Mothering Forum banner

moving to portland, maine area next week!

453 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rockweedmama 
#1 ·
hi folks! we're a farm family moving from southeastern ct to cumberland center, maine (10 miles nw of portland) in mid april. i have a son who'll be 3 in may and a daughter who'll be 1 in may and another due in late august. i'm hoping to find new friends both for me and my kiddles! i would also like to hear any recommendations for homeopaths, healthfood stores, and homebirth midwives (my first 2 were home waterbirths). everyone tells me that the portland area is a great place to find amazing people and culture -- so i'm excited!
peace, meagan

#2 ·
Hello Megan, that is very exciting that you are moving to the Portland area! I am from Cumberland, where are you moving from?
There is a message board here that is a good source for the questions you had, at Maine Mamas @ www.ezboard.com. I don't have the actual link right now, but you can email me at nicolefoster@verizon.net and I can get it to you if that doesn't work.
Good luck in your transition to your new home!
Warmly,
Nicole
Windham
SAHM to Sebastian 8-28-99 and Anna 6-9-02 and another arriving in July

#4 ·
yes, we're here and slowly coming out from underneath boxes. my husband is outside building chicken pens for the broilers and this afternoon plowed up the garden space for the CSA vegetables -- so we've really landed. the kiddles and i will check out the library tomorrow! thanks for both of your links and information. i'm going to reply to the "portland playgroup" post and express my interest.
peace, meagan

#6 ·
I just saw your username over at the Maine Mamas (ezboard) and thought I'd say hello, here, too. I'm a member of the Wolf Pine Farm CSA in Alfred and just adore the community... I saw your user name and wondered if my friend Amy (farmer at Wolf Pine) had finally negotiated the sign-up process for the ezboard -- I realize you're a different farmer, but, wanted to say huhlo!

--Heather

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.