TWIN CITIES FAMILIES, last month of 2004! 12/4--12/10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-04-2004, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are you in or near the Twin Cities?
Do you want to be?

Well, then you have found your tribe! Despite our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, two things bond us together: living in the coldest state on earth...and the love for our children which warms us. The weekly tribe thread begins anew each Saturday. Watch for the new thread on the main Minnesota/Wisconsin board.

Some of the individuals who post here meet weekly. If you are interested in attending a get together, please post your interest on the thread or send any one of us a PM. We welcome with open arms and minds the input of all parents, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, political view, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2004, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

somehow i don't always get notified whn there is a new post on the thread, then i miss it and forget to check in...
anyway, new week = new thread.
don't know about SG today. might go to Wagner's and get pix taken w/ St Nicholas and his reindeer...
thanks for the updates on Baby Morgan! glad to hear she is doing better!
Old 12-04-2004, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

ERICH JOHN WAGAR MEMORIAL FUND BENEFIT

Minneapolis, MN Nov 29th, 2004

Aerial photographer Erich John Wagar’s untimely death November 16th left behind wife Gretchen and 3-year-old son Max. Erich, of Brooklyn Park MN, died while BASE jumping in Somerset WI, as noted in the St Paul Pioneer Press, Minneapolis Star Tribune, and local television networks.

Erich’s local community presents a benefit and silent auction Monday, December 13th at 7:00pm at Patrick’s Cabaret in Minneapolis, open to all, children welcome. All proceeds will go to the Erich John Wagar Memorial Fund to directly assist Gretchen and Max.

Erich was the family’s sole wage earner; Gretchen has cared for Max as well as being active in the local parenting and birth support communities. The goal of the Memorial Fund Benefit is to provide financial relief towards rent costs for Gretchen and Max as they face the upcoming holidays without a husband and father.

Admittance is open to all; suggested donation of $5.
Silent auction to be held from 7:00pm to 8:00pm; regional donors so far include Chanhassen Dinner Theatres, Motorwerks BMW, and D’Amico among many others. Refreshments will include desserts and beverages for children and adults; donations for each are welcomed.

Donations after the event may be made to the Erich Wagar Memorial Account at Wells Fargo Bank, 8041 Brooklyn
Boulevard, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445, 763-493-1230.

For additional information, contact:
Angela Callais
[email protected]

Erich John Wagar Memorial Fund Benefit
December 13th, 7:00pm
Patrick’s Cabaret, Minneapolis
Old 12-04-2004, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Addition:

We are currently looking for donations for the silent auction. We have a wide range of people who are attending, from mamas to birth community to skydivers and other friends and family. Anything that you have to contribute would help Gretchen and Max greatly. The holiday season is around the corner, and we would love to have many great things for people to bid on!

(taken from littlecurvieme...)
Old 12-04-2004, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

please spread the word! we'd love to see you there, along with friends and family. and if you have anything to donate or know a store, company, etc that would donate for this good cause, let us know!
THANKS!
Old 12-05-2004, 12:10 AM

Hi Mamas,
It's been a while since I checked in, here or at SG. Too much going on, mostly happy stuff, thank goodness. Tabitha is thriving and dh and I are enjoying the ride.

Right now we are looking for a dentist. Tabitha won't be going for a while yet, but the grown-ups need a new one, and we'd like to all go to the same one. So, does anyone have a recommendation for a kid-friendly, night-time-nursing-supportive dentist? Hopefully located not too far from South Minneapolis?

Hope all is well with you and yours,
Caitlin
Old 12-05-2004, 01:43 PM

any last minute takers for holiday pictures with Allison Kuznia today?

at the loring pasta bar c

$60.00 includes sitting about 100 shots
she will make a CD of the best for you to get developed etc
and you get 25 prints

only drawback to use this great spot you need to buy the breakfast buffet
$15.95 for adults
Old 12-05-2004, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
just checking in.
maya

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 12-05-2004, 11:53 PM

Hi,
I float in now and then...
hi to Danielle who I bumped into at Ridgedale. it was fun to see you and your little bunch. Your family is so beautiful!

Just stopped by to say hi.

What's everyone doing for the holidays? Any decorating going on? Anybody got good, cheap gift ideas for grandmothers?

hugs and hot cocoa,
Chris Anne
Old 12-06-2004, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

for the grandma's, i use all the extras of all the pix i have taken through the year...
Old 12-06-2004, 02:55 AM

ChrisAnne WAVE! Danielle told me she saw you. KEWL!

Paula thanks for posting the Fundraiser info. On that note, I am making bottles of my infamous KAYJAY salad dressing. So anyone who wants a bottle, for sure, let me know, so I know how many to make. For right now I am making 10 32 oz bottles at $7.00 a bottle. 100% will go directly to Gretchen and Max.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:04 AM

MMmmm... and what sort of flavor is this dressing? We like dressing 'round here...
Old 12-06-2004, 03:23 PM

The dressing contains Braggs Amino Acids (healthy soy sauce) Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Garlic and Maple Syrup for sure. It may contain mustard of some sort and jam, chutney or hummus. Depending on where the spirit leads me that day.

Speaking of hummus, Should we have a hummus making party and make like 5 gallons to sell at the Benefit? DoulaSarah and I have a great recipe? Doula wanna make it at your pad or mine? Sounds like fun and it can be frozen.

I am donating these shoes below and 100% will go to Gretchen and Max. Stride Rite Shoes, NWT, $10 ppd, retail $36, 2W (3), sz 2XW (2), 2 1/2W (2) 3M (2), 3W (4),3 1/2M (1), 4N, 4W,

Old 12-06-2004, 03:27 PM

We can certainly make the hummus either place, although you have a lot more containers that are the right size. I will take a couple of bottles of your wonderful dressing too.

The hummus rocks!! (I got all of the garlic ones!!)

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

Old 12-06-2004, 03:42 PM

I'll take a bottle of dressing, KJ... and mmmmmm hummus. I plan on making some cookies and possibly something else, but it really depends on how bad this week is at work. I'm looking at about 55 hours or more. Blech.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:28 PM

oh yum!!!!
I'm all for some of your dressing and hummus, KJ!

When do you plan to make it, maybe I can come by with the new baby to show off! *grin*

CA
Old 12-07-2004, 04:40 AM

Chris Anne-
Nice to see you, too!

I'm trying to round up some more stuff to donate to the benefit.
California Pizza Kitchen (where I work) is making a super awesome donation, so bid generously! They are also going to hand out flyers for a certain day (not yet decided on), and people who come in and eat that day and bring one of the flyers will get Gretchen and Max 20% of the proceeds. Not much unless all y'all come in and eat! It will be the Maple Grove location, which is kind of a bummer distance wise, but thats ok!
If you haven't been to CPK, the food is yummy. I've been there for 2.5 years and still love it and never tire of it!
Old 12-07-2004, 05:01 PM

Danielle hope you work that night so you can wait on us all. sounds fun.

We are making hummus here tomorrow. Sarah had to cancel but Autumn R. and Elaine Rose plan on coming. Chris we would love to have you and anyone else.

Please keep Jerry's uncle Ronnie in your thoughts and prayers. He had a massive heart attack a few days ago. The day before the anniversary of his father's (Jerry's grampa's) death. He is doing better at present.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:31 PM

Danielle you are too funny on the ddcc thingy.

LOL!

So Danielle treated me to dinner at CPK and I ordered a salad with fat free dressing cuz I had like no Weight Watcher points left. And I kept asking for onions, balsamic, and can't remember what else. And when I finally liked it I was full so I did not eat and I think the waitress was like wow she is hard to please. Danielle you sure you want me to come to the fundraiser and wait on me?
Old 12-07-2004, 05:46 PM

awww bummer!
I can't make it tomorrow, I've got a business meeting in the afternoon and kids have Awanas in the evning.
Still want to find time to stop by and buy some of the goodies from you...
What's up for the weekend?

CA
Old 12-08-2004, 01:16 PM

Hi everyone, missing you all. Been way busy but hope to have more time after next week.

Wanted to let you know that I sent out a list of what has been collected for the silent auction and direct selling at the benefit so far. If you didn't receive it and would like to, you can pm me or curvie, oliviasmama, battymama, kj etc for a forward. It's looking really good in terms of raising a substantial sum for G and little M.
thanks everyone!
oh- and I forgot to put the hummus (& prolly a few other things) on the list - sorry - will update. There are more donations coming in every day
Old 12-08-2004, 02:28 PM

Humus making is happening on Friday now. I think I have food poisoning and no it was not my humus! LOL.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:21 AM

First of all, if you have empty salad dressing or yogurt containers. I am in dire need. If you can get them to me or to playgroup that would be even better.

I am making 20 quarts of hummus, my hummus is more chunky like the Wedge, it is not traditional like Holyland or Hakan's which I love, it has onion, cayenne and some other secret ingredients. Many of you have tried it.

which would be
$12 a quart
or $5 a cup
let me know if you plan to buy

I am also making

10 quarts of my salad dressing
which is a vinaigrette, braggs, balsamic, maple syrup, garlic and olive oil
that I will also sell for the same price

hope to sell it all to have $300 for Gretchen.

but I need containers for this to happen. Please help.

and if possible let me know if you plan to buy.

Thank you.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:53 PM

I think I can make it tomorrow!

What time?
I wrote you an email...
CA

User Tag List