O Mother, Where Art Thou? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-28-2004, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm not sure if I really should post on this thread...my mother is still alive, but we have never had a relationship. I was in foster care from the time I was 12 to 18, and I really don't feel like I have a mother. I feel like I am mourning the fact that I've never had (and probably never WILL have) a relationship with my mother...and it makes it worse to know that she is still alive
The thing that hurts the absolute most is that my baby sister (who lives in the same city as I do) just had a baby in September, and my mother has been to see her every weekend since he was born (and was there for the birth, and spent about 10 days with my sister at home after the baby was born)... : I really don't want to resent my sister, but it really hurts that my mother has 4 other grandchildren in the same city, and doen't ever come to see them.

Visit www.evolutiontosimplicity.blogspot.com to follow my epic saga of single mummahood....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-01-2005, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kathi,
I noticed your thread. That's sad.
I am sorry.. I am sure you are a great mom and you want to share your joy with your mom too!
Check out this link. I took some of these courses and what occurred was alot of healing of many relationships in my life.
It is a very powerful, life changing course.

http://www.landmarkforum.com/

I was angry at my mom for many years. Through this course, I found out how to communicate and love my mom for what she is and is not. Our relationship has really improved. Maybe there is still a possibility for the relationship that you crave!
Barb

Birthpower AWARENESS CAMPAIGN - Do you have your button yet?   www.BirthPower.us      

Did you ROCK that VBAC or Natural Birth? Honor yourself with a Birthpower Necklace! & Empowered Birth Lawn Sign!

PLEASE join our yearly-  EMPOWERED BIRTH AWARENESS WEEK.     

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page