make the library work well for as many patrons as possible. Sweeping policies like those mentioned here don't do that, IMHO. In addition, I despise the instinct to make more rules because some people aren't following the existing rules. Lets just enforce the existing rules.

I am honestly sympathetic to the challenges you face, but that doesn't mean the library policies described by the OP are reasonable.

ZM
#84 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 06:25 PM

LOL! That is awesome.

We love Starfall. dd taught herself to read using that website.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#85 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 06:33 PM

Aww that is such a shame. FWIW, my old library did have a book limit, but only on topics... no more than 3 books per topic, only because they were a tiny library and didn't have many to begin wtih. LOL. Oh well... I hope things get better for you there. Maybe see when she's not working and schedule yoru library visits around her time off :-)
#86 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka5 View Post
Aw man, am I ever grateful for our amazing library where all the children's librarians know my two-year-old by name and a little about which books she likes.

I asked for mermaid books the last time we were in, and two librarians spent about ten minutes going back and forth finding books and discussing reading level and scary content issues with me. They really *care* about finding the right books, even for a two-year-old, even if the right books might be off the beaten path. (For the record, none of the books was the Disney novelization.)
Wow, can I go to your library?

Our librarians mostly ignore the kids, which (given some of the alternatives presented on this thread) looks good by comparison; however, whenever I've asked librarians for a book recommendation for my DD, the first thing they want to know about her is her age.

The problem with that is that her age and reading level are very different, and if I gave the age, they'd basically give me the wrong kind of book. This has happened even when I have said, "She's X years old, but reads at Y grade level." They've blown past "...but reads at Y grade level" and gotten books appropriate for an X-year-old. VERY FRUSTRATING. Finally, I simply refused to say and tried to gently redirect. The conversation went like this:

Me: Hi, I'm looking for a book for my dd.
Lib: How old is she?
Me: She loves all the Harry Potter books and has just finished OOP. She also loves Wrinkle in Time.
Lib: Well...is she in grade school? What grade is she in?
Me: We homeschool, so she's all over the place. Anyway, she also loves Eragon and has also read all the Unfortunate Events books. Do you have anything else that's not necessarily a series, but which preferably has a female heroine and is well-written and interesting?
Lib: Okay, well, you said she's how old?
Me: I didn't, but would you mind recommending a book for her?

ARRRGH.
#87 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Me: Hi, I'm looking for a book for my dd.
Lib: How old is she?
Me: She loves all the Harry Potter books and has just finished OOP. She also loves Wrinkle in Time.
Lib: Well...is she in grade school? What grade is she in?
Me: We homeschool, so she's all over the place. Anyway, she also loves Eragon and has also read all the Unfortunate Events books. Do you have anything else that's not necessarily a series, but which preferably has a female heroine and is well-written and interesting?
Lib: Okay, well, you said she's how old?
Me: I didn't, but would you mind recommending a book for her?
: Weird.
#88 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldamomma View Post
I am honestly sympathetic to the challenges you face, but that doesn't mean the library policies described by the OP are reasonable.
I completely agree about policies. I do not agree with how things were handled by the OP's librarian. I simply wanted to play devil's advocate for a moment.

Personally, if it had been me, once I realized that the OP's dd was in fact using starfall.com, I probably would've commented that my 4 yo and 2 yo also enjoy it. Try and strike up a bit of conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77 View Post
: Weird.
Yup. My first question would've have been what does she like or what are her interests. You can't simply play to grade because kids do vary from below to above their grade (as was mentioned.) Then I might have suggested The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi. (Assuming she hadn't read that already. )
#89 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:

Wow. When our brand, new, downtown library opened the children's section had almost the opposite policy. The bathrooms were for children ONLY-- so no adults in the bathrooms (the children's librarians gave out the key). But that was beyond my comfort zone for a 3 yo : Yah, I don't think that is still the policy (but my kids are older and we haven't needed to use those bathrooms).

I honestly think they were trying to make a "haven" specifically adapted to children-- and it is really is awesome with some of THE best children's librarians-- that was just a weird idea.
#90 of 103 Old 07-31-2007, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_pie View Post
..The bathrooms were for children ONLY-- so no adults in the bathrooms...
To prevent molestations, I wonder ??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page