Daily Devotional - EASY PLEASE!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2007, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for a GOOD and short and easy bible time for my 4 year old and 20 months old.

I want to spend like 5 minutes a day on this, mabye at breakfast time, but then some days when we have time-to elaborate into an art project or something like that.

I am also not real into some of the kids stuff I have seen because it is really "religious" and I am a seriously faith based christian-not the "You better follow the rules" kind of christian.

I would love a grace based cirriculum. does that make sense?

(Oh and cheap is good-or free!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2007, 03:28 PM

There are some free devotional links for kids on www.oldfashionededucation.com Look under kindergarden

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 08-26-2007, 04:06 PM

I just bought a devotional book off from christianbook.com called Beginning with God by Steve Barclift. We haven't started using it yet but it looks really good. The book is divided into 52 lessons to span a year. Each day you have something to do in regards to that lesson. So the first day, you read the story. The stories in all of the lessons follow the life of one family so it is a continuous theme. Then there is a Bible verse to learn one day and some follow up activities you can do to reinforce the story. I think dragging each lesson out for a whole week might be a bit much. I will probably start a new lesson every 3 or 4 days. I'm looking forward to doing this with my kids. I have an 8 year old and 5 year old.

Have you read the book "Grace Based Parenting"? Had to ask on account of the way you worded your question. I'm rereading the book now and it is so good!
Old 08-26-2007, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
One of the things we do for our devotionals is use a scripture story book. We just read the story and talk about it after. I have a collection of small reproductions of religious-themed artwork -- I might use one of those when we're talking about a scripture story. For instance, we were talking about the ten lepers one morning this past week (it was part of a larger lesson, though) and I had a print of a painting depicting the story. Before I told them what the story was about, I held up the picture and asked the kids to look at it and talk about it. Then we read the story (from the scriptures, not an adaptation) and my eldest summarized it (he told his younger brother what it meant).

I do plan, but the lessons are pretty casual. I use the children's Sunday school manuals from my church, mostly. They are intended to fill about 1/2 hour of class time, but I usually just do one or two parts of the lesson.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

User Tag List