Denver area CNMs who do well-woman care? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-08-2005, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in Castle Rock, CO and am looking for a CNM or NP who does well-woman care as well as OB in the denver metro area. My sister's recent hospital delivery (a travesty : ) has led me to conclude that i am capital-D DONE with the huge OB/GYN practice i was going to. Anyone know of a good midwife or nurse pratitioner who does well-woman care (paps, annual exams, birth control, menopause care)? I'd like to find someone with an office to go to, preferrably. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2005, 04:22 PM

I used to go to The Midwifery Alternative, Dianne Ruseau (I'm sure I mis-spelled that) for my well woman care before I was on Kaiser. I think there may be a mama or two on here who are doing their prenatal care through her. I had been referred to her by my homebirth midwife so that was really all I needed to know I was very happy with the care I received.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

That's great - I will call her. Thank you Maria!
Old 07-13-2005, 03:31 PM

Hi - I used Diane for my first, and now she will deliver my second in Nov. LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!! Laura
Old 07-18-2005, 08:54 PM

My dd was born in Denver and the mid-wifery practice we used does well woman care. They were great! They are called Evergreen OB's because they are backed by OB's which actually gives them a whole lot more freedom and pull at the hospital. My labor was touch and go and i'm convinced i would have had a C-section if I had an OB, but my midwife was confident and after 18hours dd came with no interventions. The number is 303-377-9500.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:28 PM

I don't know if this is close to you or not but my client (I'm a doula) is going to here: http://www.uch.edu/content/Fitzsimon...ent%20Pavilion

and she has been really, really impressed w/ the midwifery care she's receiving. She wants a "homebirth in a hospital" and this hospital actually bases it's care off a birthing center model. They will allow you to have a waterbirth even....a real one!! This is the first center like this in Colorado. Anyway, ck out the site and see if you can ck out the midwives there. My client loves them! Let us know what you find will ya? I like having some good resources. Thanks and good luck! Brandy

Homeschooling mama to ds1 (2003) and ds2 (2006) and jewelry metal smith in my "down time."
Old 07-19-2005, 07:37 PM

Brandy that place sounds great! Too bad it's pretty far from me, I doubt I could make the drive in labor. I've been wishing for a birth center, it seems like there's none in Denver.

I've been looking into Little Tree. I haven't heard anything about them really, but they sell cloth diapers and have classes on sling wearing, it has me interested. When we get pg again I might look them up.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:06 PM

I was wondering about the place at Fitz. I saw a billboard a few months back and never looked into it. It's good to know that there are some expanding options.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:26 PM

I too would suggest going to see Diane Rousseau. I have been seeing her since '98 and she provides unbeatable care!
Old 08-06-2005, 04:46 AM

If you haven't called already I too recommend Diane Rousseau. I've known her my whole life! The other two midwives she works with are wonderful also, in fact one is my mom (Anne Williams) I went to Midwifery Alternative for my last two babies and Diane just put in my IUD last month. I'm new here but I had to respond since I know them personally.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.

User Tag List