We're definitely moving to Wilmington - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-31-2005, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are so excited! We bought a wonderful house and can't wait to get down there! The drive from CT is not something we're looking forward to with two small boys, but oh well. Any others in that area? Any suggestions/advice/tips?
#2 of 5 Old 08-01-2005, 01:46 PM

Hey, mama. We are in Wilmington!!! I think we've talked briefly before on here. I haven't met any other mamas on here who live within Wilmington. There are a few who live maybe 45 minutes outside of here. Where in town are you moving? LMK if I can tell you anything about the area! And PLEASE...let's get together once you get settled in here. I'm always wanting to meet some other ap/nfl mamas here

Beth, Mama to dd , wife to dh , teacher :~ Living, Loving, Learning...everyday.
#3 of 5 Old 08-01-2005, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

HEY Beth! We bought a house. We're still considered "Wilmington" but in the county. We are off Carolina Beach past Monkey Junction! We can't wait to get down there, we def have to meet up! Tell me all about it. We've lived there briefly before, but it's changed drastically since (and we didn't have kiddos) so any info is appreciated!!
#4 of 5 Old 08-11-2005, 11:50 PM

Hey, Shelley! For whatever reason, I always forget to check back on this thread I am so excited for you moving down here. That part of Wilmington is nice! There use to be nothing over there, but as you probably saw, it is getting built up a lot! So, I don't know what kind of things you are interested in...schools, support groups, etc.? LMK what I can tell you about. I picked you up a copy of the Wilmington Parent, that I will be happy to mail your way. It's mainstreamed, but has a great calander w/ different events going on in town that are great for kids and families. I'd love to be of whatever help I can be. Feel free to email me, too earth_child_22 at yahoo.com

I look forward to meeting you soon! When exactly do you move?

Beth

Beth, Mama to dd , wife to dh , teacher :~ Living, Loving, Learning...everyday.
#5 of 5 Old 09-10-2005, 12:50 AM

Hi Shelly! I am relocating from Michigan to Wilmington (Porter's Neck area) this month. Not looking forward to the 14 1/2 hour drive with our 14 month old. Please fill me in on what you like/dislike about the area.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page