50 states post card project...do you live in any of these states? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-06-2008, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our oldest two girls started a project last week learning about the states. I thought it would be fun, as a surprise, to have postcards start showing up from each state. Today the first one came, from MN, and it was a riot watching them try to figure out who sent it. LOL We only need four more states to complete the project.

If you live in one of these states would you mind helping? All I'm asking that you send a postcard and maybe jot a few interesting/unique things about your state on the back. If you can it would be so appreciated!!

Here are the last four states we need cards from:

Rhode Island
West Virginia
South Dakota
Montana
#2 of 7 Old 06-07-2008, 12:35 AM

We are also in a postcard group. West Virginia, Rhode Island, and South Dakota have been the hardest ones to get. We had someone from South Dakota say they would send us a card but we never got it. We finally got West Virginia today.

Sorry we can't help, but good luck with your search.

Kathi

:::Mom to 5 adult children and 8 year old, Dakota "Why do they call it homeschool, we're never at home?"
#3 of 7 Old 06-07-2008, 01:30 AM

My aunt is ill and will more than likely pass away soon. I'll be passing through south dakota on the way to the funeral (or at the very least my grandma will if I'm unable to attend)...

Would you like me to pick a couple up on my way through? Does that count?

It may be a couple weeks, we're not sure how much longer my aunt has...

It wouldn't be a big deal, we gotta stop for gas and all gas stations have postcards.

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :
#4 of 7 Old 06-07-2008, 01:04 PM

I feel terrible to think that we can get this postcard because someone died. You need to focus on your family and their needs during this time. It's a very generous offer, but your family comes first. I will keep all of you in my thoughts. May your aunt have a safe and easy transition to the other side.

Kathi

:::Mom to 5 adult children and 8 year old, Dakota "Why do they call it homeschool, we're never at home?"
#5 of 7 Old 06-07-2008, 02:56 PM

Have you tried posting in the tribal areas for those states? If not, maybe doing that would find someone.
#6 of 7 Old 06-07-2008, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
My aunt is ill and will more than likely pass away soon. I'll be passing through south dakota on the way to the funeral (or at the very least my grandma will if I'm unable to attend)...

Would you like me to pick a couple up on my way through? Does that count?

It may be a couple weeks, we're not sure how much longer my aunt has...

It wouldn't be a big deal, we gotta stop for gas and all gas stations have postcards.
Oh, no no....please don't. Your focus needs to be on and with your family.

I will try the tribal areas! Thanks for the reminder. I don't know why I didn't do that first! lol I was thinking of other homeschool families but I guess they're in the tribal areas too. LOL!!!
#7 of 7 Old 06-08-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Have you tried posting in the tribal areas for those states? If not, maybe doing that would find someone.
I did post in the tribal areas for West Virginia, Rhode Island, and Mississippi. I got Mississippi and West Virginia by doing this. I have gotten no response from Rhode Island as yet. I did get a response from my regular post card list about South Dakota yesterday. It should be on it's way. Rhode Island seems to be the tough one. Someone on my postcard list was having trouble getting a card from one state. She started calling churches in that state and found someone who was willing to send her a card. I'm about ready to try that one.

Kathi

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page