getting ready for fall - project ideas/resources - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2008, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
fall is coming up and I want do something fun but still indoors for ds (sensory issues). on max and ruby, ruby has a leaf collecting book with the template shape of certain trees to match leaves to and stick in.

does anyone know of any free resources out there like this? I would like to try and construct one for ds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 12:09 AM

I don't know of anything specific but doing activities such as leaf rubbings or making 'leaf people' might work well for you.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What if you made a book and used these leaf templates. If those don't suit, you can find a billion more by googling "leaf template" in google images. Make two copies of each template, one black and one colored. Glue the black one in the book, and either make the colored one from heavier paper, cardstock, cardboard, or cover it with clear contact paper. If you did cardboard, your little one could even color or paint it. Then put a velcro dot on the black one and let your son match the colored leaf to the black template in the book.

Does that even make sense? In my mind it makes sense, LOL!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 09-02-2008, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the idea annette the velcro would work great with ds. I will definatly look into making something like that.

User Tag List