Ft Bragg, NC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 06-13-2005, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, Im beth 23 mother to Brayden 9.5 mths, wife to Chris 29....We are currently here at Ft. Bragg, I would love to meet others around the area.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 06-13-2005, 11:47 AM

Welcome, Beth!

I am in Raleigh, a bit far from you, I guess. But wanted to say hello. There are some NC moms on here, for sure! Hope you meet them soon!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#3 of 21 Old 06-22-2005, 09:10 AM

Aloha,
I am Maura. Mom to Ava and Stephanie, ages 5.11 and 8 months. We are an active duty Army family relocating in beg. Aug. to Bragg from Hawaii...I am looking earnestly for an AP group
#4 of 21 Old 06-22-2005, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Maura I have yet to find an Ap group around here, I know there is a LLL that meets up on post but I have yet to go. I did'nt know if I still could being that Brady is almost 10mths. If you need anything when you get to Bragg, feel free to contact me...
#5 of 21 Old 06-22-2005, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
We are at Pope AFB here in NC. Definitely on the lookout for some cd'ing, bf'ing, likeminded mamas for a playgroup. Like someone else said, there's a LLL group that meets weekly on Bragg somewhere though I can't remember where for the life of me! Other than that, we've been here a year and I haven't found any other AP parents. We just moved onto base so I'm really really hoping!

Meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#6 of 21 Old 06-23-2005, 01:08 AM

Well, as soon as we get settled there, mid Aug., I plan to find a group, or start my own if I have to! If you go to the LLL website you can get the phone numbers of the leaders. I already emailed one, and she told me that there is no AP group that she is aware of, but that there are five meetings around Fayettevile for LLL. I nursed my older daughter until she was three, and I would have no problem attending meetings with a 10 month old. My younger daughter is eight months and I just went to a meeting a couple of weeks ago...now if I could just relocate the great group of AP moms from here.....
#7 of 21 Old 06-23-2005, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

I am totally unfamiliar with the LLL, I did'nt know you could just start going anytime. Im going to check the site to see where the meetings are and maybe call one of the leaders.
I don't know of any pple that practice ap, my friends from here have some strange ways, well at least I think they are strange. Im sure they think my ways are wild too, lol......Ap scares some pple I think....
It would be great to start an Ap group around here....Im totally interested.
#8 of 21 Old 06-23-2005, 03:01 PM

I do am unfamiliar with LLL. I've never been to a meeting. It would be great to start an AP group around this area. My nearly 5 year old dd has no friends in this area and I am so excited for her to start school this fall and make some friends. She's so lonely!

Meg

#9 of 21 Old 06-23-2005, 11:14 PM

Well, at least two people have responded to my message
LLL is open to anyone who is interested in or already does breastfeeding. I believe the membership fee is 36.00, but don't quote me You do get a magazine with the membership. I can't remember all of the perks, but it's a great way to get BF support and to meet like minded moms. The AP moms group I joined here is an offshoot of the LLL group- moms just decided to start their own. We have only been with the group over a month, but we already love it. We have done playgroups, beach outings, a cloth diaper party and tye dyeing to name a few things. And at no time did any mom ever compare her kids with mine. I do not tolerate competition like that. It totally undermines relationships...I'll quit preaching
Maura
#10 of 21 Old 06-24-2005, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Well, maybe when you get here we can all start a group or something. I need to check around more and see if I can find a group in the area. I am a memeber of some Msn ft.bragg groups, I might check and see if any of the ladies there know anything.
I know what you mean about the comparison thing, that's totally not cool.
beth
#11 of 21 Old 06-25-2005, 08:11 PM

Ooooh a group would be nice. I just checked on LLL website and there's two meetings on Bragg. One meets the second Tuesday of every month at 10am in the 2nd floor south dayroom of Womack. The other is at Watters Family Life Center on Sundays(I forget which, sorry). there's another in Hope Mills and another in Fayetteville somewhere. I might start going to the meeting at Womack when my dd starts school in the fall. I would love to see what it's all about.

Meg

#12 of 21 Old 06-25-2005, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

I just asked about an Ap group here in Bragg/Fayett and I got a 200 post responce. I guess some pple are totally unexcepting of Ap'ing ......however, there are some wonderful women who are more than interested in getting a group togeather around here....
#13 of 21 Old 06-26-2005, 03:58 AM

Beth,
I am interested 100% in an AP group to join when I get there..now if we could just get orders typed up
Where did you post the AP question, and what were the responses? That women know of groups there or that they want to start a group? Good luck, maybe you'll have it up and running by the time we get there
Meg, my first daughter was born 7-8-99 and my younger daughter was born 10-11-04..our children are fairly close in age
Maura
#14 of 21 Old 06-30-2005, 10:59 PM

I'm here! I've been out and about meeting people and am so disheartened. We've been here since February and it's harder for me to meet people cause my daughter is older (8). I don't think I can go to LLL at this point, although if I could, I would! I would so love to be around like-minded parents. I was starting to think that I'm the only "freak" here!

Melly

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#15 of 21 Old 07-02-2005, 12:14 PM

Hi i am here at Ft. Bragg too and involved with LLL. I just wanted to give you guys the info if you want it. It is free to attend at anytime. You can become a member if you want and get certain perks, but it is optional. There are 5 groups in Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg/Hope Mills. There is a toddler group if you feel more comfortable there. The website for LLL of Fayetteville is www.lllusa.org/web/FayettevilleNC.html

I am also interested in an AP play group. Are there any plans to meet?

eta: Melly, anyone interested in bf can come to LLL meetings. Women with experience are very valuable!
#16 of 21 Old 07-03-2005, 06:59 AM

I am still interested in the AP group idea, and there are women on a military parent Yahoo group who are as well Keep me posted, as we won't even get there until 8-10-05
Maura
#17 of 21 Old 07-03-2005, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Sounds like we could really get something going around here....Im going to ask around and make sure there is not a group already started.....
I'll let ya know if I find anything....
we need a ft bragg ap message board...like msn or yahoo....
I might come up with something....who knows....
#18 of 21 Old 07-07-2005, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

I have a link to a msn "ap group".....it just got started! Pm me if you want the link
beth
#19 of 21 Old 07-08-2005, 03:24 AM

Hi Beth, I finally found the board (much easier witht he right link LOL :LOL ) I love this site, thanks for telling me about it!!

Hi everyone else, too :

Melly, my oldest will be 7 in November. It is a bit harder meeting like minded people when your kiddos are older. Seems ap'ing is getting more and more common these days, but everyone has tiny lil babes lol. I have two other children as well (3, and 1), but it's not always easy finding playmates for my oldest. We homeschool, too, so it's even harder since he doesn't have built in friends at school, and the local homeschool groups here just aren't "us". We should get together

Like Beth said, we're starting an msn group for all you ap'ers here. It's just starting, and slow right now, but we're hopeful. So, join us! Can't wait to start planning some activites and meeting people!

Melissa
#20 of 21 Old 07-08-2005, 03:30 AM

I'm so glad to have the msn group now
Thanks for putting it together!
#21 of 21 Old 07-11-2005, 01:03 PM

Hi....I am in Raeford, NC and don't know of any AP stuff around here...I have 4 girls, ages 7, 4, 2(soon to be 3) and 4 months old...My youngest wears cd's made by her daddy...My DH loves making her her diapers.. I think it wwould great if there was an AP group around here...
~Meghan

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page