Mothering Forum banner

Tacoma Area Knitting & Playgroup

631 views 31 replies 8 participants last post by  mbote 
#1 ·
Hey all~

Looking to start/join a Tacoma playgroup with other knitting mamas. I'm in town while my dd1 goes to school and need to fill the time as well as want some time to socalize! I'm up for meeting somewhere like the Antique Sand Shoppe or in someone's home.

Mainly, though, I'm interested in a regular gathering with others who are committed to it.

Thoughts?

Jesse

#7 ·
I will be out of town next week, but would like to join in too! My 4yr old is in preschool on wednesdays, and my 5 month old is a little young for a playgroup, but I would love to meet new mama's and I really want to learn how to knit, it anyone is willing to teach.

#16 ·
Hey everyone!
I am Christine and it has been a loooong time since I have been to the forum. I live in Tacoma (near UPS and near a few of you). I have two boys (age 5 and 2) and are looking for opportunities to meet others. I would be interested in coming to a playgroup but wanted to ask the host (jenyum?) if you have space for us to come? I have hosted some Northwest Attachment Parenting events in Tacoma and done some mom's groups but don't have much going on right now. I am also curious if any older children (4 yr+) will be there so I can let my son know. He is aching for some friends because a lot of his friends have gone off to school.
Christine

PS Out of curiosity, Jenyum (sorry i don't know your name)- are you a creative memories consultant?

#17 ·
I don't know what creative memories is, so I'm pretty sure I'm not a consultant.

Come! The more the better! I'm not sure of the age range. This will be the first time we've done this so we'll have to see who shows. My eldest will be 4 in January, but hopefully someone else with older kids will come.

#19 ·
Youngyogamama: That might be my landlady, she lived here until last spring.

Nursing Mother: I don't know, I've never been to Rikki's. We started this knitting playgroup thingy up just recently and this is the first one. At any rate, I think hers was one Thursday a month? So there shouldn't be a conflict.

Well, I've got snacks and juice and a knitting project to finish. Hope to see you all tomorrow!

#25 ·
Ug! I am so sorry to have missed this. My home visit was scheduled for last Wednesday (didn't end up happening because the m/ws went to a birth). I should be able to come this week though!

I'll be at the SnB this Monday, too! Please come if you can!

Jesse

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.