TTC "the one thread" GRADUATES - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 130 Old 08-07-2005, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would hate to lose contact with you guys after we all go into different due date boards, and they sometimes just arent as fast paced once you get used to the pace of the one thread.

so after our discussions i decided to start the thread here, and i hope we still all continue to hang out and obsess over our new little growing beans.

I also hope all the other guys will join us soon

To start i am feeling very sick today and so so tired, and i am hoping isnt as bad this week as last as i am on the crappy shift at work this week (10 till when i finish pts so could be as late as 8.30pm), so i will not only be tired but will miss putting ds to bed.
But i do find my symptoms a comfort however that sounds.
i also have a popped out belly lol. so early this time, i even wore maternity pants yesterday lol.

hope to hear everyones update
heather
#2 of 130 Old 08-07-2005, 09:19 AM

Thanks Heather it will be great to keep up with everyone in one place

Did anyone else keep charting after getting a BFP? I have been as my BFP was so early but I am 14dpo today and well past my usual 10/11 day LP so I think I need to stop :LOL:

How is everyone feeling. I'm so happy & excited but a little worried too, I so so want this babe to stick. I am really crampy today, its better if I sit down and worse if I life something (like ds ) but I think (HOPE?) its normal, they are different from AF cramps more too the side I think!

I dug out some of my maternity stuff last night, that was fun. I will be in in a lot earlier this time I think, jeans feel tight and uncomfy already!

Heather you are not nuts, I can't wait to be feeling really sick I just want the reassurance I hope your yucky shift week goes quickly and its not too tiring for you
#3 of 130 Old 08-07-2005, 10:33 AM

Hi guys! hope you don't mind if i pop in a bit? the adoption forums are really really quiet compared to the ttc forums to it gets a bit lonely-plus some of you recent bfps are really familiar faces! Congrats to everyone by the way
~kel

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#4 of 130 Old 08-07-2005, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

fenwickmama great to see you, hang out all the time, we can graduate many different ways.

How are things going?
I also 2nd what you say, so many of the other boards so slow, that i miss the chattiness, and comaraderie of other people. At the one thread i felt like i was actually getting to know people a little.
#5 of 130 Old 08-07-2005, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

FreeSpiritMama dont worry i had those cramps too and i was convinced i had ectopic pregnancy, ive been assured that there perfectly normal, and we thought ttc made us lol.
#6 of 130 Old 08-07-2005, 11:58 AM

Great idea on the new thread!
On my due date board, one of the mamas created a weekly thread for chatting and several people were like "nooooooo! We hate chatting! We could never keep up with The One Thread and we don't want one here!" It hurt my feelings because I loved The One Thread and didn't want to give up the chatting. It's so optional! Why not? Obsessors love friends!
Anyway, glad to be here!
Scuba and FSM, I have had cramps the whole time. I'm in my 8th week. I just keep thinking that as long as I'm not bleeding and as long as everything is progressing, it must be fine. I've got some horrible morning sickness now, which is reassuring even though it sucks.
Fenwickmama, how is your adoption coming? You were thinking of Guatamala if I remember correctly, is that right? Hope all is well!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#7 of 130 Old 08-07-2005, 01:14 PM

thanks for the welcome...
I think we are mostly thru the paperwork, and just starting the waiting phase. our homestudy is mostly done-tomorrow is the health dept visit and then the s.w. has to visit later and interview us and our references but most of the paperwork is done for that...mostly done our foreign dossier (picky stack o paperwork for guatemalan government) and waiting to hear on our immigration paperwork from the us gov...i'm anxiously optimisitic-enough so that we bought a crib (well, my grandmother paid but we got it last week), so that was surreal!
i'm dabbling at the trading post for dipes and researching grant $$ for adoption expenses to help me be a sahm for a bit...
that's all for now, i think...
kel

#8 of 130 Old 08-07-2005, 02:43 PM

Hey everyone. glad we have a place to stay in touch. I really feel like you mamas were my support and obsessing sisters through the ttc process. It can be such an emotional ride!! Thank you!! Hopefully we can maintain this throughout our baby planning too!!

I am 4 weeks and 4 days today. I am in total shock that this is happening!! Haven't told anyone yet excent my nurse practitioner who I work with. She ordered a quant and progesterone level because i was spotting. They came back good and the spotting has almost stopped. Other than that, My boobs are huge and hurt like hell and I get really tired if I haven't eaten in a while. I am due 4/11/06. : for !!!

Chris
#9 of 130 Old 08-07-2005, 08:22 PM

hey...can I join?...I am a graduate of the one thread...30wks tomorrow! I went through so many ups and downs on that thread and had the greatest support ever!

BTW..Scubamom...I am a Newfoundlander! I no longer live there but miss it terribly!

I am so happy everytime I see someone on the thread graduate...I lurke there occasionally but I miss my friends there..some of the women on there were on there when I joined it and are still trying...I am cheering silently for them!
#10 of 130 Old 08-08-2005, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

hi allgirls, how is the pregnancy going, are u still feeling good?
where about in newfoundland?, and where are u know?

How is everyone else feeling today. I have been nauseous all day and i still have 4 hrs left at work and im bagged but oh well its all in a good cause But at least im comfy, as i got some great maternity pants in a swap and im wearing them today, its early but i didnt fancy the whole undo my button halfway through the day again. U can actually see a bump if i wear something fitted, but ive been so sick ive lost 3 pounds, weird. So know im only 3 pounds more than when i got pg with ds. Im pleased as did have 20 extra on a year after he was born. Going back to work does have one good side.
I havent actually been sick just feeling yuk, but im still eating 3 meals and snacks so weightloss a mystery. I am sure will make it for it soon. lol

anyhow my break over so back to the grindstone. just wanted to check in
heather
#11 of 130 Old 08-09-2005, 03:42 AM

Hi allgirls & fenwickmama

Nothing exciting here just really tired, feel a little sick but nothing bad. I am so hungry though, I seem to need to eat every 3 hrs.
#12 of 130 Old 08-10-2005, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamom
hi allgirls, how is the pregnancy going, are u still feeling good?
where about in newfoundland?, and where are u know?

I come from a little Island(Change Islands) in Notre Dame Bay...I also lived in St. John's for several years(went to MUN) and now I live in South Western Ontario(Stratford area but not in Stratford)

We are looking to move back home in the next few years!

Hope you are feeling better today.

I have a question...what is the birth environment down there like? Also I know the BFing rate is really low, particularly in rural areas though my sister bf all three of hers(including a 27wk preemie) and my SIL bf her 2 as well.

We had thought of moving down this year but I just did not want a hospital birth.

Anyway..cheers!!!
#13 of 130 Old 08-10-2005, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

morning all.
well i was feeling great this morning, but just hit a slump and now im tired and sick. But its only for a short time i keep repeating in my head.

allgirls, i really havent heard much about birthing options, but when i had ds i didnt know much about home births then, plus he was breech and had to have a section so took my options away. Also bf rates very low but they have great lc's and are very supportive. As for the rest of AP parenting my neighnours think im nuts with the cloth diapers and slings. But i dont i dont think i fit in to well being a non newfie and living in CBS anyhow

I hate to say it, but i would be wary of moving back inless you have work lined up, i am orginally from the uk and we moved here for my work, but are contemplating moving back out west as took my dh a long time to get a good job, and its still low paid to what we are used to and only seasonal. Also its expensive to live here, housing was cheaper ( but rising rapidly) in st johns, and the income tax is horrendous, although we did move from alberta so unsure how compares to where you are. 2 litres of milk is 3.37, crazy isnt that.

But it has many advantages so that why we have stayed so long, so i dont mean to put a downer on things for you. Newfoundland is such a beautiful province though and a tourism secret so far, although i know where my dh works as a dive instructor is getting busier each year with brits esp coming in for dive holidays. I am hoping all the increased tourism will make for a better economy for all.

P.s anyone got any news about first appts, tests, u/s etc
#14 of 130 Old 08-10-2005, 12:35 PM

HEY!!! I didn't know this was here! Way to go, Scubamom... now, let me catch up with everyone...

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#15 of 130 Old 08-10-2005, 12:43 PM

Oh, this is cool! I just hope I get to stay a grad!!! You probably mostly all know anyway, but my 2nd beta was "a little low" so I had another this morning, and I am EXPECTING GREAT THINGS!

I'm sure I will have more to say after that... I wonder if there's a way to spread the word about this thread! I only found it with scubamom's post on the March board (ok, I was bored at work, and I wanted to see what's down the road for me!)...

talk to y'all soon! fenwickmama, I'm so glad you're here!!!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#16 of 130 Old 08-11-2005, 09:02 AM

Hi all. Celeste-glad you are still a grad
having some nervousness here over politics in guatemala-don't quote me but my understanding is that UNICEF regularly tries to push it's agenda thru (anti-family, anti-child, anti-int'l adoption) by offering the guat gov't big $$$...one attempt was yesterday-it failed but it brought the whole situation to our attention and now it's like a whole nother layer of crap that is out of our control to worry about. ugh...just when i think things are looking ok...(i know it could be worse cuz like i said it didn't work this time but still).
kel

#17 of 130 Old 08-11-2005, 11:26 AM

CBS...cool...nice area!

Since I am a SAHM I am not concerned about work for me at this point. I also will probably be studying while am there...a former teacher of mine is doing a fine arts degree right now and I am thinking of asking her if I can study under her..she lives in my home town.

Also we would be moving back home and buy a house. Hubby has a job where he is away a lot...he would still be away a lot, just flying home for a week every 3 weeks...not much adjustment there.

and I need help with these 4 kids...my teen especially is being difficult. that's the main reason.

I think 2 litres of milk is about 3.29 but I buy organic which is 4.99 for 2litres...

Well since I grew up there they all think I am nuts anyway...they think I am this eccentric weird person(I mean it's just not normal to sit on the edge of a cliff and read Jane Austin in the fall)...but they do love me ..guess I am entertainment...lol

When I was home I got so many positive comments on the sling and cloth diapers...but they were a little wierded out about still bfing(she was a year)...I told them EVERYBODY in Ontario bf for a couple years I think some of them bought it!

Anyway...we are still planning...we just need to find a big enough house...we have enough equity in our house her to buy a bigger one there outright!
#18 of 130 Old 08-11-2005, 03:08 PM

Hi everyone, still not much happening here I want to feel pregnant it all seems a little surreal right now.

Fenwickmama ~ I hope your adoption process goes smoothly

for everyone
#19 of 130 Old 08-11-2005, 05:03 PM

Thursday greetings! Fenwick, sorry to hear about the complications... it's so frustrating! Why does it have to be so hard to become parents??? I just don't get it.

I am feeling like something of a thread floater right now. After yesterday's betas allowed us to breathe a sigh of relief (they'd more than doubled), today I woke up to some spotting. I stayed home from work and have had my feet up and been chugging water all day; the nurse said it's just a waiting game now. I'm thinking that since it hasn't progressed to cramping and bleeding, I (we) will probably be ok. But it makes me feel like I always have bad news in here, and I sure don't want to bum everyone out!

Anyway, that's my day today. Waiting, waiting, waiting. We're going in to see the doctor tomorrow, and then for an ultrasound on Tuesday. Today is my 5 week marker.

#20 of 130 Old 08-11-2005, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

celesterra arent friends there for good and bad, so keep on posting and posting. lots of for you and all of us
All i ever do is moan about how sick i feel :LOL

man today was bad, felt like i almost could have passed out at work today.

whine whine whine
#21 of 130 Old 08-11-2005, 07:31 PM

people have told me i'm crazy for saying it, but i can't wait for the morning sickness! not that i like puking or anything, but it would be so reassuring!

scubamom, i do hope that you feel better, though! and thanks for your nice reply...

#22 of 130 Old 08-12-2005, 04:25 AM

Celeste ~ I can't wait for morning sickness either, I dont feel pregnant at all and its kind of scary

Scuba ~ I hope your sickness passes soon
#23 of 130 Old 08-12-2005, 08:24 AM

Celesterra...I hope you are ok

Scubamom...feel better soon

I didn't have ms too bad this time...at least not that constant overwhelming kind likeI had with Sophia...just occasional vomiting and a loss of appetite.

Tons of food aversions

I remember the panic when I felt good...I occasionally still get nauseated now. and I am nearly 31 wks
#24 of 130 Old 08-12-2005, 09:45 AM

Bring on the nausea!!!! I would feel much better if I had a touch of it too. I don't want to be miserable but it would be reassuring!!
#25 of 130 Old 08-12-2005, 02:57 PM

Celeste!

I keep reminding myself that my miserable morning sickness is a sign that my hormones are doing the right thing, but it's hard to welcome it when I'm feeling so horrid! The rest of you who don't have it yet should enjoy it!

DH started law school yesterday, so we are staying with his Grandma in our new city until we close on a house. I wasn't very good at packing with feeling so bad, so we left our old house in choas. My next-door-neighbor called long distance this morning to tell me she let herself in with her key and has been packing and cleaning for me. She's really sweet. We have to go back in a week and collect our stuff and move it into storage down here until we close.

I'm at 8 weeks and haven't been to see a doc or midwife yet. I'm ready to hear a heartbeat or something to perk me up a little. But in this new city i'm just not sure where to go. Ah, major life changes never come in singles, right?

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#26 of 130 Old 08-14-2005, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

how was everyones weekend?

i had a great day yesterday but boy im suffering for it today, so tired i can barely type so will keep this short and as per usual sick. who was it that said roll on the m/s as come and get mine. The upside is ive lost 3 pounds (not that i care if gain loads, as gained 50 with ds), but means my smaller butt shows of my big belly better lol.

speak to you all soon
hev
#27 of 130 Old 08-15-2005, 03:19 AM

Busy weekend here too, I took a 2hr nap yesterday and was still ready for bed at 9pm! Feeling a little more queasy today and I'm hungry but finding it hard to find anything I fancy eating.

I haven't called the Dr or midwife yet, I think I will this week and make an appointment for when I'm around 8 weeks.

Hope everyone is well
#28 of 130 Old 08-16-2005, 04:43 PM

Saw the today!!! I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow!!!
#29 of 130 Old 08-16-2005, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

im so pleased for you zion, you must be ecstatic.
Do you have a scan pic, they wouldnt do one for me, as apparently too many people going back and saying whats that whats this etc. So i cheated as work in health care and i accessed computer system that my scan on and printed myself a copy : as i need babies first pic. lol

hows everyone else?

i have a drs appt tommorrow so will let you know how its goes
heather
#30 of 130 Old 08-17-2005, 03:24 AM

Morning sickness is here : :LOL I would happily give it back now but its a good feeling as I'm sure this babe is sticky now

Zion so glad you got to see the hearbeat

Good luck at the Drs tomorrow Heather

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page