Enki families~ check in here! - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2014, 12:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have enki teaching guides, recorder, and christopherus materials grade 2 and kindy. They served me well. Now they are collecting dust on the book shelf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 02:47 PM

Hi gee mom, it's nice to read that you feel well served by your curriculum materials. Since becoming a mother I've become more interested in my own biography, and find it hard to find concrete information regarding my own early childhood experience. I'm personally planning to pass along my Enki curriculum materials to my children when they are adults so they know firsthand about their early experiences. I also look at it as a time saving factor for them if and when they have their own children because I spent so much time in the beginning searching for great materials. I will organize these items and store them in my storage space when they are no longer needed on my bookshelf. If I didn't have a future plan for my materials, I'd load them into my car when I go to the recycling center and drop them in the bin without a second thought, no reason to have a dusty shelf! 

Old 03-20-2014, 11:15 AM

We use Enki too :) I started this fall with first grade as my daughter didn't have a great experience in K. I love the materials and they have served my daughter well. Most of what you need for a complete school year is there, excepting craft materials and school supplies. There are even directions for games as well!

People tend to either love or hate Enki. I think one of the reasons is because implementing all of the material can be hard both because of the scope of what you are doing (I did say Enki was complete!) and because you do need to individualize for your child, and this means that not everything can be laid out for you in the way you might find with other packaged curricula. Having a supportive community is really helpful when implementing Enki because when others have done it before you, they can suggest how to modify a story or a game in a way that might help you out. Also, at times the directions can be confusing or even missing parts, so having others to help out is important sometimes!

Enki used to provide this community as part of their packages. In fact, that was the no. 1 reason I picked Enki over my other choices. However, as of tomorrow they will be shutting down their google community. There are other google groups you can join as well as a FB group sponsored by Enki. In addition, several other FB groups have popped up that are very helpful. They can be found by searching Enki on FB. This recent shift away from an Enki leadership-sponsored community was precipitated by the formation of a group on Facebook that used the name Enki in the title. The Enki Leadership was very upset about the use of Enki, even after the Facebook legal team chose not to shut the group down because it was not a legal copywrite infringement. The group also contacted several lawyers who also stated the group name was not a copywrite infringement. Despite this, the Enki leadership decided to remove members of the Facebook group from the Enki google community.

I'm including the last paragraph here because Enki will be changing their packages in the near future to reflect the loss of the community supported by the Leadership. In addition, if you choose to buy Enki, you will be joining during a time when there is a lot of upheaval and turmoil. In addition, a big issue like this seems to be cyclic event that happens every several years. People who have been with Enki longer than I have told of a similar issue about 2/3 years ago. So if you buy, please be aware of the issue going on now so you can understand. It's "my way or the highway" with them, and if you don't agree with the leaders and you speak up about it, you may eventually be forced to leave.

I love the Enki lifestyle and the materials I bought. I do feel it is well worth the money (understanding there is no included community anymore, and reducing the price for this) and the time investment to implement it. However, this issue has led me to not trust the Enki leadership's business. It is run as cottage industry, with a few people doing everything and without much sense of how a business should be run. Hopefully in the next few years they can change their ways so more people can enjoy the wonder of Enki without being subjected to the leadership's personal control issues.

Finally, I post this in response to the leadership's "call to action" to have current Enki users post positive reviews about Enki on the web, against a supposed campaign against Enki despite the fact that most of the people who were forced out of the Enki community actually enjoy the curriculum but did not agree with the decisions and actions of the leadership. This is my own real experience and I'm happy to discuss it more in detail through PM because I don't want to start a long discussion that will be viewed by Enki leadership as a smear, despite that fact that there is no negative campaign going on.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:08 PM

And yes, I know you're all about to come post a response. Please keep in mind it was a honest opinion on Enki and not an attack or smear. When I joined Enki I was asked to post my experience as part of CBE and I'm doing that.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:54 PM

I think information like that is helpful.  Enki does seem to be radically different from much of what is out there and it is important that people get multiple viewpoints.  I was perplexed, honestly, but the lack of information about Enki that was not produced by Enki itself.

Mothering an Autumn (08) , a Spring (11) , and another Autumn! (Nov. 2013)

Taking what works and leaving the rest

Old 03-20-2014, 12:54 PM

Hi!  I've been using Enki for about 5 years, and I have 3 kids with sensory issues, so I can tell you that both the movement work and the guidance with rhythm of the day are very helpful. Need to run, but wanted to say that I'm out here and have had wonderful experiences with Enki.

Susan

Old 03-20-2014, 01:42 PM

The situation is more involved than that.  If you go to the Enki Ed site, and follow the link to Enki Experience, there is a writeup about the issue from the Enki Leadership perspective.  I will just say that I agree with their viewpoint, and still am glad to have the materials. and that I am not worried about this transition time. 

Susan

Old 03-20-2014, 01:48 PM

I am a part of that group and have seen the posts about it.  It is complex, for sure, with many viewpoints.  This arose at the time I was attempting to purchase my package and I continued anyway, trusting my gut feeling that this curriculum is a good match for our family. 

Old 03-20-2014, 05:09 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Mothering.com. I'm homeschooling using Enki Education and I'm happy to find people here to connect with on this! I am using Enki 2nd grade and this is my first year. I cannot even express how much it has met my desires and needs for a homeschool curriculum. I used Christopherus 1st grade last year. It is a very sweet Waldorf curriculum, but it felt very limited from a cultural standpoint. I don't personally connect with everything Steiner. However I'm very grateful for it as it was a very effective bridge into Enki for me.

Enki is absolutely epically awesome!!! There is so much material in the 2nd grade package I could use it for 2 years and probably not do everything. It is incredibly nourishing with it's story telling base and is an education for me on childhood development and parenting in general. My son has a sensory processing disorder, ADD and an anxiety disorder. (plus suspected Aspbergers) Enki is truly therapeutic for him. I feel very very grateful that this material is something that he can associate with and is producing forward movement and momentum in his development. There are also consults available for purchase with the writers/leaders at Enki Education. Beth and Amy are two of the most engaging, understanding and insightful people I have ever had the privilege of speaking to about my son. This is saying something as he has been in professional therapy for years at our local children's hospital. 

I have been present throughout the upheaval with online support and while I have a heart for everyone involved I respect the leadership and definitely favor their viewpoint. They are in the midst of re imagining and restructuring the online support part of things, but I have total faith it will be even better.

I'm happy to find so many here with and/or considering Enki. The more the merrier! (-: And we can all help each other.

Amber

Old 03-20-2014, 09:42 PM

Hi,

Our family has used Enki curriculum since 2005. I have always found it to be a flexible adaptable curriculum. Beth is a wonderful source of support. She gives clear, insightful,and helpful feedback. We are going through the grades again with my youngest. It's so much fun and very different from the first time I went through. There are so many options that it's very easy to tailer to each child.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:32 PM

Hello, This is my first year using enki grade kindy and 1. It has been the best curriculum and way of life for us. It's not just schooling it guides and helps the parent/ teachers to live and fit homeschooling into our lives so it's a smooth rhythmic flow and not home life then school life. It's all one flow which makes life so easy for the kids and us the teachers/parents. Yes there is a lot to the package and takes time to sort out because its not just schooling like I said it's your whole rhythm of the day,week,month,year,life. But once I got the hang of it it is spectacular and makes homeschooling so much easier to blend with the rest of your life. The DVDs are great because you can keep going back to them to prepare for each block. And the music cd's for festivals, transitions, and circle movement time are great also. It took me two months to sort through it all and actually start. Then I added one thing at a time. Circle, main lesson, quite time, outdoor time so forth. Then before I new it a few months later I have a full schedule that works at the moment knowing I will always have to keep tweaking it according to our lifestyle. Now that I understand it I am set up really forever. It took time but at my own pace and it's a whole life rhythm that my children will carry on with them. Enki is not for everyone. You can use just bits for schooling or to help your whole life. That's what I love about it.
Regarding the leadership they are great. Some of the posts here are not the whole story. Always get both sides before deciding on anything. Every company goes through growing cycles and changes. They are still here to support us and are working on change for the better right now. That's exciting that this will get even better. But regardless of that it does not affect the material to help me and my family and I will be ordering grade two very soon. Looking forward to all the new material to read through for the summer.
tammilee
Old 03-21-2014, 08:29 AM

I've been using Enki originally starting with the Teaching Guides only when my little ones were PreK. Now we are in 2nd and K with the Enki Curriculum. Because I had a few other boxed curriculum before doing Enki I wanted to chime in here. The biggest thing I felt was missing from other boxed curricula (I used Oak Meadow and Waldorf Essentials- and while I enjoyed these and found them lovely and learned from the materials I felt they lacked the depth I was seeking) was substance.

With Enki from the first connection, for me, there was and is incredible depth. It's not light reading in fact I have always said it's much more than a home schooling program. It's really about you, the teacher, your family, the individuals as a unit the individuals as diverse.

I can't say enough of how it impacted me as a whole human being and then supported the needs of our sensory issues within our family. This compassionate and integrated approach and the 3 fold learning process is substantial.

The thing about Enki is it's an involved approach and not one to be a checklist you follow of someone else's ideas and standards. So if you are looking for a cookie cutter approach and done for you approach - you may be disappointed there. However, if you are willing to do the work, integrate it in your life I believe and have found for myself this to be a profound support as a human being in general added to the fact it is incredibly supportive to the children learning in this way with the material. The materials by the way are very substantial, every story (many original, unique and beautiful people and stories come to life), every activity and exercise. It's not something someone slapped together quickly, this is a well thought out, in depth curriculum for teacher and child.

Something else I might say, I am more of a do it yourself kind of gal and like to read and research on my own so I did not seek the curriculum out based on support or community but based on the material itself. For me the material stands alone, with that said, I had the privilege of speaking with Beth Sutton the Founder/Creator of Enki Education as part of the consult which one receives when purchasing the curriculum. This time with her was priceless and beyond what words could express. Beth is an amazing mentor, leader and as a result allowed my materials to have even more depth because of where I knew they had originated. From someone who is for me, one of the wisest most compassionate and fair human beings I've known.

I try to keep a blog but like any mom and homeschooler, things get busy. My blog is tribalacademy.blogspot.com If you are in the NW USA I am happy to show my materials and share a cup of tea and conversation about Enki.  Ultimately we all have to make our own decisions from a place of wisdom and our own heart's center. Choosing Enki, for me, for my family, was indeed one of the wisest by far.

Much Love, Stephana

Old 03-21-2014, 10:42 AM

Hi,

I live in Maine too!  We use Enki Philosophy with my 2 oldest children, currently we are in our 6th year using Enki curriculum and/or philosophy to guide us.  We love Enki!  We have used Enki from K-3rd and I am currently putting together my own 4th grade blocks using the Enki philosophy found in the guides with help from friends and consultations with Beth.  In a couple years my youngest will begin using the Enki K curriculum, so I get to use the earlier resources once again. I am so excited about that! 

I have three children ages 10, 9 and 3.  We live in the Sebago Lakes Region on the Southwest corner of the lake.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnapp View Post

Hello Everyone,

I was so glad to come across this thread! We began Enki 1st grade this year with our 6.5 year old and I am so grateful for it. It is perfect for our family. I would love to find others in Maine who are using Enki. We live in the western mountain area. Anyone else nearby?

Old 03-21-2014, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi!
I am seriously considering Enki for my daughter (she's only almost 2 but I like to be prepared and have read that we may benefit from the early childhood guide). I am a reader and have read a lot of waldorf/ gentle parenting style books on childhood and parenting does the early childhood guide have new information? My other question (and I've asked this on other threads but would still like more opinions) is are any of you using Enki religious? We are Christians and I'm just wondering if there will be any major conflicts with using Enki.. It was so nice to find this thread and learn more about enki!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:53 AM

Enki shouldn't conflict with any christian religions if you're family is open to learning. It is secular and religion could easily be brought in as you desire or kept separate. Enki looks at religions as part of a culture. It's also looking at cultures as something to immerse yourself in, including the religion. So, if you would have a problem visiting a mosque or a temple and seeing how other religions are part of the culture, than Enki may not be for you. However, you could choose not to "do" those cultures if you would have a problem with them. Enki does not present cultures as "us" vs "them", so when you're immersed in a culture you'd want to be open to reading parts of other culture's holy books and myths. It might not be a good fit for a family who strongly believes their religion is the only correct one and everyone else is wrong. If a family is open to learning about other people's religion, even while holding their own sacred than I think Enki could work very well. There are quite a few Christian families who use Enki. I'm not one, so I don't think I can give you more information about how it would work in practice though, sorry!

I'm really hoping that the issues that have been going on with Enki will allow it to be more open with more information out there. Enki states that it isn't the right path for everybody, but with so little information floating around it makes it hard to know until you've actually invested in the materials! I'm especially hoping people with share the parts that worked and what didn't. The more people share, the more others can see what it's all about. In addition, the leadership council will have more information about what works for people and what doesn't, so they can better help people decide if they are a good fit for Enki. Even people who find Enki is a GREAT fit for them might find one aspect that didn't meet their needs (we're all individuals) and that will help other people that come behind them. The internet is a great place for collaboration, and we can learn from other's successes and failures!

Old 03-24-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerina85 View Post

Hi!
I am seriously considering Enki for my daughter (she's only almost 2 but I like to be prepared and have read that we may benefit from the early childhood guide). I am a reader and have read a lot of waldorf/ gentle parenting style books on childhood and parenting does the early childhood guide have new information? My other question (and I've asked this on other threads but would still like more opinions) is are any of you using Enki religious? We are Christians and I'm just wondering if there will be any major conflicts with using Enki.. It was so nice to find this thread and learn more about enki!

I'm reading the Early Childhood Guide right now.  Does is have extra stuff over Waldorf?  I think so.  It has helped to affirm things that I got only little hints of in my Waldorf reading.  It explains a lot of things that I had questions about, like why my daughter gets frustrated building with Lincoln Logs (as a simple example).  I don't feel that Enki is religious.  We have Christian backgrounds and I have not been in conflict with anything I have come across so far (and I've read over six hundred pages!).  Join the Enki Experience google group and do some reading there.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:43 PM

Koofie- thank you so much for your reply I found it really helpful.. I am finding it hard to find independent information and I really don't want to make a mistake with buying curriculum because we don't have money to waste and I would find it very frustrating! It sounds like we could work around the religious stuff- we are open to learning about other cultures but is probably skip some stuff too.. It sounds like it would still be a good fit.. I really hope they get things worked out soon but I'm glad for this thread smile.gif another question I forgot to ask was are you happy with the math component? Is there any subject you feel you need to supplement with other curriculum?
Old 03-24-2014, 01:46 PM

Appalachia- thanks for your response sounds like it would be worth getting. I have joined that group and read a lot there but I just don't feel like there is that much info there- maybe I'm not looking at the right parts of the group or something...
Old 03-25-2014, 05:23 PM

I answered a similar question on another thread, so I will just paste it here:

Hello! I am a Christian and have been using Enki with my six children for over eight years now. I have never considered Enki a conflict with my Christian beliefs, but rather have appreciated the way the curriculum honors the sacred wisdom in each person and culture of the world. I like how "Julie hope" describes that in each of the stories "you get a glimpse of wisdom that transcends race, nationality, or place that separates us." This was one of the primary reasons we were drawn to Enki. Jesus Christ Himself said "Other sheep I have which are not of this fold." I love opening my children to all peoples, and the wisdom and beauty brought forth from so many "folds." The creators of Enki have made painstaking efforts to gather together this wisdom and then to bring it to the children at a developmentally appropriate and lovely way. Plus you are invited to seek wisdom and truth and light in how to meet your child's needs. I feel like my efforts to do this in my spiritual life were a great preparation for listening and seeking direction in my homeschooling efforts, and I appreciate the way the process of homeschooling has thus informed my spiritual life. The materials are of the highest quality (after all these years I still go back and reread them and find inspiration!) and I think you will love how they support you and your family.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:37 PM

Yes, I agree that the materials are very high quality.  I was much more impressed with them than I was with Oak Meadow.  The artwork and photos are inspiring and the books seems so substantial.  I like the spiral binding on the guides, too.  Easy to keep my place with little ones under foot.  The songs CDs are really nice, sort of like having Joan Baez help with homeschooling. :wink

Old 03-25-2014, 06:55 PM

Ballerina85,

I see your posts and thought I'd reach out. I'm a Protestant Christian and have been using Enki for 9mths in Grades 1 and 2. I've had a great experience with it and feel it's depth and breath has nourished my family far beyond what I'd imagined. I too, looked long and hard at Enki before deciding and couldn't find a lot to inform me of how it would philosophically and practically be compatible with my faith. I knew it would not be in alignment in several ways, but to what degree I was not sure.

I believe several aspects of my journey heavily influenced my decision, in addition to looking at the sample pages of the curriculum on the site and hearing Beth speak live during an interview. First and foremost, before my seminary years at Reformed Theological Seminary while studying to be a christian Marriage and Family Therapist, I had many occasions during my college/graduate school years in secular universities in family and child development and psychology to look at places where I was committed to my Christian worldview of Biblical inerrancy and a covenantal relationship with my Saviour and where I felt being open to culturally different information from those not of my faith (that challenged many of my cultural assumptions) only increased my understanding and joy in how my Creator designed me. I like to think of it as putting the right type of oil in a car intended from the designer so it runs more smoothly.

Having now 20yrs in practice, specializing in trauma and early childhood development, I recognized quickly when I was first reading the materials and through my communication with Beth Sutton, developer of Enki, that her working knowledge of psychology, brain science, movement integration, therapeutic work, early childhood development and education (especially in Waldorf) is of a level typically reserved only for experts in any one of these fields. The fact that someone has gathered together these separate fields and seamlessly integrated them in to a flexible form for the average parent to use, in whatever capacities it serves them best, is remarkable, let alone one person being proficient in each. I wish I had known her in the years I taught graduate students and supervised clinicians so I could have invited her to guest speak.

Second, I've spent years studying about natural living/parenting (especially in attachment parenting and natural birthing) and the benefits of home learning (with a library of Waldorf books/curriculums and those of like-minded Christians) and was surprised to find, after interacting with the materials and Beth and sometimes other Enki members for a few months, that my understanding of how to take my unique history/values and merge them with the often difficult task of meeting my child developmentally and to his unique self, and to myself developmentally with uniqueness, has deepened so much that it has significantly changed my ability to sustain a healthier relationship with my child and with myself, especially during times of high stress. This benefit alone has made it worth my investment. With the little time I have with my child in his youth, it has been important to me to be as physically and emotionally present as possible so I can more intentionally pass on my values.

I often think of this curriculum and Beth's intent of encouraging people to look at educating our children as part of a larger ecosystem within the family and how each part affects the whole as being congruent with what I have observed Ina May Gaskin of the Farm and how she has encouraged the same view of childbirth and how she, almost single-handedly through keeping excellent records at The Farm's midwifery center and by mentoring, has created an environment of acceptance within circles of our culture that would have never been open. I had the privilege of giving birth at the Farm and have spent many hours with Ina May, and coupled with my interest in studying the lives and processes of those who have made history through positive change, I have noticed many similarities between Beth's work and believe this has potential do the same if parents/educators take note of the nature of this paradigm shift as being rooted primarily in process, with underlying assumptions of valuing differences and seeing our united humanity. As a Christian, I'm going to sparse that out differently and with boundaries, but because I believe God created everyone in His like-ness and all wisdom found in His creation is from Him, I can whole-heartedly support the principle of unity and learning about how God made us and His creation from those of other faiths in so much as it doesn't contradict my interpretation of scripture. We have many examples of this working-togetherness in the Bible itself.

For me, the first way I have practically adapted my use of Enki, has been to look at the library of stories and structural suggestions for implementing as guides and examples only of the concepts of learning and for supporting a family ecosystem for deeper connection and learning. I have used many of the stories and structural suggestions and have enjoyed the benefit of someone having done it for me far better than I could have, with my particular limitations, and I have enjoyed being able to understand more fully what is "essential" to a subject so I can replace what is true to my faith in it's stead. I'm happy to share with you details what I have done through private messaging, email or phone.

At first I was overwhelmed with the material and amount of concepts to digest and implement (as many have reported) and I'm seeing more and more that this curriculum can be a two-edged sword in that it doesn't cut corners for consumerism's "check-this-off-my-list" style of parenting, nor for the parent who wants a curriculum that doesn't challenge one to grow, yet if parents are willing will go through a small amount of uncomfortableness time in digesting something different, it affords the freedom most yearn for by creating a space and rhythm that allows for time and energy to be and do matter most in life. It truly is about teaching a man to fish in ways that affect all areas of life.

I love that Beth is honest and upfront with her philosophy and agenda. This is type of integrity is what attracted me to look further into her work, because I knew it would be clearer for me from the outset the places of difference and has allowed me a quicker decision process. I have felt very valued as a member of the community and the care and respect for differences I've observed during group interaction has been refreshing.

I've observed the recent dilemmas a few members of Enki and the Leadership council have had regarding going forward with Enki and it has only increased my trust in Beth's leadership abilities (especially in healthy boundary development for the sake of sustainability), her integrity to be upfront and in her desire to meet the needs of more families so Enki can up-level to meet the recent growth this last year. The boundaries and shifts are exciting to me because I see more families in the future being able to use Enki through getting access to materials in optional ways and Beth's time being more preserved for the important task of writing curriculum. Unfortunately, in times of growth pains for a business that is increasing in demand, not everyone can be pleased. And as a therapist in mediation situations and a business owner, I'm all too appreciative of the dicey territory a leader is in to listen compassionately and then make their own decisions and captain the ship they birthed. And since she is the same person (many years senior to my 45) who has written the material, showing intimately who she is and that consistently elicits powerful testimonies, I need no further explanation.

I learned that Enki has just released videos and mp3s (enkieducation.org) in the form of "tea" interviews with Enki families that have used Enki in a variety of situations. I was able to view a few last night and I'm thrilled because a picture truly says a thousand words. I highly recommend taking look (on the home page just scroll down) and please feel free to message me anytime if I can be of more help.

Warmly,

Elizabeth

Old 03-26-2014, 05:03 AM

Thanks for mentioning the videos!  I was checking, just day before yesterday, to see if they were up yet.  They must have been uploaded later that day. :thumb

Old 03-26-2014, 08:21 AM

Thanks for all of the helpful responses. Your experiences have made me feel confident that enki will be a great fit for us! I am so excited to order soon! I don't think I've come across a group that is
As passionate about the curriculum they use as the enki users. It must be pretty special material smile.gif
Old 03-26-2014, 09:09 AM

Hi ballerina85, I wanted to respond to your question because I too started out with Waldorf/ gentle parenting books before reading Enki Education's Foundation Guides and Early Childhood Teaching Guide. Like appalachiamama expressed, I feel like the Enki guides expand on and actually answer the questions that arise, as opposed to the "hinting" of Waldorf. I feel like Waldorf often has a mystery surrounding the "whys", while Enki looks directly at the issue and answers my questions! The Foundation Guides are the place to start with your Enki reading. The Early Childhood Teaching guide will already be referencing what truly makes Enki Enki, which is all found in the Foundation Guides.

The "video tea" chats are amazing. I see them referenced in the previous posts. They are found on www.enkieducation.org (including audio files for moms on the run!) and I will link the videos here as well:

Meeting Enki Homeschoolers     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paW0SLVTemg

A Global Cultures Curriculum     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5rSZPTCGjY

Discovery Learning     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNBxUwtk1xI

Working with Siblings     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o49n9L-oWbA

Making Enki Your Own     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5mBeQNSU4E

Teacher Health     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhdatMEv6jw

Tour an Enki Package     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXwiL33TX18

Old 03-26-2014, 01:04 PM

I do find waldorf mysterious at times- looking forward to more clarity.. Thanks for the video links can't wait for my teething girl to finally nap so I can watch th videos
Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 PM

Hi everyone! We are an Enki family in Canada- we're currently doing grade2 with my 7.5 year old and kindy with my 5 year old (and the baby is just along for the ride!) and we've been with Enki all along. Enki has been such a gift to our family- the philosophy has shaped our choices and daily lives in so many ways, and using the curriculum these past few years has been so wonderful. As an educator I was initially drawn to the multicultural aspect- and I continue to be so grateful for the depth of respect and wisdom that is in the cultural materials- I have never come across anything that comes even close. And through our journey with Enki over the years I have only become more grateful for the materials and the philosophy. My grade 3 materials arrived recently and I have been deeply immersed in the cultural units and stories as I go through them. They really are amazing!

User Tag List