REALLY need Rogers Park, Chicago day care - help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-01-2004, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all --

I'm a Chicago area mom to a funky happy little 2 year old daughter. We need child care for her just two days a week, and have had her in an in-home day care for over a year. However, the place has changed for the worse, and our search for something new in our neighborhood has gone very badly.

I've already gotten the list from the Day Care Action Council but haven't had much luck with it. I've given up my insistence on the place being licensed -- I just want a safe, gentle, pleasant environment that can accomodate vegetarianism, and is open from 7:30am to 6pm. It can be someone's home, a nice center, whatever. I just want there to be other kids around for her to play with.

It's only two days a week -- why is this so hard?!?!!!!!

Anyway, does anyone know someone or some place in Rogers Park or even southern Evanston? You can PM me or respond to this thread.

Thank you in advance -- I'm kind of freaking out about how hard it has been to find a nice place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-01-2004, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I believe Loyola University preschool has a full-day program for two-year-olds. "To learn more about the preschool, contact the director, Beverly Donovan, at 8-3444 or e-mail [email protected]."

Chiaravalle Montessori on Dempster in Evanston also takes 2-yr.-olds and their website even says "from 7:30 am to 6 pm."

HTH--
Beth
#3 of 6 Old 09-02-2004, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

I do need to check out the Loyola preschool -- thanks for reminding me.

Chiaravalle would be WONDERFUL, but they only take applications in January for the following fall. I had no idea preschools could be this competitive (I know, I'm naive)!

Thanks for the ideas!
#4 of 6 Old 09-02-2004, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, I didn't realize it either. I just heard about a "rare" opening for a 4-yr.-old in the Loyola Preschool and I realized I better start thinking now about what to do when my daughter has to leave her current daycare situation when she turns two, and she just turned one!
#5 of 6 Old 09-09-2004, 12:52 AM
JEM

check the website for the Northside Parents Network (northsideparents.org) There is a discussion board with a lot of child care discussion. sharing a babysitter might be an option if you need only two days a week. good luck!
Jewel in chicago
#6 of 6 Old 04-23-2008, 04:16 PM

Hey mama, I love in South Evanston and am the mother of a 16 month old daughter! I'm at home with her everyday, so I would LOVE to watch your 2yr old!!! We live 2 blocks from the lake and a block from the library and LOTS of Tot parks, so Nora and I stay busy playing all day long! I'm available immediately! Lets meet for coffee or playdate!

Hope to hear from you soon, Kristin Gulbrandson 612-730-5648

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page