ABQ: New December Chat Thread - Mothering Forums

#1 of 81 Old 12-02-2005, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, the fact that we were still posting in November, and it's now December, was bugging the heck outta me, lol. When did I get so anal?

MNO: I have to agree with Pippi, that if we will be forced to deal with in-laws and shopping this Holiday season, I will need a drink. Heck, I'm going to need a drink just to deal with dh (he has a week off, hope I survive!)

Playgroup: Camella will be hosting this Monday, the 5th. PM me for directions because she isn't on mothering. Pippi has volunteered for the 12th. I can do the 19th.

Sarah is finally getting over the shots. She managed to pull her leg out of the nurses grip and along with the four shots, she has two scratches on her leg (and actually she got antoher poke because the first shot didn't finish.) Man, am I glad we refused the chicken pox and are delaying MMR!

Mama of three.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 81 Old 12-02-2005, 08:26 PM

The shots only get worse, when ds got 2 boosters at his 4 year check it was terrible.

I don't have to worry about the in-laws they are in PA. My mom is coming out for a long visit, and bringing the MR adult she cares for. She has the mentality of a 2 year old, like I need another one in the house

We are going to be out of town for 3 days next week we decided to do that for my birthday I'm getting so old

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#3 of 81 Old 12-02-2005, 10:15 PM

Elmh23: Poor Sarah and her shots She has my sympathy - I hate needles! Glad to hear she's getting over it.

#4 of 81 Old 12-03-2005, 06:48 PM

Hi guys! I've posted once or twice before but turned into major slacker. I would like to try to meet you guys, I've been meaning to go to the Summit Park meetup and just haven't gotten to it.

I maybe doing something Monday afternoon but if not would love to join you and the tots. Who should I PM? Jyang has met me at yoga so she can vouch for the fact that I'm a real person with a real baby and not a creepy stalker.

I also am able to host sometime, we also have a dog and dog hair everywhere...and our toys are all at the 10 month and under level.

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#5 of 81 Old 12-03-2005, 06:53 PM

Erin...I just read about the shots! Poor baby! I was so happy at our 9 month appt when there weren't any. Did you get any flak about delaying MMR or refusing chicken pox? That's what we're planning on too and I love my ped but I have no idea how he'll react. Are you splitting up the MMR too? I would like to do that as well but I've heard it can be difficult.

#6 of 81 Old 12-04-2005, 12:53 AM

hi everyone! wowie im sooo sorry about the shots. we refused chik-pox also and our ped thought we were fools- she also thought it was terrible that we had jude @ home.... we canned her and found a nice new lady. we anounced that we would love to have a "battery-free" christmas for the boys we got a few raised eyebrows but everyone agreed -we'll see how it goes. elmh23, i thought i was the only one who sometimes wants their love out of the house sometimes hes just like another kid!!
#7 of 81 Old 12-04-2005, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Amie, pm me for directions! Look forward to meeting you and your little one!

The refusal of the chicken pox went over okay. He wasn't thrilled but I had said something like we'll do it when she's 12 if she hasn't had it and he eased up. I had asked his opinion of MMR and he told me that he hadn't had a problem with it, but he did notice that 10 days after the shot, kids will get irratable (sp?) and usually a slight fever. When he said that, I decided we'd wait on it until she's a little more verbal (also 10 days after the shots is Matthew's Christmas party for work and I want to go to that, lol) Matthew freaked out when I told him though. He just really needed to know for sure that we were going to do it. I told him yes, just not for at least 3 months. I don't know about splitting them up yet. I don't think they offer it that way, but I'll have to ask.

Battery-free Christmas sounds nice! Luckily, Matthew's family doesn't really give Sarah battery gifts and my mom, who would by that stuff, goes shopping with me.

Mama of three.

#8 of 81 Old 12-04-2005, 11:57 PM

AmieV and Jyang - you guys still to yoga w/ your babies? Over at High Desert? I really miss yoga but now that DS wants to be walked around all the time, I don't see how we could go. Maybe once he's able to really walk on his own?? Are there older kids who go?
#9 of 81 Old 12-05-2005, 11:44 AM

We didn't split the MMR up, but we did delay it a bit (3-6 months longer?) our ped was totally fine with that, he was great he's moved away

Our new ped seems fine, he did want to do the Hep A vaccine, apparently it's part of the "new" guidlines Anway he was ok with the fact that we told him we would do our own research on it before commiting, we both think it's something we are going to skip.

#10 of 81 Old 12-05-2005, 11:48 AM

hey Pippi! Yes we still go. But Abby is not walking yet. She is crawling everywhere and the teacher said that while it's technically a "precrawling" class, since Abby is nice and doesn't try to beat on any of the babies, that she's fine. I do plan on stopping taking her when she's walking though.

HOWEVER, there's a toddler yoga class at The School of Complete Yoga on Eubank/Constitution taught by a fabulous lady named Marsha. We used to take her baby class before my class schedule changed. Once Abby is walking I plan on going to those. They're Wed. mornings I think at 9:45. Their website is schoolofcompleteyoga.com, I think. I bet that would be more your speed. How old is your son?

elmh, I PM'd you! We've got a cranky teething monster here today so hopefully it will help get her mind off of things to get out of the house. Yeah, I plan on getting her the shot if she hasn't had pox by a certain age...my husband had it when he was 19 and was very, very, very sick...he hallucinated and stuff. Hopefully we'll know enough people who haven't had the shot to get her exposed before then though!!

#11 of 81 Old 12-06-2005, 11:22 PM

AmieV: Thanks for the yoga info, a toddler class sounds interesting. I may go check it out - I am really missing yoga! DS is almost 11 months, almost walking on his own, so I guess is almost considered a toddler!

Playgroup - I can host this monday the 12th. PM for directions.
#12 of 81 Old 12-06-2005, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

So, um, yeah, my day has sucked! After yesterday's perfect nap of 2 and a half hours, I should have known today would have been different. One, one hour nap today, which left me with a VERY cranky baby tonight. That led to Sarah falling into the dining room table and screaming her head off while I was on the phone with customer support for Matthew's phone (he had her.) Now, my little princess has a HUGE goose egg on her head. Poor thing was miserable until she nursed to sleep.

Also, we looked at some nice and not so nice houses today. For the most part, the market is really quick and the one I wanted to show Matthew, had three offers on it by the time we were done seeing it. So, we held off. I don't want to get into a bidding war, been there, done that.

Thanks for listening, I just needed a vent!

Pippi, we'll be there Monday and I'll pm you later this week.

Mama of three.

#13 of 81 Old 12-07-2005, 01:33 AM

hey girls! Sorry we bailed yesterday, I ended up yick yacking for hours with my friend that I haven't seen in like 6 months. Both of our kiddo's have GROWN. And they both nursed and fell asleep at the restaurtant so there was no way we were going ANYwhere. Sounds like some of you can relate to the almighty nap.

We hung out with Jen and Skya today and definitely want to come to the playgroup next week. I'll PM you Pippi!

my mommy is coming to town this weekend! I'm sooooo excited, this means we get to go on a date, stress free (I do not worry about DD one bit when she's with my mom...I swear she's in better hands than my own with Granny!)

yikes, the housing stuff is bad. When we were looking at houses I would go during the day with the realtor and half the time DH didn't get to look at the ones I liked because they were gone by that night. good luck! what part of town are you looking?

#14 of 81 Old 12-07-2005, 01:26 PM

Hi Ladies,

I think you might have gone to some of these before, but here are some suggestions. Gulp, next to Graze. Or Scalo's bar. Both are on Central. If they aren't crowded we could just get a table too.

Also, I can host playgroup in January. January 2 if people will be around or January 9 otherwise. Just let me know.

It was great seeing everyone!
#15 of 81 Old 12-07-2005, 04:04 PM

Hi everyone,
Wanted to remind you that today is free at the Albuquerque Museum (1st Wed. of each month). Should be a nice indoor excursion. Olivia loves going up and down the stairs...

We haven't made it to playgroup the last couple weeks, but this Monday looks promising. PippiP, I'll pm.
I'm also happy to host in January. We'll be out of town on the 2nd, but the 9th or 16th would work!

elmh23, I hope today goes much smoother for you! I'll let you know if I see any good deals real estate-wise.

Wishing you all warm noses and toeses

mama to dd1(5) and dd2(2)
#16 of 81 Old 12-07-2005, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Today is going a lot better. We have no where to be and she's enjoying just hanging out.

Anyone have a date for MNO?

House hunting is always fun. We're looking in the northeast heights, pretty much around the malls and east. Of course, this is where everyone seems to want to live, lol.

Amie, have fun with Granny!

Mama of three.

#17 of 81 Old 12-07-2005, 05:29 PM

Scalo, Scalo, yes! Hey, has anyone figured out whether Gulp is nonsmoking? I suppose I could call. Yeah, what about a date? The 13th is closest to the full moon. . .

Mom to my 9 year old daughter and 7 year old son. 

#18 of 81 Old 12-07-2005, 06:43 PM

where/what are good cold weather things to do? eek. What's at the abq museum? The aquarium is a bust as it takes DD 10min to walk through the whole thing and then she's done. Ever since the wind and 20's-30's ive felt trappped. What are you all doing?

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#19 of 81 Old 12-07-2005, 07:37 PM

hi all- welp elmh23 i totally feel you on the crap day mine has lasted all week though... friday i find out my mom has a staph infection, eeewww! and shes basically corintined(sp) in her house. so being that our whole family consists of mom,me, and sis(16) i get another kid... a teenager!!! ahhh, its been great ive been hualing her all over town cooking,cleaning- i might blow a fuse any minute! ok thats out... sorry we ditched out on mon, too much going on. do look forward to next week although ds1 is grump... is it cuz hes been caged inside?cuz of teeth? hes nearing 2? the mysteries of toddlerhood... hey what is MNO?

stay snugg, Bugg
#20 of 81 Old 12-08-2005, 11:00 AM

Zowie! Busy chatters.

Elmh - didn't know you were in the market! Cool. We're aiming for early summer (our lease is up in June). Sorry to hear about S's egg. Hope she's doing better.

Sas - I hear ya on the aquarium. the first time we went we were with a woman who does the express version of all events with the ultimate goal of reaching the end, not the journey itself. so now za thinks we have to speed race through it. drat. the last time we went to the museum was when they had the goodnight moon exhibit. that was neat. our explora membership is set to expire this month so we'll have to re-up that. za can spend like 2/3 hours there.

MNO = Momma's Night Out

I was also thinking the 13th. Gulp is smoking - I think that's the whole reason it exits since Graze has it's own small bar, and you can order from the whole menu at Gulp. I would imagine the Scalo bar is non-smoking since it's in the restaurant. I was also thinking of the Monte Vista Fire Station - they have those great round booths. But it's smoking as well. Same with the basement bar at Zinc.

So, Scalo on the 13th?
#21 of 81 Old 12-08-2005, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Scalo on the 13th it is! Now all I need to do is make sure dh will be home, lol. I could really use it before going into the holidays! Dh is going to be off work from December 24 through January 2. Hopefully all will survive!

Bugg, sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully she gets better soon so you can return your sister. I have a 16 year old brother (well, we kinda adopted eachother) and I can only deal with him for an hour at a time.

Do you all think a one year old would have a lot of fun at explora? I'm thinking of getting a memebership for the new year but I'm just not sure how Sarah would do. I guess I should probably take her before getting a membership, but that means hauling myself down there, lol.

Mama of three.

#22 of 81 Old 12-08-2005, 02:38 PM

On indoor play: Explora is perfect for one small mobile child, and I used to think the toddler area was utopia. For us now it's a two-adult trip because while Delano can be happy in the toddler room Walden wants to roam and Delano doesn't want to be worn, and I don't know how to keep the two of them together on the floor in the maze that is Explora. Maybe the children's section of the downtown library would work for us, but Walden used to just want to climb the stairs and the stairwell is cold and gritty, and I have a feeling Delano is in the stair phase now.

I'll see you ladies at Scalo!

Mom to my 9 year old daughter and 7 year old son. 

#23 of 81 Old 12-08-2005, 09:56 PM

hola! sooo mamas night out sounds sweet, do u all do it once a month?and can i come? anywho- i just found a bunch of cool indoor stuff offered at taylor ranch comm center (not sure if anyones close, we´re in the NW valley) i´m taking kaleb to tumbling tots. every class is only like 2 bucks! if anyones intrested let me know and i´ll bring the list on mon. thanks elmh23, i hope shes better soon too. shes going crazy w/out human contact which in turn drives me a lil crazy since she calls everyother second cecily- ds and i do the main library, he climbs the stairs in the story pit- much nicer than the stairwell and im sure you´r dd would enjoy the books, blocks,and puzzles yack soon
#24 of 81 Old 12-08-2005, 11:24 PM

ohhhh, looking forward to Scalo on the 13th! I REALLY need it now, looks like DS has a stomach flu of some sort, poor boy Anyone have any experience w/ this? How long will is last? How long is it contagious? This may change plans for mon. playgroup... guess we'll have to wait and see.

Indoor play? What's that? DS insists on going outside. I bought some serious long underware for him and go anyway. I'll have to try Explora.

Bugg: I'm in the north valley too - please share any and all info you have on the taylor ranch comm center. I've never heard of it.... And which library is the main library? Gee, I sound like I live under a rock Definately show up to MNO
#25 of 81 Old 12-09-2005, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Pippi, where did you find long underware? I've been searching all over the city for some long sleeved onesies and I CANNOT find them! I really want to take Sarah out more, but we don't have enough warm clothes to make it possible!

If we can't do playgroup at Pippi's, I could host. It's not ideal since dh will be gone all weekend in Magdalena (he'll be helping a friend drywall his house.) Hopefully H will be feeling better though!

Mama of three.

#26 of 81 Old 12-10-2005, 01:08 PM

Hey ladies! Playgroup people - DS is feeling much better, so we're on for monday. His stomach issues were short lived, thank God!

Elmh: I ordered some long undies for DS from Patagonia. Here's the website: http://www.patagonia.com/za/PDC/Pgon...rchant_rn=7385
They were expensive, but, like you, I couldn't find anything anywhere else. I have to say, though, they are really nice, and I never worry about him getting cold outdoors. I've also used them at night under his sleeper since it's IMPOSSIBE to keep a blanket on him at night (like most babes I'll bet). Poor boy was an icicle when he'd roll over to nurse in the early AM.
#27 of 81 Old 12-11-2005, 04:46 PM

hi all- PippiP, i just read about the tummy junk, Kaleb woke up Friday and puked :Puke - he did'nt eat much all day then woke up fine on sat...??? it was his first bit of sickness ever and we freaked out. im glad Hayden feels better maybe it was a N valley bug we literally live down the block from eachother! the main library is downtown, and TRCC is off of montano and taylor ranch rd. we'll be there tomarrow and tues looks good too
#28 of 81 Old 12-11-2005, 07:24 PM

Hey we are like 1-2 miles from the Taylor ranch CC I'd love info.

The housing market is crazy, in the next few years our house is going to need serious upgrading I briefly looked into what it would cost to just buy a "done" house vs fixing ours up, well lets just say we will be fixing ours up.

No mom's night out for us, my mom is in town (my birthday is coming up). Warning brag ahead: Dh and I got away alone, for 3 days 3 days of peeing alone, nobody asking to nurse, nobody crying because I made cheese sandwiches with mayo not mustard, we actaully had conversations. Now the down side to this is I'm getting old, real old I'm turing 30 I'm becoming one of "those" people who are old and mature

The dog missed us more than the kids did, Riley of course didn't miss a nursing beat

#29 of 81 Old 12-11-2005, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats on getting some alone time! I'm most envious of the peeing alone! Happy Birthday!

Mama of three.

#30 of 81 Old 12-12-2005, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Playgroup was awesome today. Thanks Pippi for hosting! Next Monday, the 19th, we'll be at my house, so please pm me for directions.

I can't wait for MNO tomarrow! I really need a drink! Sarah's been really crabby and it's been driving me nuts!

Hate to post and run, but Matthew needs on the computer (though I'm not sure why he just doesn't go and get the laptop...)

Mama of three.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page