Kid-friendly Dentist? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-22-2005, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I'm looking for recommendations of kid-friendly dentists in Calvert, St. Mary's, or even Charles County. I'm in Lusby so Calvert would be ideal but I'm willing to travel for a good one! My 3 y/o has a cavity so I need to go ASAP! Plus my 4 y/o needs a check-up. TIA!

Sky, mama to dd 10/00, dd 3/02, ds 7/04, dd 3/07, ds 7/10, stork-girl.gif11/12 & married 11 yrs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2005, 04:19 PM

Heffner Aguto and Koymen
301-645-6556

in Waldorf specialize in pediatric. They have video games and fish tanks and they are totally decorated kid friendly. My kids have never been to them because we moved away from that area. However, I have been with my friend to take her special needs son and daughter. They were great with both of her children and that is very hard for her to find. She has been going to them for a few yrs now and highly recommends them.

She has never seen Koymen (last I know) but likes both Aguto and Heffner.

Hope this helps

Beth
Old 03-25-2005, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Beth! I'm going to look into them! Any other suggestions?

Sky, mama to dd 10/00, dd 3/02, ds 7/04, dd 3/07, ds 7/10, stork-girl.gif11/12 & married 11 yrs

Old 03-30-2005, 11:46 PM

I don't have any recommendations for you just a vent!
I called and scheduled an appt for my 2 yr old with a ped dentist today because I think he has a cavity. The receptionist told me it's because he nurses at night! The receptionist!?! I'm sorry but I don't need someone who answers the phone to tell me about breastfeeding. I have already printed out all of my bf/dental references to take with me. I just couldn't believe the nerve of her, as if she is a dentist!!!

mama to 4 boys, 2 kitties and 42 chickens
Old 04-01-2005, 12:56 AM

My daughter has cavities. She actually has 4 at 19 months. She has already been to the dentist twice and we were told that she likely has some type of enamel deficiency that was likely genetic.

Not all cavities are from what your kids eat or drink and I am afraid I would let htem know how you feel about the receptionist

My 2 cents...

User Tag List