Mothering Forum banner

Dinosaurs from Creation POV?

702 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Chi-Chi Mama 
#1 ·
Hey, ladies, am hoping someone out there can help me out. My son is interested in dinosaurs and I would like to do a study with him on them, but I really don't want to deal with the evolutionist view of time. Does anyone know of any books or curriculum or whatever that gives good solid information about dinosaurs without making an issue of the millions and billions of years ago?

#6 ·
#7 ·
There is a great Nova series on Evolution that pretty much stars a Christian geologist. I saw it a couple of years ago, and the best thing this young student said is "God is bigger than the box we've put Him in".

Even my mother, a newly minted Baptist, loved the program, as did her pastor. I should probably also say that they believe in evolution. That days are not literal days...whatever, kwim?

#8 ·
Cool! Thanks, Ladies! While I plan on one day exposing my kids to evolution, it's not where I want to start, but DS likes dinosaurs. And while I have a few books talking about how scientifically creation is just as likely (if not more so) than evolution, I can bring it down to a 5 yr old's level and right now just don't really have the time to do heavy research without some sort of directional arrow. So, thanks again!

#11 ·
We have a great dvd called Dinosaurs adn genesis that the kids really love that talks about how the dinosaurs were in the bible, The dvd made it fun through songs etc not just reading of opinions/facts.

We also have the book the great dinosaur mystery but have not read it yet.

Like you I plan on exposing my kids to evolution when they are older, then they can study both and see which theory resonates with them, but for now I teach creationism.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.