Mothering Forum banner

Want to do a webkinz project with us?

2K views 55 replies 19 participants last post by  jake&zaxmom 
#1 ·
I know that there was a giant webkinz thread a while ago, but I can't find it now to read it...

Anyway, my DD has recently become very interested in Webkinz. Lately we've been wondering whether the Wheel of Wow is a "fair" wheel (we get the same prizes pretty regularly, and we've never spun the biggest prize). We thought we'd collect some data to find out!

We're going to see what we spin each day, and keep a record. After we have sufficient data, we'll run some statistics to see what we find.

If you're interested in this, please post to this thread! If we have a bunch of people recording what they spin, we can get to the stats sooner and answer our question. If anybody is interested, we'd like to request that you post what they spin on the wheel each day (if you get a chance). Once we have enough data, I'll run the statistics and post a summary of what we find.

We'll post today's results first. We have three accounts in our family. We spun: 20 kinz cash
-random kinz cash
--100 kinz cash

See less See more
#4 ·
We haven't been on it for a while but I noticed the same thing. We always get 20 kinzcash or something close. And then I wondered, why is this? I mean, it doesn't actually cost them anything to give the big prizes. It's all virtual. It's not REAL money, you know? The kids would actually play longer if they got the big cash so they could spend, spend, spend. Is it the lesson of "you don't always get what you want" or do they want to instill a gambler mentality - "just keep trying and one day you'll hit the jackpot?"

Oh, and it bugs me that it goes fast and then slows down and stays at the same speed for a while until it just stops on the 20 kinzcash.

#7 ·
Quote:
And then I wondered, why is this? I mean, it doesn't actually cost them anything to give the big prizes. It's all virtual. It's not REAL money, you know? The kids would actually play longer if they got the big cash so they could spend, spend, spend. Is it the lesson of "you don't always get what you want" or do they want to instill a gambler mentality - "just keep trying and one day you'll hit the jackpot?"

Oh, and it bugs me that it goes fast and then slows down and stays at the same speed for a while until it just stops on the 20 kinzcash.
It's strange, huh? I don't really get the scratch off games and the jelly bean counts, either. Both seem impossible to win. I don't know if the idea is to instill the gambler mentality or if it's to show kids that gambling usually doesn't pay (or at least not well).

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
DD -20 KC
DS - cup of gunk
You mean you were able to get in today? It's been down for me all day today. This morning it let me try to log in, then say it was down for maintenance. Then this afternoon (after 4:00 pm EST) the following message was on the main page and it's still there now:

"Webkinz World® is currently down for daily maintenance!
We will be back up for more fun and games at 4:00 PM EST."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.