southeast MA childcare? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 01-28-2004, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After an absolutely wonderful year at home with dd... I'm heading back to work part-time. In many ways I'm looking forward to it. I just wish I could take dd with me!!

Can anyone in the New Bedford, Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Achusnet area recommend a good family day care? I'd like to find someone who understands AP parenting and isn't afraid of EBM.
Also, right now dd isn't vaxed. Has anyone had luck finding daycare for an unvaxed babe? I've written out our religious exemption... but I've heard it isn't valid for daycare. I've been told they don't have to accept non-vaxed kids the way the school system does. Is there any truth to that? I have a link to a site about MA vax laws, so I'll try to look it up tonight too... just thought I'd ask if anyone has experience with this.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-28-2004, 11:47 PM

Hi Michelle -- I can only tell you that my mom runs a childcare center and she has several kids who are unvaxxed. It makes her nervous, she says (not an AP mom: ) but she has them attending.

Just wanted to chime in here
#3 of 3 Old 01-29-2004, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

thanks amanda,
that's good to hear. So maybe there's hope! I'm surprised to hear she has several unvaxed kids. WOW! and she's in MA?

OT:
my mom's not AP either. she keeps harrassing me about vaxes. Her dr. just told her today that there are a few cases of pertussis in our town. That does make me nervous. I'm really not sure how I feel about sending my non-vaxed baby to daycare. Hopefully I'll find a place with just a few kids. Anyway, I have a lot of decisions to make fast.

Thanks for the input!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page