Doulas/hypnobirthing in Portland, Maine area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-01-2005, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this board...and not quite a mom yet (due in Feb. 06) but am starting to check out things like doulas and hypnobirthing and would LOVE some advice. We just moved to Biddeford in October and are still pretty unfamiliar with the area - been too busy fixing up the old farmhouse!

Anyone have an area doula and/or hypnobirthing practitioner to recommend? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks.
#2 of 3 Old 08-01-2005, 07:45 PM

Congrats! Here is the link to DONA certified doulas in Maine. http://www.dona.org/search/results.p...=both&x=32&y=3

Best,
Amy

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#3 of 3 Old 08-03-2005, 05:29 PM

Check out the Ballard House in Portland, its the only freestanding birthing center in the state and they do offer a hypnobirthing class. I just delivered my 2nd baby Saturday and had been planning on delivering at Ballard House but had to be transferred unexpectedly to Mercy Hospital.

With that said, I can not say enough good things about Ballard House, I didn't do the hypnobirthing class instead I chose Birthing From Within and it was a great experience. Ballard House also hosts doula teas so its a great way to connect with doulas. Even though my girl's actual birth was not at BH, they have been great in providing support. I also met some great folks in the classes and by the way you don't have to plan on birthing at BH in order to take the classes, I had classes with folks who were planning home births, BH's and hospital births.

I'm in Saco so we are neighbors. :LOL In the immediate area it seems most folks I have met birth at SMMC which may be nice but wasn't what I wanted so Ballard House and that community was a good fit.

-Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page