FL- Letter of Intent, what day did you put in the letter for officially start HS? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-20-2008, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm going to send in Letter of Intent soon (I hear I need to send it in within 30 days of starting to HS) and I'm hearing here in FL (in my county) they usually consider the official start day of HS as when they receive my letter. Also that is the date that usually I need to send them evaluation/review record by the each year. So I was wondering what you all have for the official day of starting to HS.
Did you all start official date the same as the public school start date? (Which means 8/18 here).
Does that mean I can send the letter in by Sep 18?
I'm confused and I don't know if it matters what date it is.
Thank you.

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
#2 of 3 Old 08-20-2008, 06:34 PM

NOTHING ELSE!!! I send my certified return receipt. Whenever you send in your letter you have to then in a year send in your evaluation. I chose November since my firstborn's birthday is in November. You can choose any month you want!

If you send in your letter today then next year you have to send in your evaluation sometime in the month of August be it the 1st, 18th, or 30th! It's the month that counts NOT the day.

Remember not to send anything not required by law otherwise you may inadvertantly set the precedent that all homeschoolers should send in extras too!

Best wishes! I'm only starting my seventh year of homeschooling.

Sincerely,
Debra, homeschooling mom of 4 ages 11, 10, 8, and 5
#3 of 3 Old 08-21-2008, 01:10 AM

Yep, what she said.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page