Pediatrician in Sussex County,NJ/Orange County, NY? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2005, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok...so I'm due in 4.5 weeks, so I figure I really should have a pediatrician!

I was given a recommendation that Dr. Nilufer Clubwala in Monroe, NY supports the decision not to vaccinate. I have an appt. set up with her for next Thursday, but I was hoping that I could get some other suggestions. I'm in Sussex County, NJ, but I'm not very far from Orange County, NY and would be willing to travel a bit, if necessary.

Ideally, I'd like a holisitic pediatrician who is AP friendly, but I'll take any suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2005, 03:28 AM

I've heard good things about the Monroe practice. Dr. Mohassal in Port Jervis is a favorite among the non-vaxing crowd here, but he is still VERY mainstream. Not a bad idea to go to him for a diagnosis and then choose your own path of treatment. I also have a homepath in Port Jervis who is helping me with my kids. I can get you her info if you'd like.

Best wishes for a wonderful birth! My little one is 12 weeks already and I can't believe how time flies. We're pretty close so if you ever want to meet up for a baby day and to talk all about birth, parenting, and AP I would love it.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by septmommy
I also have a homepath in Port Jervis who is helping me with my kids. I can get you her info if you'd like.
Thanks for the reply! And congratulations on your little one!

It's reasurring to know that you've heard good things about the Monroe practice...and I'll keep the Port Jervis doc in mind for back-up.

I'd love the info on the homeopath in Port Jervis. I'll probably take the baby to the doc when she's sick, but try alternative medicine before I put her on pharm. meds right away...
Old 08-22-2005, 02:45 AM

Gosh...I grew up in that Monroe practice...but the docs who saw (and vaxed!) me are all gone. One of the doctors in that practice went to school with me -- Dr. Jamee Goldstein.

I have heard good things about that specific doc (Clubwala) but not necessarily the whole practice. Please keep us updated if you go there!

User Tag List