Finding and Giving Hurricane Katrina Relief in Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-03-2005, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
tug

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, we have evacuated from new orleans to our families in northern virginia (vienna). we had to leave our dipe stash and now need to replace as soon as possible (i'd rather not buy another package of paper dipes). does anybody know of a place near vienna that sells cloth dipes? i'm thinking we need to go as cheaply as possible - 12-18 prefolds and some bummi whisper pants (i have 2 in dipes). thanks for any replies. if necessary, i can wait 'til monday and just get some non-gel paper dipes, but i'd rather buy today or tomorrow. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-03-2005, 03:08 PM

Hey tug!

We're down in Woodbridge. Does anyone in your family belong to the NoVA FNL yahoo list? I can ask the mamas on there and I'll ask in my ap homeschool group as well. Anything else you need?

Missy
#3 of 6 Old 09-05-2005, 01:02 AM

Tug, please let me know also--we have a wonderful Attachment Parenting Int'l. group here and many moms cloth diaper.

Also, please feel free to come to our Monthly Support Meeting Sep. 16 at the Dolley Madison Library in McLean from 1:30-3:30.

Blessings!
#4 of 6 Old 09-05-2005, 01:19 AM

Hi! Glad y'all are safe with family.

I don't think there are any actual brick and mortar stores that sell dipes, but there are 2 online businesses/wahms in the area that I can think of.

www.abbyslane.com I think she's in Manassas, VA. You could probably do a local pickup to get the dipes even faster.

www.softclothbunz.com A great lady named Brianna runs this biz in Virginia Beach. I've ordered from her before and always had great shipping & service.

I thought there was a lady in Dahlgren, but it appears she's moved(they were military). Those 2 are the only ones I can think of at the moment. I wish I had some extras I could just send to you. The FNL list is a great resource, so the pp who mentioned it will probably get some great info for you.
#5 of 6 Old 09-05-2005, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
tug

Kelly - thanks for the info. it's kind of funny, but i had ordered a dozen fbs from softclothbunz right before the storm. unfortunately, they were mailed. she said that if they come back, she will mail them to me here. i'm hoping they get sent back to her!

i went and bought 12 prefolds and a couple of wrap pants from babies r us yesterday just to get me through. i was so bummed to pay $5 each for some not-so-nice wraps but they'll do for now! i bought my 2 1/2 year old a couple of those pull ups. now i can relax a bit before buying a couple more. at home, we let him run naked sohe'll potty.

i will look for that ap mom's meeting in september. it will be nice to meet some moms while i'm up here.

terenia
#6 of 6 Old 09-13-2005, 10:16 PM

The purpose of this thread is to post information, offers and suggestions to help those who have been displaced by Hurricane Katrina in your local and surrounding community. We want to get as much information gathered as possible so that moms in your area can access the following information:

1. Who needs help in your area
2. Where they can donate goods locally
3. Local organizations that are organizing relief efforts
4. Ideas and ways of getting involved and where volunteers are needed
5. Shelters for Hurricane Katrina in your area
6. Post if you are willing to help in your area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page